What did you do?

bellissimo

Per the Galloway plan, 12.5 miles...on a treadmill. :hurl:

On a treadmill?! You have my respect.. The longest I've gone on a treadmill was 5 miles, and I was nearly pulling my hair out.

I had a track meet today: I ran the 4x800 relay (.5) and the 3200 (2 miles). I did the 800 in 2:43, which was okay, I guess, and the 3200 in 13:05. Plus a mile warm up and lots of stretching.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22.10 miles this morning. Not the 30 miler I was planning on because Saturday "To Do" lists exist. I suppose I will have to rise and shine by 3:30 or 4 am the latest next time.

49 days until my ultra :eek:

Ariel484

On a treadmill?! You have my respect.. The longest I've gone on a treadmill was 5 miles, and I was nearly pulling my hair out.

I had a track meet today: I ran the 4x800 relay (.5) and the 3200 (2 miles). I did the 800 in 2:43, which was okay, I guess, and the 3200 in 13:05. Plus a mile warm up and lots of stretching.

I just didn't feel like facing the cold today I guess...:shrug: But it wasn't fun...

Nice job at your meet! Those times are great!

Texas84

7.5 this morning. Beautiful day, about 45F and sunny. Was about 60F when I finished. I finally gave in and got the goofy hydration belt and it is worth it!

You're more dedicated than I, Ariel. No way would I do more than 3 miles on a treadmill. I hate those things and I know mine is not calibrated. :)

Ariel484

7.5 this morning. Beautiful day, about 45F and sunny. Was about 60F when I finished. I finally gave in and got the goofy hydration belt and it is worth it!

You're more dedicated than I, Ariel. No way would I do more than 3 miles on a treadmill. I hate those things and I know mine is not calibrated. :)

Well, I don't think it will happen again :ROFLOL:

I just invested in a nice hydration belt too...I agree with you that it is totally worth it!

Andrew54

Ran my first 10k yesterday. It felt really good to get over that milestone, I feel as thought I had more distance left in me. Im training to get in a Disney Half someday.

scorp111

6 miles tonight at (slightly under) planned race pace for my first half next Sunday @10:09

My plan is not be under 10:00 or over 11:00 for any of the first 8-9 miles and then see what I have left at that point.

scorp111

7.5 this morning. Beautiful day, about 45F and sunny. Was about 60F when I finished. I finally gave in and got the goofy hydration belt and it is worth it!You're more dedicated than I, Ariel. No way would I do more than 3 miles on a treadmill. I hate those things and I know mine is not calibrated. :)

Love my Fuel Belt Helium- and it isnt even summer yet
:)

dreamfinder

Did 10.5 at Boston qualifying pace Saturday, and 13.1 at my normal half pace Sunday. Both indoor at the gym..... I pity the poor people on the treadmills next to me.

fmingo36

Just finished my first run since the marathon 3 weeks ago.
4.5 miles in 45 minutes but my knee really started to hurt around 2.5 miles. Little disappointed that I still had so much pain. I thought resting it for as long as I did would give it some time to heal...looks like I'll be keeping my runs short a bit longer. :(

scorp111

4 miles today, First two miles near race pace for the half, 2nd two a bit faster. Tapering this week, and I read that you should taper distance, but speed is still good.

Splits:
Mile 1 10:00
Mile 2 09:48
Mile 3 08:58
Mile 4 08:41

scorp111

‎1 00:09:22
2 00:08:54
3 00:08:28
One mile to warm-up, and then picked up the tempo for miles 2 & 3. Just keeping my legs/lungs under me, with only 4 days before my first half-marathon on Sunday. Just one more short run to go this week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
200 meters. There is still a small, minuscule spot that seems to still be irritated. Another week off and rest.

Im out for even the Mercedes half. I think I might volunteer instead.

JillC LI

200 meters. There is still a small, minuscule spot that seems to still be irritated. Another week off and rest.

Im out for even the Mercedes half. I think I might volunteer instead.

Ugh, still suffering huh. Well it's a cool idea to volunteer at the race though.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ugh, still suffering huh. Well it's a cool idea to volunteer at the race though.
Somebody has to do it. :D It will also put a fire in my gut.

Lesson learned Jill. If I would have taken off 2 weeks initially when I first injured it, Id probably be running last week. I could probably run on it fine, but i dont want to make it flare back up and be at square 1.... again.

*be smart joel, be smart*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom