What did you do?

MKCP 1985

Drove an hour to run a 5 mile race sponsored by my son's college service organization.

My goal was to finish in 50 minutes because I have been running a slower pace lately.

Actual finish time was 46:53. Thrilled with that result - a PR for that distance. :D

fmingo36

Drove an hour to run a 5 mile race sponsored by my son's college service organization.

My goal was to finish in 50 minutes because I have been running a slower pace lately.

Actual finish time was 46:53. Thrilled with that result - a PR for that distance. :D

Congrats! :sohappy:

fmingo36

thank you so much! Today was my first time back out since Marathon weekend, and the Disney Marathon race shirt came in handy on a cold morning! :)

I haven't run since the marathon either. I've been doing a lot of crossing training but no running (giving my knee a bit of a rest) but today I was itching for a run, unfortunately it's 20 degrees in NJ today so guess I won't be running today either.

Erin_Akey

Congrats on your personal best! I ran today in 35 degree weather which is REALLY tough for this Southern Belle!

But I did 3.1 miles and my pace was a 14:23. For me that is pretty good. My goal is to get under a 13:00 by the Wine and Dine.

March will mark my one year anniversary of running too!

20 degrees in NJ?? I do NOT know how you guys run in the cold all the time. My lungs just have a VERY hard time. Now 90 degrees I can do, but under 50 and my lungs protest!

Phonedave

I haven't run since the marathon either. I've been doing a lot of crossing training but no running (giving my knee a bit of a rest) but today I was itching for a run, unfortunately it's 20 degrees in NJ today so guess I won't be running today either.

I am in the same situation.

Now I have a plan.

Take the temperature in Fahrenheit, divide it by ten, and thats how many miles I run.

It looks like I will be doing around 2.7 miles tomorrow morning :)

-dave

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Now I have a plan.

Take the temperature in Fahrenheit, divide it by ten, and thats how many miles I run.

-dave

Well its negative 6 degrees here right now...so I just banked distance for future runs....

fmingo36

Now I have a plan.

-dave

I haven't been running but I've been spending at least 1/2 hour each day on my eliptical. Gotta keep my legs moving somehow.
I am not signed up for any running event in the near future but I don't want to have to start from square one once I do.

Texas84

Was not looking forward to this morning's run. 27 F when I started. But it was another beautiful sunny morning with no wind. Put on the old USAF sweats, gloves, and three running shirts for an easy 6 miles. Sure is fun to be able to say "Easy 6 miles." :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Excellent Doug. Nice time and congrats on the PR. :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Started my wife's training yesterday. She's not out of shape, but has never really run before.

We did a nice little 1.5 mile run yesterday to get used to things...we talked about proper stretching for running and the such. It was good to get out with her. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
MEDICAL UPDATE: Afternoon guys. I went to the doctor and all came out clear and negative for broken bones, torn or damaged tendons and muscles. :D

However, it is insertional achilles tendinitis. I can run on it but I have to start off walking a lot. That is cool with me. They ordered me rehab for 2 weeks and the doctor wants to see me back in 2 weeks to clear me before my race on the 13th.

Fingers crossed that I can get back in the swing of things this week and make my goal of a full.

fmingo36

MEDICAL UPDATE: Afternoon guys. I went to the doctor and all came out clear and negative for broken bones, torn or damaged tendons and muscles. :D

However, it is insertional achilles tendinitis. I can run on it but I have to start off walking a lot. That is cool with me. They ordered me rehab for 2 weeks and the doctor wants to see me back in 2 weeks to clear me before my race on the 13th.

Fingers crossed that I can get back in the swing of things this week and make my goal of a full.

Great news or as good news as you can get right now.
The hardest thing now will be to listen to the doctor's advice. Take it easy-that marathon will here before you know it.

Blueliner

Great news!

I am thinking I need to get to a doctor as well. Lots of pain up the inside of my left foot when running (pain kicks in after about 2-3 miles).

scorp111

Fingers crossed for you, might be the best diagnosis you could have received.

I did 7.5 miles at 10:05 pace. Worked some monstrously long hours this weekend at work, spending about 22 hours on my feet, so I did not run yesterday evening. My legs were still tired today, but I am good with this run. I do think my half-marathon goal (my first) is
A: Finish
A point 5: Finish in under 11:00 min per mile. Might be too aggressive, but that is my goal at least.

MKCP 1985

Welcome back, Joel!

I know it will be hard for a greyhound to run like a pack mule, but at least you are back on the track and can still compete in your marathon race.

Best of luck!

MKCP 1985

I did 7.5 miles at 10:05 pace. Worked some monstrously long hours this weekend at work, spending about 22 hours on my feet, so I did not run yesterday evening. My legs were still tired today, but I am good with this run. I do think my half-marathon goal (my first) is
A: Finish
A point 5: Finish in under 11:00 min per mile. Might be too aggressive, but that is my goal at least.

That is an impressive goal - best of luck! Get in some long distance workouts so that you can keep that overall pace where you want it. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

I'm glad it's not just me. I have been enjoying the freedom of not "having to" run...but I feel like I might be enjoying it too much! I *might* have totaled .5 mile of jogging during a 2-mile walk last week, but that has been the full extent of my exercise since the race. I'm starting to feel guilty about being such a slug!

PS: Joel, glad to hear the marathon might still be on the table for you. I know how much work you've put into this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom