What did you do?

fmingo36

Another 30mi down. Still feeling good. Ran hard out and back.

And Joel, 202 push ups??? Nah, 203 push-ups ;)

Nutrition is being tweaked again. I'm doing everything in my power to sub20 hours at BoB 100mi. I know a few people who are running, and I've researched most of my competition...a few tricks up my sleeves to create spirit breakers for better runners. One guy I know, who is pretty damn fast, is just coming off a 100 mi DNF (rare for him), so it makes him vulnerable, or really dangerous. With the right strategy, I could, in theory, make a top ten finish. But 100 miles is an equalizer...

Other news: I officially have two sponsors! Doing everything they can to get me across the finish for McN 500.

Run hard folks.
Congrats on the sponsorship Nick!
You can fill me in on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you and Alison.

Kristia

3 miles - 32:52. Tough run due to having to huge of at my work bbq picnic today. Managed to keep it under 11 min/mile though which is better than I thought I would do!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Congrats on the sponsorship Nick!
You can fill me in on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you and Alison.
#jealous I want to make that cookout!
Hell yeah! IBU Disorderly Conduct Cookout! Can't wait to meet the girls...#scoutshonor, I will do my best to curb my bad language
See above
And the IBU patches won't be ready by then, but prob by the end of July.

Joel: you, Sam and the kids should be there...damn you and your far away state...
I wish I could bro. I couldnt promise Coryna any filter of language. Im good, but after that first beer, level one words start to slip, after two beers, level two words and after three.... its all downhill from there.
Nothing the haven't heard before;)..Just kidding. The worse thing I say around them is "CRAPPIT!"

AGREE! When you moved it should been a few states north.
LOL... I dont like snow but on the occasional vacation. Ill take our 2.5 months of winter down here. It doesnt get cold till November... maybe December 1. The lows at night are crazy awesome.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
#jealous I want to make that cookout!
See above
I wish I could bro. I couldnt promise Coryna any filter of language. Im good, but after that first beer, level one words start to slip, after two beers, level two words and after three.... its all downhill from there.
LOL... I dont like snow but on the occasional vacation. Ill take our 2.5 months of winter down here. It doesnt get cold till November... maybe December 1. The lows at night are crazy awesome.

I got you beat buddy...i'm on level three words before the cap of beer #1 is even off.

Ariel484

Did 2.02 miles yesterday. 27:42 (13:42 min mile) That also included our 5 minute walk to warm up. Furthest that we have done so far! Probably will add on a little more distance on our run on Sunday.

Way to go!! :)

----------------------

I got up early on my first day of vacation (VERY much needed) to get 6 miles in (1:00:07)...today is the hottest day of the year here! Eek! :eek: Stay cool everyone!

PolynesianPrincess

Way to go!! :)

----------------------

I got up early on my first day of vacation (VERY much needed) to get 6 miles in (1:00:07)...today is the hottest day of the year here! Eek! :eek: Stay cool everyone!

It's so hard to run when it's hot!! ugh. This is why we run at like 8pm!! lol I tried to get up early yesterday but I am so not a morning person..

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3.10 this morning. It is funny to be running in some wodded areas, with a mild canopy and it seem cool (even though it was already 73), and then you get out in the open with no trees etc and it slaps you in the face with humidity and heat. I just laugh. It is the little things.

Ariel484

It's so hard to run when it's hot!! ugh. This is why we run at like 8pm!! lol I tried to get up early yesterday but I am so not a morning person..

I actually remember seeing people running at, like, 11 PM around the Epcot resorts when we were in Disney last summer to avoid the heat. It is not uncommon to run at night! I just really like getting it done in the morning. :)

So I was thinking about how you were nervous about your 10-miler training...are you still doing Couch-to-5k? Maybe check out a training plan like is one: http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51127/15K-10-mile-Novice-Training-Program

I just wonder if it might help your confidence to know you are actually training for the 10-miler rather than getting through Couch-to-5k before "officially" starting 10-miler training? Does that make sense? This training plan is 10 weeks long and tops out at an 8-mile long run/16-mile week (3 days of running per week, with first week mileage of 6 miles...which sounds close to what you are doing now). I guess you wouldn't actually need to start this plan until mid-/late July...something to think about. :)

PolynesianPrincess

I actually remember seeing people running at, like, 11 PM around the Epcot resorts when we were in Disney last summer to avoid the heat. It is not uncommon to run at night! I just really like getting it done in the morning. :)

So I was thinking about how you were nervous about your 10-miler training...are you still doing Couch-to-5k? Maybe check out a training plan like is one: http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51127/15K-10-mile-Novice-Training-Program

I just wonder if it might help your confidence to know you are actually training for the 10-miler rather than getting through Couch-to-5k before "officially" starting 10-miler training? Does that make sense? This training plan is 10 weeks long and tops out at an 8-mile long run/16-mile week (3 days of running per week, with first week mileage of 6 miles...which sounds close to what you are doing now). I guess you wouldn't actually need to start this plan until mid-/late July...something to think about. :)

Yes that definitely makes sense. We actually changed how we were running last night to try and see if something different would work. We were doing 60 second run / 90 second walk and last night we changed it to 45 second run / 1 minute 15 second walk. Even though we didn't change it by a lot, it seemed to help us not get as winded. And we were only about 10 seconds a mile behind our 60/90 pace.

Kristia

Good job on continuing your training! I saw you were thinking of throwing in the towel. Don't do it! Keep going! You can do it. It is tough in the beginning but if you keep plugging along you will get through. There will come a day when you look back at the days where you couldn't run for 90 sec straight with disbelief. I remember doing the C25K program and being freaked out about having to run 5 min straight. Now I still get a little freaked out if I have to add mileage that I haven't done in a while but I know I have done it in the past and can do it again!

I so agree about the morning thing! I am sooo not a hot weather runner. My hubbie on the other hand loves it. Give me a cold run any day! I am not a morning person but I have to admit when I can drag myself out of bed and do it early it feels so good to be done with it for the day! I have to go in to work way early though so a morning run for me has to start at 5 am :eek:. Yeah, that doesn't happen too often!

Keep running and think of how good it will feel to get that TOT medal around your neck! :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Busy day today, I was only able to get in 27 mi this morning, and that was cutting it close. I was rushed this morning and didn't bring enough calories, so I bonked at mile 22-23. I had to stop at one of the beach pavilions, go into the consession, pump ketchup into the small paper cups they provide and suck back like three of those. People staring at me like I just stepped off of a UFO.

Got home and did 203 push ups again.

No excuses.

Run hard folks.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Did 2.02 miles yesterday. 27:42 (13:42 min mile) That also included our 5 minute walk to warm up. Furthest that we have done so far! Probably will add on a little more distance on our run on Sunday.

That's great! I brought my stuff with me, hubby's working late, so I'm planning on stopping for a run on the way home today.

JillC LI

Hell yeah! IBU Disorderly Conduct Cookout! Can't wait to meet the girls...#scoutshonor, I will do my best to curb my bad language

I got you beat buddy...i'm on level three words before the cap of beer #1 is even off.

LOL, growing up in my family, my father used to boast that he spoke two languages - English and profanity! :rolleyes: So I learned from the best. LOL. The rule in our house was that we could not use it in anger against someone but we could throw it around as slang and my parents wouldn't get upset. I have, however, tried to be better with my own children, but I must admit that now that my son is turning into a teenager on Saturday (eeek! 13!), I am definitely getting looser with the language around him (and him with me). My 10 year old daughter does still get offended by it though.
Have fun, everyone, biting your tongues on Sunday!

I so agree about the morning thing! I am sooo not a hot weather runner. My hubbie on the other hand loves it. Give me a cold run any day! I am not a morning person but I have to admit when I can drag myself out of bed and do it early it feels so good to be done with it for the day!

Yeah, I have to force myself to get up early to run because I'm more likely not to do it if I wait until the late afternoon, plus the heat is unbearable then these days. I love knowing at 8:30am on a Saturday morning in the summer that my long run is over and I have a full day ahead of me while the rest of my family is still sleeping!

Busy day today, I was only able to get in 27 mi this morning, and that was cutting it close. I was rushed this morning and didn't bring enough calories, so I bonked at mile 22-23. I had to stop at one of the beach pavilions, go into the consession, pump ketchup into the small paper cups they provide and suck back like three of those. People staring at me like I just stepped off of a UFO.

Of all the gross things you have posted on this board, Nick, that my friend is the grossest! ROTFLMAO! (Then again, I hate ketchup.)

As for me, 4 miles this morning around the neighborhood before the temps soared into the 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom