What did you do?

scorp111

3.1 miles at 9:12 pace for a 28:36 5K.
A quick Last practice 5K before the real thing Saturday AM. With a goal of sub 30:00 5K, I will obviously be bothered if I miss at this point.

AUPr8Hd

Scheduled called for 2 this evening. Legs felt good and decided to run 3. Last run until another Half marathon on Sunday (Callaway Gardens)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.51 miles yesterday.
Ultra training continues with a night run tonight with my new Petzl MYO headlamp! 10+ miles.
30 miler tomorrow morning.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Walked 3 miles last night. I figure if I cant run them, i want to at least walk them to keep my legs going. I have conceded the Full possibility and concentrating on Nashville. Ill go ahead and run the Mercedes Half, but Im not promising a competetive time. I wish I could try for a PR since I know the course so well but I dont think that is smart.

I think my decision will satisfy Jill. :p

I purchased a foam roller to really work on my lower limbs and there recovery and flexibility. The PT said my leg muscles were rigid tight. Might have contributed to my injury.

Anyway, happy running guys. Ill be back running my routes instead of walking them very soon.

JillC LI

Walked 3 miles last night. I figure if I cant run them, i want to at least walk them to keep my legs going. I have conceded the Full possibility and concentrating on Nashville. Ill go ahead and run the Mercedes Half, but Im not promising a competetive time. I wish I could try for a PR since I know the course so well but I dont think that is smart.

I think my decision will satisfy Jill. :p

Darnit Joel, I'd be satisfied if you weren't injured and could run your Full after all your hard work. But I think you've made the smart decision. Let yourself heal (heel - teeheehee) a little more and then ramp up for Nashville. You'll do great there!

As for me, I've been a big baby lately doing all my runs on the treadmill because of all this snow and ice. Another 16" yesterday even though only 5-8" were predicted. Might go skiing tomorrow for the first time in 20 years though.

joel_maxwell

Darnit Joel, I'd be satisfied if you weren't injured and could run your Full after all your hard work. But I think you've made the smart decision. Let yourself heal (heel - teeheehee) a little more and then ramp up for Nashville. You'll do great there!

As for me, I've been a big baby lately doing all my runs on the treadmill because of all this snow and ice. Another 16" yesterday even though only 5-8" were predicted. Might go skiing tomorrow for the first time in 20 years though.
Oh I know Jill. I just hope that Im ready to go by February 13th and the half. The inside and back of my heel are great, the outside is just being pesky and NOT healing up.

I guess the longer this goes, means the harder Ill have to work and doing some addition speed work to get my threshold back up. I long for the days again when I could just cruise on any given day a 10 mile run. I know it has been only 2 weeks, but that is a lifetime it feels like. :lol:

I think 16" of snow is an exceptable excuse to take it to the treadmill. I wont be running in snow anytime soon. Be careful skiing. Those knees scare me to get injured.

Wilt Dasney

Ran a mile, walked a mile last night. Plan on walking 2 today. Hopefully I can get back in a rhythm of at least getting out and moving every day, and throw in some light jogging 3 or 4 times a week.

With the DL Half 7 months off, I'm having serious motivation issues...but I'm not giving myself the "I just ran a marathon" crutch anymore. That was almost 3 weeks ago! Time to move on. I also need some new running shoes. My trusty Saucony's got me through a 5K, a 10K, and a marathon, but they probably need to be retired soon.

Joel, I talked to a local guy yesterday who's doing the Nashville marathon. :D

JillC LI

Ran a mile, walked a mile last night. Plan on walking 2 today. Hopefully I can get back in a rhythm of at least getting out and moving every day, and throw in some light jogging 3 or 4 times a week.

:D

Just get out as often as you can both time-wise and emotion-wise. If you try to overburden yourself with expectations it will become something you want to avoid instead of something you can look forward to. You don't have to run as hard or as often as when you were in training for the marathon. Remember what it was you liked about running, and do it as often as you derive pleasure from it.

joel_maxwell

With the DL Half 7 months off, I'm having serious motivation issues...but I'm not giving myself the "I just ran a marathon" crutch anymore. That was almost 3 weeks ago! Time to move on. I also need some new running shoes. My trusty Saucony's got me through a 5K, a 10K, and a marathon, but they probably need to be retired soon.

Joel, I talked to a local guy yesterday who's doing the Nashville marathon. :D
Me and that person will be joined by more that 30,000 other people. :D

scorp111

Me and that person will be joined by more that 30,000 other people. :D

And I should have moved there by then, and will probably go watch.... or sign up for the half :lookaroun

And I did nothing today. Ate a little cake. It is my son's 5th birthday Sunday, so the wife was working on his cake. Carb loading for a 5k?

Wilt Dasney

Just get out as often as you can both time-wise and emotion-wise. If you try to overburden yourself with expectations it will become something you want to avoid instead of something you can look forward to. You don't have to run as hard or as often as when you were in training for the marathon. Remember what it was you liked about running, and do it as often as you derive pleasure from it.
Thanks for all the encouragement and advice, Jill. It is greatly appreciated.

Ended up doing a 1.5 run/.5 walk (roughly) mix today. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Hope you're feeling better Joel!

Ran just a few miles last night in the dark with my new headlamp, while it was snowing of course. Testing out the features and making sure I can replace the batteries blind, if it should happen during my race.

Long run this morning; 30 miler.

Cheers.

anc33

Just did a local 15K race this morning. Great weather, sunny and in the 40s at the start. I don't know how I did it, but I took one min/mi off my previous best race pace. I maybe could have done better but my LCL injury from the Disney half reared its ugly head a mile 7. Still, I'm happy with my time.

scorp111

Just did a local 15K race this morning. Great weather, sunny and in the 40s at the start. I don't know how I did it, but I took one min/mi off my previous best race pace. I maybe could have done better but my LCL injury from the Disney half reared its ugly head a mile 7. Still, I'm happy with my time.

A min/mi is huge! Great job!

I ran a 5K this morning, and my goal was to be sub 30, well it went well.I went out way too fast - Everyone is right, the adrenaline just blew me away, and struggled a bit during the 2nd-3rd mile, but I am thrilled with the time. It is a new PR by many minutes in my first official 5K since October, which was the month I really started to run.

Splits:
1 00:07:54 1.00
2 00:09:01 1.00
3 00:09:19 1.00
4 00:00:55 0.10

I then ran the 1.9 miles home as a cool down too.

I guess Sub 26:00 is my next goal for a 5K, but I don't have one planned yet. Next up is my first half Marathon next Sunday, where I cannot afford to make the same mistake with my early pace!

anc33

A min/mi is huge! Great job!

Sounds huge until you realize I was running in the 13:40/mi range. That being said, when I started out 8 months ago I was at 17:30/miles and thought that I would never be able to finish a 15K, let alone in 1:58:XX. Now, your 5K time is fantastic, great job on the PR!

Erin_Akey

Three miles before work this morning. I was pretty excited to get that in with everything gong on in our house today! HOPING we can squeeze in a 5 miler tomorrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom