What did you do?

scorp111

This morning I just did some full-body cardio work..

Thanks for the kind words guys.. I really am very excited about my progress so far... tomorrow morning will be some intervals mixed in with a bit of weight training...

I plan to continue running and working out while at Disney.. I assume there is some place I can run near the Contemporary??? I know that I can always use the treadmill.. but I'm hoping for some place outside.. any suggestions??

A couple of ideas from the internet, either straight from the Contemporary or monorail to the Poly/Grand Floridian and run between them:

Contemporary Resort Hotel

The best choice for guests staying at the Contemporary is to head toward the Magic Kingdom. Once you reach the main entrance to the park, stay on the brick walkway, going past the boat launches to the resorts and to the left of the monorail station. The course continues for a short distance along the Seven Seas Lagoon until it ends at a small canal. This is a very flat course, about 1.5 miles long, and one that is heavily traveled between the hotel and the Magic Kingdom. It is particularly crowded during the hour leading up to park opening and on until lunchtime. It is also completely unshaded, and is best suited for early morning runs, or runs later in the evening.

Polynesian Resort

Another of the original resorts at WDW, the Polynesian offers a running course throughout its lush grounds. A jogging map can be obtained at the front desk as you check in.

About a third of the path passes along the Seven Seas Lagoon, before essentially outlining the resort grounds. This is a very pleasant path, particularly in the morning. The path offers little shade, despite the wealth of tropical vegetation along the way. The course is somewhat winding, and therefore requires runners to exercise caution to avoid collisions with others.

For those who wish to add on some distance, the path can be extended by continuing past the Tahiti building towards the Transportation and Ticket Center. But the most pleasant choice would be to continue on past the Fiji and Aotearoa buildings, following the signs directing you to the Spa. The brick path will lead you beside the shore of the Seven Seas Lagoon, where you can hear the small waves lapping at the white sand beach. The path turns to sidewalk as it continues past the Wedding Chapel, eventually reaching the theme swimming pool at the Grand Floridian. This relatively wide path provides excellent visibility ahead of you, making this a true treasure of a run. The lack of shade makes this a better choice for cooler periods, however.

Grand Floridian Resort

The Grand Floridian sets the standard for elegance at WDW. For guests wishing to run, the path which runs along the Seven Seas Lagoon offers the best opportunity. Runners can join the path easily from Buildings 5, 7, 8 or 9, but it is quite convenient from anywhere on the resort. The path is unshaded, but offers a lovely view of the resort. As described in the section on the Polynesian Resort, more adventurous runners can take the walkway past the Wedding Chapel on to the Polynesian Resort (or even on to the TTC!). The paths are wide and have an easy view of what is in front of you, as well as a view of the lagoon, the Magic Kingdom, and the other monorail resorts.

Coach81

About to hit the gym for about an hour of lifting and cardio.. then later today headed to Disney.. looking forward to running a bit while there...

Thanks everyone.. have a great week!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I had to stretch all day long.
I am planning to take a leave too.
4 Miles per the schedule. Interestingly, my times are about 10 seconds more per mile with the 305. I dont think mapmyrun is incorrect like I previously stated, I just think when you map something on a satellite like that, most of the time you map the middle of the street and when you run that same route, you would run on one side or the other. Over the distance of each mile, I can see where you would shave off up to 1/10th of a mile not going out to the center of an intersection to take a right or left for example.

I just found that interesting.

fractal

Back in the saddle!

My winter of discontent has ended. I stopped jogging ( I can't call what I do running ) in November. Between crapy weather and a super busy schedule I unfortunately put things on the back-burner.

I had a major "overhaul" in my business in December and the last three months have been the busiest I've ever had. Add in the Holidays, SuperBowl and other festivities and it all equales to a larger and softer midsection and a move to the "fat suits" in the back of my closet.

Well - I joined the local "Y" and have been hitting the treadmill over the last two weeks. First time back was tough. Last night was much better - got in 4 miles. Although, either the treadmill is WAY off in its calibration or I've gotten a lot slower.

I can't wait for a break in the weather to hit my favorite path which right now is still icy and muddy.

I also can't wait for my newly scheduled WDW trip in August and jogging the BeachClub/Swan-Dolphin/Boardwalk loop!

scorp111

4 Miles per the schedule. Interestingly, my times are about 10 seconds more per mile with the 305. I dont think mapmyrun is incorrect like I previously stated, I just think when you map something on a satellite like that, most of the time you map the middle of the street and when you run that same route, you would run on one side or the other. Over the distance of each mile, I can see where you would shave off up to 1/10th of a mile not going out to the center of an intersection to take a right or left for example.

I just found that interesting.

I agree, but that is what I like about running the 305, you can literally run anywhere, sidewalk or not, cross here or there, etc, and still know what you are doing, at least to a pretty accurate degree. And during races, you learn to run the tangents a lot better to keep your extra distance down when you can. No use in missing a goal, just because you ran further than you had to!! My half, I ran 13.25 miles, so not too bad.

Rest day today, and a 7 and a 3 this weekend, not sure which order I am doing them in yet.

scorp111

7 miles on a beautiful Saturday @9:35 pace

No complaints, all miles under 10 and the last one just under 9. The last mile is the only I really pushed obviously.
Splits:
1 00:09:36
2 00:09:28
3 00:09:44
4 00:09:45
5 00:09:54
6 00:09:39
7 00:08:59

Off to FSU women's softball this afternoon.

joel_maxwell

15 Miles this am. 8:35 pace with 957 feet of elevation gained. I would say I conquered the hills today. You can see in my splits the miles that had the hills. I think i might be a hint sore in the am.

1 0:08:16
2 0:07:57
3 0:08:10
4 0:08:35
5 0:08:33
6 0:09:01
7 0:08:27
8 0:09:18
9 0:08:42
10 0:08:10
11 0:08:25
12 0:08:35
13 0:09:09
14 0:08:33
15 0:08:24
16 0:00:10
Summary 2:08:25

scorp111

15 Miles this am. 8:35 pace with 957 feet of elevation gained. I would say I conquered the hills today. You can see in my splits the miles that had the hills. I think i might be a hint sore in the am.

1 0:08:16
2 0:07:57
3 0:08:10
4 0:08:35
5 0:08:33
6 0:09:01
7 0:08:27
8 0:09:18
9 0:08:42
10 0:08:10
11 0:08:25
12 0:08:35
13 0:09:09
14 0:08:33
15 0:08:24
16 0:00:10
Summary 2:08:25

Great 15 Joel!

joel_maxwell

Great 15 Joel!
Thanks. I thought I was in trouble since the first 4-5 miles my legs were already fatigued. I have had a really hard week at work and getting in bed an hour late every night has caught up with me. Normally, my first 3-4 miles would have been around 7:45... but I was just looking to finish.

fractal

Got in 4 miles this morning outside. We hit 60 degrees today here in SE PA!

Jogging on my favorite gravel trail along the river I saw the signs of a tough winter - broken branches, the trail beat up by the snow freezing and melting,
and marker signs slightly more faded. The warmer weather, birds chirping and the number of other people on the trail however, was a definite sign that better days are on there way.

I can't wait.

Phonedave

Thanks. I thought I was in trouble since the first 4-5 miles my legs were already fatigued. I have had a really hard week at work and getting in bed an hour late every night has caught up with me. Normally, my first 3-4 miles would have been around 7:45... but I was just looking to finish.

That was still a great 15.

Weather was great here, but I had the same kind of week you did. I came home last night and crashed.

I got in about 2.5 miles today. Just didn't have the desire in me. But holy freaking wind today. Interesting run. Hot in the sun, cold in the wind, easy when the wind is at your back, horrible running into the wind. whitecaps on the river in the sunny areas, still frozen in the coves. All kinds of crazy.

-dave

scorp111

5K in 27:36 this morning.....

I Was trying to beat my fastest outdoor 5K time, but missed by 30 seconds.
A hill at the start of mile 3 had me struggling, and it took a stronger closing half mile to even get this close. Oh well. Maybe next time

Splits

1 00:08:38
2 00:08:59
3 00:09:07
4 00:00:52

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days.

72.42 miles this week.

I will get in 17-20 miles tomorrow morning.

Joel-I see some really nice runs from you; keep up the good work.

12 days until the NJ ultramarathon...

joel_maxwell

That was still a great 15.

Weather was great here, but I had the same kind of week you did. I came home last night and crashed.

I got in about 2.5 miles today. Just didn't have the desire in me. But holy freaking wind today. Interesting run. Hot in the sun, cold in the wind, easy when the wind is at your back, horrible running into the wind. whitecaps on the river in the sunny areas, still frozen in the coves. All kinds of crazy.

-dave
I agree Dave. Im definitely happy with it. Just more proud that I fought through the first 4 with fatigued legs and that I didnt shut it down at 14 like my body wanted. Those are better moments of victory than fast paces to me.

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days.

72.42 miles this week.

I will get in 17-20 miles tomorrow morning.

Joel-I see some really nice runs from you; keep up the good work.

12 days until the NJ ultramarathon...
Just glad to be running again with no pain from the previous injury. I dont even think about it anymore. :D

Looks like everyone is having some great runs. Keep up the work everyone. :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I ran with my wife, as she hit her goal of 5k 2 months early.

Now she's already talking about doing the distance faster.....she's hooked :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom