What did you do?

JillC LI

Somebody has to do it. :D It will also put a fire in my gut.

Lesson learned Jill. If I would have taken off 2 weeks initially when I first injured it, Id probably be running last week. I could probably run on it fine, but i dont want to make it flare back up and be at square 1.... again.

*be smart joel, be smart*

Nah, hindsight is always 20/20, and who knows what might have been. All you can do is move forward.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife and I both came down with a nasty cold...add to the blizzard this week, and we've been out of the gym all week. Hope to get healthy and running again soon.

The good news is that my new shoes have arrived. Just have to go get them.

MCC1

Hour on the Total Gym this morning...and more snow expected for tomorrow...this has gotta stop, only 13 in for the week...glad I'm just running for fun at Princess to take pics of the wife & friends...but planned on hammering the 5k day before, now that'll be shameful.:confused:

Texas84

More treadmill. This rain is driving me crazy. Guess I should be happy it ain't snow and ice. Looks like I can get back outside Sunday.

Phonedave

Starting P90X again.

Forgot just how good that program is. That is until I got in the shower and went to wash my hair and realized I could not lift my arms above my head. :)

Weekends are for running. I can't see the ice patches in the dark. It's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. Bleah.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Starting P90X again.

Forgot just how good that program is. That is until I got in the shower and went to wash my hair and realized I could not lift my arms above my head. :)

Weekends are for running. I can't see the ice patches in the dark. It's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. Bleah.

-dave
Love P90X. I think I might do it again this summer when we have a newborn in the house and I cant justify going on long runs. I think Ill repeat the program like I did when Isabeau was born in 08. I know the feeling dave. 1-2 weeks of pure soreness like nothing else.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yeah, I was thinking about doing P90X during the mornings, then running after work at night...figure that would give me the best of both worlds. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
23.13 miles this morning. My mental focus seems to be faultering much more easily and it is frustrating. My body says yes, but my head says...loser.

Didn't run yesterday because I had some bad scallops the night before that, and I was sick all night. No energy, stomach was a mess, and I had to teach a class as well.

10+ miles every day before that incident though.

Cheers everyone. 42 days until my ultramarathon.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yeah, I was thinking about doing P90X during the mornings, then running after work at night...figure that would give me the best of both worlds. :)
You will be ripped. :D

23.13 miles this morning. My mental focus seems to be faultering much more easily and it is frustrating. My body says yes, but my head says...loser.

Didn't run yesterday because I had some bad scallops the night before that, and I was sick all night. No energy, stomach was a mess, and I had to teach a class as well.

You know I mean this in the best, most encouraging way as a friend on these boards, so, SUCK it up Nick! 42 days left of training to only compete in the elite of races. There is no time for calling yourself a loser or beating yourself up.

Now, you get out there, focus and kick some butt. If your mind wonders, count to 5, and zone back in.

:wave:

Phonedave

I am continuing to run while doing P90X

I am skipping the legs portion and the Plyo portion. I can't really do the Plyo anyway. I am on the second floor. The people in the unit below me do not enjoy an hour of "jump training"

-dave

Phonedave

You know as well as anyone that mental is just as important as physical, especially with the kind of race you are going to run.

So, OK, you had your little break. Rest time is over. Get back out there. I really don't feel like driving 2 hours to come smack you around, so you better get running :D

On a serious note, how are the conditions by you. I was running this morning. The rain, fog, snow, cold, etc was all OK. In fact at times it was pretty cool. But the ice all over the place is just crazy. Every 1,000 feet or so I would have to slow down to pick myself past a section without slipping. Really messed up any sort of concentration.

-dave

scorp111

Sharing my post from FB and DM this morning:

4 Months ago to this very day, I ran 3 miles in 39 minutes and 15 seconds in my first run. And when I say, first run, I meant first run with any idea that I was going to really transform who I was and what I did for my health and my recreation. I had “run” a single 5K in each of the preceding years with my 5 year-old and then 6 year-old daughter. We finished in 48 minutes and then 41 minutes to give you an idea of the pace. I had run the occasional mile or mile and a half, but probably averaged less than 25 miles per YEAR over the previous two years and even less before that in my adult life. Not that I was much of a runner in my youth either, aside from mandatory running for baseball & football.
But that day, 10.06.10 has transformed me. I ran 57 miles in October, 64 in November, 74 in December and decided the week before Christmas that I was ready to really train for a specific event, and completed 101 miles in January. So today 2.06.11, 307 training miles later and on the day of one of the biggest sporting events of the year: I will start, compete, and finish maybe the biggest sporting event of my adult life, my first half-marathon. I would not be doing this without the support of my family, my friends that run/ran DISNEY which gave me the initiative to start and the tremendous support I have received here on dailymile. Thank you all, for being a part of it!
My battles are not over, as I still have plenty of weight to lose, and plenty of speed and endurance to gain. I plan on at least 2 more half-marathons this year, and think my first full will occur on 12.3.11 at the Memphis St. Jude’s Marathon.
To quote a friend from dailymile:
“Someday I will not be able to run. TODAY is not that day”

Dave, Joel, Nick, Scott, BJ, Brad, Erin, and everyone else... thanks for being the push to get me started........and my first community for running. (and introduced me to my 2nd - DM)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Hey scorp, that is fantastic. Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for being a part of such a great support system as well. You have inspired me now to share my story, because I think we all have our own demons. I'll share mine in a nutshell just as soon as I reply to Dave...and try to avoid being smacked around!
Cheers scorp!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You know as well as anyone that mental is just as important as physical, especially with the kind of race you are going to run.

So, OK, you had your little break. Rest time is over. Get back out there. I really don't feel like driving 2 hours to come smack you around, so you better get running :D

On a serious note, how are the conditions by you. I was running this morning. The rain, fog, snow, cold, etc was all OK. In fact at times it was pretty cool. But the ice all over the place is just crazy. Every 1,000 feet or so I would have to slow down to pick myself past a section without slipping. Really messed up any sort of concentration.

-dave

Thanks for the support Dave! I dont think I need any smackin' around, just screwing my head on straight. If I faulter though, I give you permission to give me a swift kick in the a--!
Conditions by me are good right now. Some fog and mist yesterday. Temp has been actually a little warm for my liking! Of course the snow I can do without. I hear north NJ sucks. My wife has worked from home so many days this year because of the bad conditions she would have to drive through up there.

scorp111

Thanks everyone and I would love to hear your story Nick.

Went out too fast (again), so I really struggled from mile 8 onwards ( it was probably very beneficial that the course was flat!), but I am really very very pleased with my overall time and pace. My 12 mile training run a couple of weeks ago was 2:15.

I enjoyed the first half, and it became less fun when I was struggling, but this will not be my only half :)

2:07:59 (on my Garmin, will have to see what the chip time is from the race) for 13.25 (9:39 pace)

Splits:
1 00:09:03
2 00:08:58
3 00:09:07
4 00:09:19
5 00:09:25
6 00:09:18
7 00:09:25
8 00:09:36
9 00:09:53
10 00:10:06
11 00:10:11
12 00:10:40
13 00:10:29
14 00:02:23

Texas84

8.6 miles this AM. My legs were not thrilled but my time was OK. My weight loss since last February is now 22 pounds. So this should get easier, right? Still thinking about the F&W half.

scorp111

8.6 miles this AM. My legs were not thrilled but my time was OK. My weight loss since last February is now 22 pounds. So this should get easier, right? Still thinking about the F&W half.

Great job on the weight loss!

I am thinking that will help me a ton as well.

scorp111

4 miles at 9:51 pace on the treadmill this morning as a recovery run...

Not the easiest run I have had, that is for sure.

Down another lb this week which is around 6 for the year, 10 since October, 30 since last March, and at least another 25 to go.

Kristia

Finally ran for the first time since the marathon! I have seriously been slacking due to weather and other commitments. Sunday was nice and a balmy 45 degrees. Perfect for running! Did a slow 3 miler, pace 11:58. I don't have any long races till fall (maybe a 1/2 marathon) so I think I will try to increase my pace for 5k in the next few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom