What did you do?

JillC LI

I'm baaack. Miss me? Had an amazing time at WDW followed by a family gathering in Miami. Ate too much and ran too little (well, to be precise, I ran nothing at all and took the week off since we were in the parks from opening until closing every day and took advantage of EMH at both ends), but I'm really looking forward to squeezing in 4 miles on the treadmill after work tonight to burn off all those Disney delicacies. Probably will be a rather slow run since our flight home was delayed hours due to the NY weather, and I didn't get to bed until 3am last night! :snore:

JillC LI

4 easy miles. Feels good to be back in the saddle again after a week off. Plus being on the treadmill gives me an excuse to catch up on all the tv shows I recorded while I was away. :D

Nick - isn't your big race this weekend? If so, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
4 easy miles. Feels good to be back in the saddle again after a week off. Plus being on the treadmill gives me an excuse to catch up on all the tv shows I recorded while I was away. :D

Nick - isn't your big race this weekend? If so, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Next weekend Jill, the 19th. My nerves are starting up already. I have been getting pre-race emials from the race director on updates, and such, and it's starting to set in that I'm actually doing this. I fully expect to come in last place, but I will finish even if I'm dragging myself with my elbows across the finish.

A little over 10 mi yesterday, 11.10 the day before.

Cheers.

fmingo36

Next weekend Jill, the 19th. My nerves are starting up already. I have been getting pre-race emials from the race director on updates, and such, and it's starting to set in that I'm actually doing this. I fully expect to come in last place, but I will finish even if I'm dragging myself with my elbows across the finish.

Cheers.

Nick,
Last place??? I think you are going to surprise yourself. You are so ready for this!

JillC LI

QUOTE]

First place or last place, you will be the proud finisher of something that very few people on earth can accomplish.

Phonedave

Cheers.

I can't see you comming in last. Not with the work you have put in. I looked at some of the past finish times for that race. I think you will do just fine.

I am going to try and stop by. I don't know what good that will do, as you will be out running by the time I get there, and its 13 miles or so between the viewing area, but I will try to get there anyway.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I can't see you comming in last. Not with the work you have put in. I looked at some of the past finish times for that race. I think you will do just fine.

I am going to try and stop by. I don't know what good that will do, as you will be out running by the time I get there, and its 13 miles or so between the viewing area, but I will try to get there anyway.

-dave

Thanks for all of the support Dave. I will PM you later with my contact info, etc... if you want to exchange.

scorp111

Back to back 3 mile days on the hotel treadmill. Travel has messed me up this week. Hope to get a couple of outdoor runs in this weekend here in Nashville.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

-dave
That is really cool dave. Glad someone can go and represent wdwmagic running forum and support Nick.

I have been absent for a few days. Feels like a week. Storm blew over a tree, which took out the power line, which cut a power pole in half, which ripped my breaker box off my house, which arced and blew that up in the rain water, which sent the charge down the ground wire to the antique way of grounding such to the water pipe, which sent that charge down my water pipe to the water main, which blew out the water main at the end of my driveway, which flooded the street for 2 days before water works could get out to the house.

Needless to say, I skipped my Wednesday long run since I was up at 3:30 am that day. I moved it to last night and skipped my 4 miles. Last night, 8 miles, 1:07:09 a 8:15 pace.

I mapped out Nashville 26.2 and it seems there is only 500 feet of elevation change. People keep talking about how hilly it was.I think that Im ok since last night over 8 miles, I had 800 feet of elevation change and last weekend, I had almost 1000 over 15 miles. Nashville 26.2.... bring it!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh, thought id share even though it is a running forum.... if affected my running, so it is related. :D

photo.JPG

MCC1

That is really cool dave. Glad someone can go and represent wdwmagic running forum and support Nick.

I have been absent for a few days. Feels like a week. Storm blew over a tree, which took out the power line, which cut a power pole in half, which ripped my breaker box off my house, which arced and blew that up in the rain water, which sent the charge down the ground wire to the antique way of grounding such to the water pipe, which sent that charge down my water pipe to the water main, which blew out the water main at the end of my driveway, which flooded the street for 2 days before water works could get out to the house.

Needless to say, I skipped my Wednesday long run since I was up at 3:30 am that day. I moved it to last night and skipped my 4 miles. Last night, 8 miles, 1:07:09 a 8:15 pace.

I mapped out Nashville 26.2 and it seems there is only 500 feet of elevation change. People keep talking about how hilly it was.I think that Im ok since last night over 8 miles, I had 800 feet of elevation change and last weekend, I had almost 1000 over 15 miles. Nashville 26.2.... bring it!

Well this is the 'what did you do' today thread...that's a scary chain of events:eek:! Welcome back to the 21st century where we have electricity, running water...and this interweb thingy...

Texas84

3 miles today. I'm trying to get my speed up and I was a bit faster but my ankles are killing me. Have a 10K the 26th then I'll probably start training for the F&W half. No way I could do it right now. :(

scorp111

Added a 5K tonight here outdoors on a greenway just as the sun went down. Very nice, and hillier than Florida. I had about 200 feet in gain in 3.1 miles, last week I had just under that for 7 in Tally :lol:

5K @9:12 pace tonight, which is definitely faster than I have been on the TM the last two days.

Planning on 8 tomorrow on a different greenway.

Phonedave

Morristown NJ St. Patty's Day 5K

My Garmin says 29:52. I think gun time was around 30:15. Once again, I start in the back of the field. But this time I tried. I put myself near what I thought was the front. Turns out the race went the other direction. I started in the freaking back again. I really need to stop doing that.

It turns out that the City of Newark has postponed the Distance Classic. They really did not make that well known. It's a good thing I found out, or else I would have been down there tomorrow morning trying to register.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom