What did you do?

Texas84

Wonder if that tropical storm in Florida pulled some of the humidity out of here. Very nice morning for another 3-miler. But I hear the 100's will be here this weekend. Luckily Galloway has me down for a short run this weekend.

fmingo36

Busy day today, I was only able to get in 27 mi this morning, and that was cutting it close. I was rushed this morning and didn't bring enough calories, so I bonked at mile 22-23. I had to stop at one of the beach pavilions, go into the consession, pump ketchup into the small paper cups they provide and suck back like three of those. People staring at me like I just stepped off of a UFO.

Got home and did 203 push ups again.

No excuses.

Run hard folks.

ONLY 27 miles, he says. Like that's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
ONLY 27 miles, he says. Like that's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

It's bad when you were shooting for 30 ;)

'Punishment' for slacking off...40 miles tomorrow.

"why do you run so long and far??? No one's making you!" someone asked me.
"exactly..." was my response, and took off at a 7:45 pace with another 25 miles to go.
Be responsible for yourself. Run hard.

melflip8

You guys are better than me...I slacked this morning. My slack means I get to catch up and run Friday and Sunday instead. Excited to follow through and make it to the Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Half way to the Y this morning to swim laps, I looked over and no goggles. DAMN. So, I guess Ill go by there on the way home from work. Gotta keep this momentum going in the pool.

JillC LI

40 miles.
100 degrees.
103 push-ups.
30 lbs in the pack and vest.

Run hard folks.

So out of curiosity, how do you feel at the end of a 40 mile run? Are your legs like spaghetti, or is it just like a standard long run that the rest of us do at whatever level we are at?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
These kind of posts make me nervous. Have you ever heard of heat stroke?
(Can you tell I'm a mother? :p )

Haha! No I'm good. There are several consession places that sell water which I dump on my head, or soak my hat, and I'll hop up to the boardwalk and stand under the cold showers ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
So out of curiosity, how do you feel at the end of a 40 mile run? Are your legs like spaghetti, or is it just like a standard long run that the rest of us do at whatever level we are at?

40 is fine. As long as I get the calories down and keep up the s-caps on the hour. Today was good. The pain is there but Im used to it and I can shut it off, provided it's just normal endurance strain. I really give credit to my post-run nutrition which repairs and recovers me pretty quick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom