What did you do?

Ariel484

Welcome back! Losing weight and getting faster is a great problem to have! :D

I know, I kept re-reading that post trying to figure out a way to convey that I am NOT complaining about it at all...:D

Of course you may join! We're happy to have you. Congrats on losing the weight. It can be really hard to figure out a race goal when you haven't raced a lot. I've been running a long time, but I race infrequently so I have that problem myself sometimes. I would wait until you see how some longer runs go before setting a goal. And good for you on the hill workout - they're killers but don't you feel proud of yourself when you complete them?!

Thanks for the congrats! I have raced a decent amount, but that was before I lost the weight. I think you're right that I need to wait until I get some long runs in before I can set a realistic goal...I also have a 10-miler in late April, about a month before my goal half marathon, so that should help me get an idea, too.

And yes, I was VERY proud after that hill workout! :D Sore and drenched in sweat, but proud. It was a great feeling.

Definitely worth every penny. My Nikes cost $140 and I wouldn't dream of changing. Comfortable feet = no injuries = happy runner.

Ouch! But you're right, totally worth it. The right shoes make a huge difference!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I challenge Nick: http://www.worldmarathonchallenge.com/

(I have been absent for a day or two, so if this was posted, sorry. At least the formal challenge wasnt there if so)

Oh come on dude, trix are for kids...:D I'd destroy that if I had the $ to travel that much, but I'd want them to be at least 50milers.

How about this: I'm already set to run the McNaughton 200 mile next year up in Vermont, but there is a 500 mile version as well...if anyone wants to contribute to the race fee, I'll switch registration to the 500 miler...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh come on dude, trix are for kids...:D I'd destroy that if I had the $ to travel that much, but I'd want them to be at least 50milers.

How about this: I'm already set to run the McNaughton 200 mile next year up in Vermont, but there is a 500 mile version as well...if anyone wants to contribute to the race fee, I'll switch registration to the 500 miler...
For you, I don't think the mileage would be the issue, but travel and all that flying... that would be exhausting. Hours in the air. I think the bigger challenge on this would be staying hydrated and your muscles not cramping and recovering.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
For you, I don't think the mileage would be the issue, but travel and all that flying... that would be exhausting. Hours in the air. I think the bigger challenge on this would be staying hydrated and your muscles not cramping and recovering.

You're absolutely right. Just traveling down to WDW is exhausting. But, I can do back-to-back 30 milers for a week (no issue), and I recover quick, but the international travel would get me.

The challenge still stands though; I'll change my registration from the 200 to the 500 miler if enough people want to chip in for the race fee, or show up to Vermont and want to help crew, pace, etc...:lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh, and another 30 miler this morning (ok, just shy of 30, 28 something).

Starting to lose the mental focus a bit because I'm on the same route everyday. I've been trying to add little detours to change things up too.

My legs were super sore last night, but the Stick roller works miracles in just 30 mins.

Hope everyone is doing well:

Newbies, keep working hard!

Joel, text me later about the knee...

Coryna, we have to do dinner soon...SO MUCH NEWS

Brad and Steve, keep kicking a___!

Dave, WHERE -TF ARE YOU???

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Starting to lose the mental focus a bit because I'm on the same route everyday. I've been trying to add little detours to change things up too.

My legs were super sore last night, but the Stick roller works miracles in just 30 mins.

Cheers folks!
Knee will get tested Saturday at a snails pace. If I can just get back out there, Ill be happy.

Where is Dave? I thought about him the other day and how he is MIA.

fmingo36

Cheers folks!

YES!!! Let's pick a date!
Also I have family that own a condo in Stowe, not sure how far that is from where your race is, but I'm sure I could get you the family discount if you were interested.

Ariel484

You're absolutely right. Just traveling down to WDW is exhausting. But, I can do back-to-back 30 milers for a week (no issue), and I recover quick, but the international travel would get me.

The challenge still stands though; I'll change my registration from the 200 to the 500 miler if enough people want to chip in for the race fee, or show up to Vermont and want to help crew, pace, etc...:lookaroun

Why not take this on? It's not international! :D

http://www.journeyfilm.com/8/43/68/686348/store/deankarnazes/

enchanted_belle

Never posted last night (kinda passed out post gym haha)... hour fifteen doing strength training for the upper body, walking lunges, and abs. No running this time around, but tryign to build up endurance with other exercises as well. :)

GoofyRacer11

Busy, busy! Of those I've done Cleveland, Fall Classic (I know you told me a bit about this over the fall - thanks!), Shot in the Dark and the Akron full relay in 2009. I was thinking about doing the Akron half this year but I don't know if it'll work with my schedule. Have you done River Run?

I love running so I want to run as many races as I can because when December comes around, there really aren't that many races around here. That and I love the whole race/after race experience in different parts of the state. If you do end up doing the half at Akron, they are changing the course a bit. Towards the end of the race where the series of uphills were before heading towards the stadium, I heard they are going to change the route a bit so that there aren't as many hills at the end. (Your welcome. I am always happy to help!)

I have heard of River Run, but I haven't done it yet. I would like to in the near future though. Have you done it?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

I'm actually going to do the McNaughton 500 miler regardless. Good ol' Dean gets a little too gimmicky and showey for my tastes. There are so many other ultra people I've met in the past year who have surpassed him 5 times over in terms of ultra distance. I think people know about ultras mostly because of him, but he's nothing compared to many other guys in the ultra community who are less flashy.

Ariel484

I love running so I want to run as many races as I can because when December comes around, there really aren't that many races around here. That and I love the whole race/after race experience in different parts of the state. If you do end up doing the half at Akron, they are changing the course a bit. Towards the end of the race where the series of uphills were before heading towards the stadium, I heard they are going to change the route a bit so that there aren't as many hills at the end. (Your welcome. I am always happy to help!)

I have heard of River Run, but I haven't done it yet. I would like to in the near future though. Have you done it?

I haven't done River Run, but the race is only 10 minutes from my house and the course looks pretty flat (mostly with a slight decline actually) so I'm getting more and more interested in trying it out. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll try Akron next year and River Run this year.

I'm actually going to do the McNaughton 500 miler regardless. Good ol' Dean gets a little too gimmicky and showey for my tastes. There are so many other ultra people I've met in the past year who have surpassed him 5 times over in terms of ultra distance. I think people know about ultras mostly because of him, but he's nothing compared to many other guys in the ultra community who are less flashy.

I can see that, especially with gimmicky stuff. I read the book about the 50 marathons/50 days/50 states and thought it was just "meh." Of course it's amazing that he accomplished it (and it's amazing that people do that - and more! - on a regular basis), I just didn't particularly enjoy his writing style due to the gimmicky stuff that you mention.

JillC LI

Thanks. But don't ever follow my running advice or training schedule...you're liable to get hurt or stupid or both :D

You callin' yourself stupid? We all just thought you were crazy! :ROFLOL:

Doctor this am. No tears confirmed, again, by a real sports medicine doctor and not just the family doctor.

Im going to try to get back out there Thursday. Its killing me.

I guess Ill reduce the April 28th Nashville full to a half. Yes, it is 2 months away, but if I started running today I might have a chance to be prepared, but with 3 weeks of sitting due to injury, i dont think it is wise.

I'm glad there are no tears. Bummer about the Nashville Marathon, but luckily you accomplished your sub-4 goal already. There will be other marathons.

I was thinking that 200 was unbelievable, but now I see you're actually doing the 500, with or without our financial support?!?!?! :eek: Wow.

3 miles on the treadmill this morning...nothing noteworthy about it, it was just a really nice way to start the day! :)

Same here, 3.5 on the treadmill this morning. Picked up the pace for the middle 2 miles. Makes me feel less guilty about that little bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs I just ate. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I can see that, especially with gimmicky stuff. I read the book about the 50 marathons/50 days/50 states and thought it was just "meh." Of course it's amazing that he accomplished it (and it's amazing that people do that - and more! - on a regular basis), I just didn't particularly enjoy his writing style due to the gimmicky stuff that you mention.

Read Born to Run and Running On Empty

Some REAL ultra folks I look up to:

Sebastien Chaigneau
Karl Meltzer
Killian Jornet
Geoff Roes
Ann Trason
Josh and John Dennis

to name a few.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You callin' yourself stupid? We all just thought you were crazy! :ROFLOL:

I was thinking that 200 was unbelievable, but now I see you're actually doing the 500, with or without our financial support?!?!?! :eek: Wow.

Yes, yes I am. I do such un-safe training, that I must be both stupid and crazy.

McNaughton 500: I'm registered for the 200 miler, then Joel started with the challenge thing. Blame it on Joel, I know my wife does :D
Go big or go home...
I told Alison I'm switching to the 500 miler because Joel threw out a challenge, and now she wants to slap him upside the head.
At one point, I mentioned I wanted to run the entire shoreline of New Jersey on the sand, and she turned around and walked away. :lol: She does this because she knows I'm dead-serious...

fmingo36

I told Alison I'm switching to the 500 miler because Joel threw out a challenge, and now she wants to slap him upside the head.
At one point, I mentioned I wanted to run the entire shoreline of New Jersey on the sand, and she turned around and walked away. :lol: She does this because she knows I'm dead-serious...

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom