What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X2 Chest/Back/Balance.

I really do not like this workout. It seems that it's packed with moves that are too high intensity for just about anybody. They are so complex that only the most fit will be able to do them, much less do a bunch of reps.

I found myself doing modifications, but quickly getting frustrated, because I didn't feel like I was really with the program through most of it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
P90X2 Chest/Back/Balance.

I really do not like this workout. It seems that it's packed with moves that are too high intensity for just about anybody. They are so complex that only the most fit will be able to do them, much less do a bunch of reps.

I found myself doing modifications, but quickly getting frustrated, because I didn't feel like I was really with the program through most of it.

You will get it. I'm on my 4th week of that workout, and it does get better each time. Hang in there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Doug. I just need to be patient and a 2 week prescription of Celebrex. :D

Other than that, Im not sure there is anything I can do but ice, rest and hope for the best.

Good luck for a speedy recovery Joel! You'll be back going before you know it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good luck for a speedy recovery Joel! You'll be back going before you know it.
Thanks Steve. Maybe my body needed the break. Ive quit questioning it and just need to roll with it.

I hope the time goes by quickly. Nothing like getting back into it during the spring months to only lead into a steamy summer in the south and trying to get back into shape. There is a concept I've read about called positive pessimism. Instead of B about the hard stuff, make it a PP. For example, "Ill be getting back into long running distances by the time Summer rolls around. At least it will be 90 degrees on the average"

:lol:

Ariel484

Wow, what a weekend for running! I heard from friends who set personal records at the Rock and Roll Marathon/Half Marathon in New Orleans, and another wife of a friend who ran her first ever half marathon at Gasparilla in Tampa and finished in 1:50! Such good, fast runners out there!

As for me, I traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas for the Little Rock half marathon. The weather was so perfect that I didn't even know weather could be this good. The race went off at 8 am (late, I thought) under sunny skies (I just knew we were going to roast) but due to temperatures in the high 40s to low 50s and a constant breeze, it felt very comfortable out there.

I didn't set any personal records yesterday but it was a great day to be out running. :wave: 2:24 finish time

Way to go! Did you get your giant bling?

As for me, 40-minute tempo run on Sunday (which I did not enjoy at all) and 30 minutes of speedwork this morning (which I did enjoy!). Have a great day everyone!

MKCP 1985

Way to go! Did you get your giant bling?

As for me, 40-minute tempo run on Sunday (which I did not enjoy at all) and 30 minutes of speedwork this morning (which I did enjoy!). Have a great day everyone!

No GIANT bling as my doctor has limited me to half marathons, and the half marathon finisher medal is not the giant one. :lol: (Oh well . . . )

Here's a photo of the very shiny half marathon medal, which has a spinning disco ball for the zero in 2012. :king:

96968-2367-018f.jpg

Keep up the good training - it will pay off for you, big time!

joel_maxwell

No GIANT bling as my doctor has limited me to half marathons, and the half marathon finisher medal is not the giant one. :lol: (Oh well . . . )

Here's a photo of the very shiny half marathon medal, which has a spinning disco ball for the zero in 2012. :king:

96968-2367-018f.jpg

Nice Doug... love it.

fmingo36

96968-2367-018f.jpg

Way to go Doug! Love the Bling!!!

How was the entertainment on the course? I've only done Disney events so I was wondering if other races are as fun.

fmingo36

A Birthday present from me to me

Since today is my birthday (and my hubbys too!) I gave myself a present...I signed us up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in Sept. :sohappy:

Best Present EVER!!!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Since today is my birthday (and my hubbys too!) I gave myself a present...I signed us up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in Sept. :sohappy:

Best Present EVER!!!

Happy Birthday (again)....which reminds me that I gotta register for that soon. That, and the Tough Mudder fees might bankrupt me this year :)

Anywho....I did P90X2 Plyocide today. Still love it....the moves are getting easier to do, which allows me to push harder.

joel_maxwell

Best Present EVER!!!
WOW. Happy Birthday!

So jealous. I wish I could run it this year too. Maybe next year. Money just isnt there.

enchanted_belle

Best Present EVER!!!

Happy birthday! :sohappy:

And I'm super excited for all of the forum people that are signing up for this race... we're gonna be taking over WDW that weekend. :animwink:

MKCP 1985

Way to go Doug! Love the Bling!!!

How was the entertainment on the course? I've only done Disney events so I was wondering if other races are as fun.

First, Happy birthday!

Thank you - the full marathon medal is really awesome. They were so heavy that people could only hand them out two at a time! But I am happy with my half marathon medal - glad I didn't have to log the extra 13.1 miles on Sunday. :)

Disney's on course entertainment is tops, bar none. That said, Little Rock does a great job. There were several bands playing along the course - the Governor of Arkansas hands out water to runners who go by the Governor's mansion (that's on the full marathon course, so I missed that! :lol: ) and they give you personalized bibs so people call out your name to cheer you on. (My bib doesn't have my name because I switched from the full to the half after the cutoff date for personalized bibs.)

I'm going to keep my eye on that Tower of Terror 10 miler. I'd love to do it, but we are going to have to see how the rest of this year unfolds. :wave:

DisneyRunner

Best Present EVER!!!

I haven't signed up yet, but I do have a one way plane ticket down and a room reservation. On St. Patrick's Day I'm doing a 10K so I have a qualifying time. I have a half marathon time from June 2011, but Disney wants a time after July 2011. The 10K is a hilly 5K course, you run twice. The race is about 15 minutes from my house and the entry fee wasn't outrageous. If I'm not happy with my time, I can look for another local flat course and try again. I don't want to be placed in the last corral, since I have experience. Today, I ran 7.5 miles plus a quarter mile cooldown.

enchanted_belle

I haven't signed up yet, but I do have a one way plane ticket down and a room reservation. On St. Patrick's Day I'm doing a 10K so I have a qualifying time. I have a half marathon time from June 2011, but Disney wants a time after July 2011. The 10K is a hilly 5K course, you run twice. The race is about 15 minutes from my house and the entry fee wasn't outrageous. If I'm not happy with my time, I can look for another local flat course and try again. I don't want to be placed in the last corral, since I have experience. Today, I ran 7.5 miles plus a quarter mile cooldown.

I decided to train for a 10k in June, just so I don't have to be in that last corral as well... I want character time! lol. But sounds like it could be fun for a 10k course, even with it being hilly?

JillC LI

96968-2367-018f.jpg

Nice medal Doug. Congrats on your performance.

Best Present EVER!!!

Yay! What fun!

As for me, 4 miles of speedwork this morning. Increasing intervals distances with decreasing speed.

MKCP 1985

Nice medal Doug. Congrats on your performance.

As for me, 4 miles of speedwork this morning. Increasing intervals distances with decreasing speed.

Thank you! Sounds like you had a rough workout. Didn't you know it is "SuperTuesday?" I take that to mean nothing too strenuous today! :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Nice pic Doug!

Happy Birthday Coryna! (I posted FB, hope you got it).

30 miles this morning at 10:00min pace. Attempting to hold that 10:00 pace during my 100miler so I can snag the Speedster Buckle (Champion-Gold, Speedster Sub 20hrs-Gold, Sub 24hrs-Silver, Finish-Bronze). I know 10min doesn't sound fast, but try running just 50 at that pace...it's hard. A lot of the elite folks are finishing the 100milers in 12, 13, 14, and 15 hours. THAT's fast.

Just re-shaved my head for tomorrow's "scorcher," so another 30 miles, here I come...

Cheers folks :wave:

Ariel484

3 miles this morning at goal race pace...as I'm still not sure what my goal pace should be for the half I am training for I kept it at 10:30/mile :shrug:

enchanted_belle

Took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and went for a run behind my campus... idea was to do 4 minutes running, 1 minute walking but, it took 20 minutes to get 1.2 miles because I had to keep stopping due to asthma suffocating me. :fork: That's top on my list of things I need to break (stupid asthma, you won't defeat me! grr) by Sept!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom