What did you do?

Mr mom

Do my eyes deceive me?! Good for you. A Half should be a fun distance for your first race. But why oh why would you choose the HYPOTHERMIC Half?! LOL

lol, it is here and it is in march, between now and then there are practically no local runs and despite what they call it, it is not that cold here in march. I will be running in feb and it will definitely be colder here then.

diddy_mouse

2.05mi/12:57 I ran most of the first mile but ended up speedwalking most of the second. Body just wasn't feeling right today. It is encouraging to know that I'm averaging about the same pace each time I run. I'm not crazy slow or crazy fast. I think having consistency at first is a good way to start. I can always work on speed later. :D

LindsayLoves

5.5 miles at a very steady 9:15/mile. After speed work yesterday I wanted to take it kind of easy but challenge myself at the same time so I decided to run on the bridle trail which is as close to a dirt path you will get around these parts. Its mostly dirt and crushed stone with varying levels of compaction/loose stone which is sadly challenging for my road loving legs. Definitely have to give extra effort to push off. The last half mile was on the road and I felt like I was flying.

dreamfinder

Bike and core today.

Okay folks I have finally bit the biscuit so to speak. After almost 4 years of running I am finally going to run an actual race. I just registered for a race in march call the hypothermic half. I have gotten a few folks at work into running and one them pushed me to step up and run a real race, so there it is I am committed now.

Huzzah! Sounds fun to me, hopefully its nice and cold out.

Sumrdog

14.25 miles in a painful 3 hours and 5 minutes. Its 11 degrees out...Brrr! I was so cold the last hour my legs felt really stiff and I adopted a kind of old lady shuffle, not sure we can call it running but I was traveling forward. I maintained a 11:40 pace the first 10 miles and then my pace dropped off precipitously after I took a little walk and snack break.

It is impossible to dress for cardio in temps that cold. No matter what I do, I am going to sweat and no wicking layer is going to wick enough so that when I slow down the sweat won't try to freeze on me...But I slugged it out and its done:). I spent the last mile trained on thoughts of a raisin bagel and a hot shower.

When I did finally get into the hot shower I quickly realized that the drain pipe was frozen:eek: and no water was going down. So I had to trek across the house to the kids shower, half sopping wet and still frozen. Now I am in front of the fire still trying to get warm, drinking some hot tea and feeling very satisfied that I did my run, I didn't see anyone else out there :p. I am sure everyone who drove past was thinking I was crazy...Which I am not.

Texas84

Back from WDW. Gained 4 pounds. Thank you Epcot. Dermatologist put some stitches in my head and said no running until Sunday.

About half way home we got the word that my Army Lt. nephew had safely touched down at Hunter Army Air Field in Savannah from his Afghanistan tour. Welcome home!

bethram

14.25 miles in a painful 3 hours and 5 minutes. Its 11 degrees out...Brrr! I was so cold the last hour my legs felt really stiff and I adopted a kind of old lady shuffle, not sure we can call it running but I was traveling forward. I maintained a 11:40 pace the first 10 miles and then my pace dropped off precipitously after I took a little walk and snack break.

It is impossible to dress for cardio in temps that cold. No matter what I do, I am going to sweat and no wicking layer is going to wick enough so that when I slow down the sweat won't try to freeze on me...But I slugged it out and its done:). I spent the last mile trained on thoughts of a raisin bagel and a hot shower.

When I did finally get into the hot shower I quickly realized that the drain pipe was frozen:eek: and no water was going down. So I had to trek across the house to the kids shower, half sopping wet and still frozen. Now I am in front of the fire still trying to get warm, drinking some hot tea and feeling very satisfied that I did my run, I didn't see anyone else out there :p. I am sure everyone who drove past was thinking I was crazy...Which I am not.

Kudos to you! I don't know that I've run in anything below 17 degrees and that was only 3 or 4 miles, so three hours at 11 degrees gets major props from me. You have the right to be satisfied with yourself!

bethram

10.5 miles this morning at 9:22 pace. I felt like I was running like an old lady toward the end so I was surprised by my overall pace. I am aiming for a lot of hills because of some warnings I've gotten about the Atlanta course and the one back into my neighborhood can be a killer at the end of a long run.

a2grafix

Keeping it light in between three half marathons in four weeks. Ran just 2.85 miles Friday before work through the concrete jungle that is Downtown Memphis. 58F to start, 53F to finish in just about 30 minutes. Yeah, the cold front is here. Wore my 2012 Tower 10 miler shirt under my Wine and Dine long-sleeved tek shirt with no skull cap. Should have brought a skull cap. Temp said 58F but the northerly breeze was kicking. Overcast. Got it done.

Not looking forward to the 4-miler Turkey Trot next Thursday for Thanksgiving. 9am race and temps around 32F. Big difference from 2012's run of 58F. That's Memphis for you.

Next weekend is Spacecoast Half in Cocoa Beach, Fla., in the shadows of NASA and Cape Canaveral. Then six days later the ultimate run through Memphis - the St. Jude half. Put in most of my entry donation fee of $500 to run the St. Jude half. It will be all worth it, especially the run through St. Jude's campus between miles 5 and 6.

JillC LI

8 miles this morning. Leg turnover felt sluggish but I got 'er done. Figured better today in tbe 40 degree weather than tomorrow in the 20 degree weather with a wicked wind chill. @Sumrdog way to go in those temps!

From FB: Just under 25 miles at a steady 8:00 min pace, with. 6:40 5k thrown in the middle. Felt good to open up.

So Nick, out of curiousity, what is your 5K PR?

bethram

8 miles this morning. Leg turnover felt sluggish but I got 'er done. Figured better today in tbe 40 degree weather than tomorrow in the 20 degree weather with a wicked wind chill. @Sumrdog way to go in those temps!
That was my theory this morning - 50's with most likely starting off in the rain this morning, or 25ish tomorrow morning. Obviously I chose rain over freezing and got lucky and the rain had stopped before I got up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom