What did you do?

Ariel484

5 miles outside today in 51:33, which I'm pretty pleased with. On a good day 5 miles used to take me 55 minutes, so it's nice to see some improvement. I was a bit over-dressed though...temps were in the high 40s-low 50s and I was dressed like it was in the 30s. I felt super toasty during the last mile!

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

JillC LI

Yes, yes I am. I do such un-safe training, that I must be both stupid and crazy.

McNaughton 500: I'm registered for the 200 miler, then Joel started with the challenge thing. Blame it on Joel, I know my wife does :D
Go big or go home...
I told Alison I'm switching to the 500 miler because Joel threw out a challenge, and now she wants to slap him upside the head. At one point, I mentioned I wanted to run the entire shoreline of New Jersey on the sand, and she turned around and walked away. :lol: She does this because she knows I'm dead-serious...

Uh oh Joel, now you're in trouble with the boss!
So just how far IS the entire shoreline of NJ? Would you have boardwalk/sidewalk the whole way, or would you have to run on sand part of the way? If the latter, that would suck.

5 miles outside today in 51:33, which I'm pretty pleased with. On a good day 5 miles used to take me 55 minutes, so it's nice to see some improvement. I was a bit over-dressed though...temps were in the high 40s-low 50s and I was dressed like it was in the 30s. I felt super toasty during the last mile!

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

Nice job. It's great to see yourself improving, isn't it.

TakeMeThere81

I rested. I'm not sure what's up...shin splints or God-forbid...a hairline fracture in my left Tibia, so I am taking it really easy for a few days...Today was rest day #3. Tomorrow I am going to go out for an easy 3 run/walk, depending on how I feel as I play it by ear. But all in all I am not going to overdo it! (Had to skip my 10-miler today, that sucks!)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I had planned on starting phase 2 of P90X2 when i got back from WDW, but I had a nagging ankle pain that lingered for a few days.

Back on the horse this week. I'm feeling fat from not working out.

fmingo36

Got in an hour with weights, 1/2 hour core class, and a 3.5 miles run in this morning. I would say that a productive way to start the weekend! :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30 this morning.
30 yesterday.

Using new "gels" and recovery mixes, and they are SO much better than my old stuff. I was iffy making such a drastic change before a race, but it's fueling me like crazy.

After my two 100milers, I'm doing a solo 100 up and down the coast of my good home state. The building of my custom self-support trailer (ala Ulrich and Bliss) will begin this summer!

Cheers folks!

enchanted_belle

Today I.... bought new running clothes. :lol:

Took the dogs for a 2 mile walk so far, and now waiting for my running buddy to be done so we can go out and take advantage of the 60 degrees and do my first non-c25k run to see what I can do on my own. So excited to get out there, it's beautiful today!

Texas84

Just got back from vacation in south Texas visiting family in my home town, Harlingen. Took my gear and got in 3 runs, 4, 3 & 3 miles on one of my all-time favorite trails on the Arroyo Colorado. The morning temps were in the low 60's and most of the locals were all bundled up in sweats and hoodies. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I rested. I'm not sure what's up...shin splints or God-forbid...a hairline fracture in my left Tibia, so I am taking it really easy for a few days...Today was rest day #3. Tomorrow I am going to go out for an easy 3 run/walk, depending on how I feel as I play it by ear. But all in all I am not going to overdo it! (Had to skip my 10-miler today, that sucks!)
Hate to hear that. I hate injuries. Especially the kind you arent sure of. Im on day 20.... see below.

I love getting new stuff, but I like it all broken in... so, it gets abused right off the rack. With that said, I do like my shoes to stay clean. Im weird like that.

30 this morning.
30 yesterday.

Using new "gels" and recovery mixes, and they are SO much better than my old stuff. I was iffy making such a drastic change before a race, but it's fueling me like crazy.

After my two 100milers, I'm doing a solo 100 up and down the coast of my good home state. The building of my custom self-support trailer (ala Ulrich and Bliss) will begin this summer!

Cheers folks!
Nice runs Nick.

joel_maxwell

As for me, I went running today for the first time in 20 days. Yall know that something is really ing off the outside of my knee. Supposedly it is a IT band issue, but I have stretched that thing the last 20 days so much, it cant be from the top portion. I think the damage is at the bottom where it attaches to the shin.

Whatever it is, I got to about .5 miles and it started getting warm. Then, the feeling of mile 20 a few weeks back. Very frustrating. It hurt so bad. My knee was buckling.

So, I wait another week. Stretching, icing and strengthening my bum muscles even more.

I think the moral of this lesson in my running life is, at mile 20 I made a decision to get my sub 4 hour regardless of what was going on in my leg. I am paying the price for it now. I could have walked a lot in that last 10K and always plagued myself with thoughts that I should have been tougher, or I could have chosen the path I did and Im still waiting to heal. I cant change any of it, so, Im just getting more fired up inside to come back even stronger. Been doing tons of core work and lower leg work to maintain the best I can.

I think that Nashville is out even for the half. That sucks since the entry fee was $95 and I loved that run last year. Oh well. Thats how is goes when you register 5 months in advance. :D

Ariel484

Nice job. It's great to see yourself improving, isn't it.

It's been great! I've been lurking around here long enough to remember you training for your 5K PR (congrats on that, by the way), and I'm hoping something similar will happen for me!

I read about that on your blog...that SUCKS. :( How did the run/walk go?

Took the dogs for a 2 mile walk so far, and now waiting for my running buddy to be done so we can go out and take advantage of the 60 degrees and do my first non-c25k run to see what I can do on my own. So excited to get out there, it's beautiful today!

Woohoo, new clothes! How was your run?

As for me, I went running today for the first time in 20 days. Yall know that something is really ing off the outside of my knee. Supposedly it is a IT band issue, but I have stretched that thing the last 20 days so much, it cant be from the top portion. I think the damage is at the bottom where it attaches to the shin.

Whatever it is, I got to about .5 miles and it started getting warm. Then, the feeling of mile 20 a few weeks back. Very frustrating. It hurt so bad. My knee was buckling.

So, I wait another week. Stretching, icing and strengthening my bum muscles even more.

I think the moral of this lesson in my running life is, at mile 20 I made a decision to get my sub 4 hour regardless of what was going on in my leg. I am paying the price for it now. I could have walked a lot in that last 10K and always plagued myself with thoughts that I should have been tougher, or I could have chosen the path I did and Im still waiting to heal. I cant change any of it, so, Im just getting more fired up inside to come back even stronger. Been doing tons of core work and lower leg work to maintain the best I can.

I think that Nashville is out even for the half. That sucks since the entry fee was $95 and I loved that run last year. Oh well. Thats how is goes when you register 5 months in advance. :D

Sorry to hear about your injury. Will Nashville let you defer your registration to next year, or is it too late?

IT Band pain is the worst. I had bad issues with it in 2009 - it felt like my knee was crunching and it almost gave out at one point. The only things that help me are rolling with The Stick above the knee, not on my quad but more on the outside of my leg, and wearing Powerstep orthodics. I hope you find your solution soon. :(

joel_maxwell

Sorry to hear about your injury. Will Nashville let you defer your registration to next year, or is it too late?

IT Band pain is the worst. I had bad issues with it in 2009 - it felt like my knee was crunching and it almost gave out at one point. The only things that help me are rolling with The Stick above the knee, not on my quad but more on the outside of my leg, and wearing Powerstep orthodics. I hope you find your solution soon. :(
I looked 2 days after the Mercedes when I could tell this was pretty bad and I didnt see that you could transfer. I recall seeing that you could last year, since that is the only reason I knew that was possible. Ill check again.

I understand that offering this policy would open up a nightmare for registration next year, BUT, with a $95 entry fee, I wish they could do something about offering this. If other races offer this and Nashville doesnt, I probably wont run this event again for this very reason. You just never know when you are going to get an injury... and that is a lot of money.

MKCP 1985

Wow, what a weekend for running! I heard from friends who set personal records at the Rock and Roll Marathon/Half Marathon in New Orleans, and another wife of a friend who ran her first ever half marathon at Gasparilla in Tampa and finished in 1:50! Such good, fast runners out there!

As for me, I traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas for the Little Rock half marathon. The weather was so perfect that I didn't even know weather could be this good. The race went off at 8 am (late, I thought) under sunny skies (I just knew we were going to roast) but due to temperatures in the high 40s to low 50s and a constant breeze, it felt very comfortable out there.

I didn't set any personal records yesterday but it was a great day to be out running. :wave: 2:24 finish time

JillC LI

Hi everyone. Nice to read about everyone's training and racing over the weekend. So sorry to read about your continued pain and suffering, Joel. I think the worst thing about being injured is not knowing precisely when it is going to end - drives ya nuts. S*cks about the marathon fee too.

As for me, 8 miles yesterday morning in lovely weather. Wasn't pushing to go fast, and when I checked the Garmin afterwards, I kept a 9:59 pace. Nice to be just under that 10. LOL.

joel_maxwell

Hi everyone. Nice to read about everyone's training and racing over the weekend. So sorry to read about your continued pain and suffering, Joel. I think the worst thing about being injured is not knowing precisely when it is going to end - drives ya nuts. S*cks about the marathon fee too.

As for me, 8 miles yesterday morning in lovely weather. Wasn't pushing to go fast, and when I checked the Garmin afterwards, I kept a 9:59 pace. Nice to be just under that 10. LOL.
I think it is now tendonitis. My IT bands feel very loose and I have stretched them plenty this past 2 weeks and very well before I ran.

I have read some about tendonitis in the knee and that is the only thing that could explain the symptoms. It makes sense what I did to myself that day. The only troubling thing I read on LIVESTRONG.COM is that it might feel great after 2 weeks off (like I just experienced) but it could be 4-6 weeks before the tendon actually isnt swollen anymore and trying to run on it to soon only delays healing.

It is frustrating. Maybe I needed the break. At least I have plenty to occupy my time. Ill be back soon enough. Maybe I was supposed to give up running for lent. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Wow, what a weekend for running! I heard from friends who set personal records at the Rock and Roll Marathon/Half Marathon in New Orleans, and another wife of a friend who ran her first ever half marathon at Gasparilla in Tampa and finished in 1:50! Such good, fast runners out there!

As for me, I traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas for the Little Rock half marathon. The weather was so perfect that I didn't even know weather could be this good. The race went off at 8 am (late, I thought) under sunny skies (I just knew we were going to roast) but due to temperatures in the high 40s to low 50s and a constant breeze, it felt very comfortable out there.

I didn't set any personal records yesterday but it was a great day to be out running. :wave: 2:24 finish time
Nice job Doug regardless.

Yes, 1:50 is nice for a first half. I think mine was 1:48. Congrats to all our runners this past weekend and nice activity.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks Doug. I just need to be patient and a 2 week prescription of Celebrex. :D

Other than that, Im not sure there is anything I can do but ice, rest and hope for the best.

Hey buddy, so sorry about the knee. This period of rest will make you even hungrier and you'll be stronger than before.

I'll have an extra brew for ya.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ended up logging 150 miles last week. Took Sunday off.

Did a quick 21.75 miler this morning. Tested out the new solar panel that I have rigged up to charge my 305 :D No more batteries! (except for my headlamp).

Planning on a 30 miler on Wednesday and a 50 miler on Friday.

Cheers folks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom