What did you do?

JillC LI

That was my theory this morning - 50's with most likely starting off in the rain this morning, or 25ish tomorrow morning. Obviously I chose rain over freezing and got lucky and the rain had stopped before I got up.

I am sooooo glad I ran yesterday. I just went out to the supermarket and the cold felt like it was stabbing me with the windchill!

Texas84

6 miles on the plan today. Struggled with the wind but my time was OK. Started into the wind, 27 wind chill, then turned into the sun with a tail wind and felt like an oven was switched on. Thought I was going to overheat. Then back into the wind and cooled down. Haven't experienced a feeling like that before.

imagination30

a beautiful afternoon very cold run .. it felt like 20 with the wind ... blowing it could cut you like a knife.. , but it was 39 degrees.. , and I pumped out 7.82 miler.. it felt good at time , and at times it felt like I was going to upchuck , I don't know why.. but its my longest run in a while.. so getting ready to kick in to gear for training my last few runs for Disney!!!- average pace .. was 10:24 , mile pace was 5.76

bethram

4.1 miles this morning at 9:24 pace, it was 32 degrees but with wind chill felt like 26. I think I'm going to have to run on the treadmill tomorrow morning as they are predicting a wintery mix.

ChristaH

I am sure everyone who drove past was thinking I was crazy...Which I am not.
Ummm...are you sure about that?? ;) Just kidding....way to stick it out!

11 miles yesterday on a sunny Sunday afternoon around 50 degrees. I love the challenge of running, and how I feel the day after, but the actual running is still torturous. It does eventually feel better, doesn't it?

JillC LI

11 miles yesterday on a sunny Sunday afternoon around 50 degrees. I love the challenge of running, and how I feel the day after, but the actual running is still torturous. It does eventually feel better, doesn't it?

Yes, it does get easier, both mentally and physically, although some runs will always fesl harder than you think they should and some will feel much easier. This morning I did 4 on the TM at my usual easy run pace and it was literally so easy that it felt like a brisk walk today! I suppose I could've laid on some more speed but I just felt like keeping it my easy day today.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I havent had a chance to read up on the weekends activities here in our little community. Ill do that today on lunch. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

50K in the books and that monkey off my back. 55 at start, 55 at finish with a breeze all day. It was PERFECT. The plan worked well. Steady pace on the first loop of 15.5, then after the climbing around 19.5, let it eat just a little till 23ish and the rest was flat and down hill. My unspoken goal i had wanted was a sub 6hour on this course. I knew I could do it. Turns out, I was a few minutes faster on the second loop than the first loop. My parents, Sam and the kids were there. I came into the finish to see my training partner waiting on me that did the 25k. He was elated and very excited jumping up and down with disbelief I made up 10 spots and sub 6'd. More excited than me at the time. I thought I counted 10 runners I passed, but I wasnt sure.... just focused. Somewhere around 26, my left quad/groin area locked up. I was yelling many expletives in disbelief that it was going to end this way and I was going to have to walk the last 4. I packed some sports cream in my vest and rubbed down my quad/groin. Instant relief. It flared up once a mile for the remaining 4, but i was determined. Finsih time: 5:57:28 officially, 6th overall, 2nd in age group and 18 minutes faster than the 1st female finsher who usually smokes me. I get chills thinking that if I had stopped at the AS's and not packed my vest accordingly, I wouldnt have made my goal. I blew through each one high fiving and thanking. I only stoped once at the main AS to fill up 40oz of fluids.

I am very excited about the offical 50k in the books, but I am elated that my IT bands didnt give out at 20 or at 31.04. All the gym work and swimming the last 7 months has paid off. Now, I have 4 months to get even stronger in prep for Cheaha (February) and my big goal at Lake Martin 2014.

Happy Monday.

ChristaH

I've been bad about taking care of my cross-training, @joel_maxwell , but your report shows why it is so important and I need to pay more attention to it.

BTW....as I was contemplating stopping before the end of my planned 11 miles yesterday, I heard Isabeau in my head telling my legs to quit trying to make me stop! Tell that little cutie that she has inspired some grown-ups!

joel_maxwell

I've been bad about taking care of my cross-training, @joel_maxwell , but your report shows why it is so important and I need to pay more attention to it.

BTW....as I was contemplating stopping before the end of my planned 11 miles yesterday, I heard Isabeau in my head telling my legs to quit trying to make me stop! Tell that little cutie that she has inspired some grown-ups!
Ill be sure to tell her tonight on our 1 mile run. ;)
@joel_maxwell, as I said on FB, you should be very proud. Quite an achievement! I remember when it all began... :D
Thanks Jill. There are a lot of people here that I always like to credit with some of the knowledge I have today and I love our community. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Congratulations @joel_maxwell !! Welcome to the Dark Side. There is NO turning back. You are permanently screwed. Nothing will ever be the same again. The fever will get worse until your body breaks, your mind goes bonkers, and your family just shake their heads in frustration. You will love every minute of it ;-)

20 miles for me in 19 degrees, 13 degrees real feel. Ran along the ocean instead of trails. There's nothing like running on the edge of the world ;-)

Maryssa*

It was 28 degrees today with some wind which I thought would totally kill me but I had an extremely energetic 5 miles :D Something soul-soothing about running in the neighborhood where you grew up I guess. But yeah the people driving by probably thought I was nuts!

joel_maxwell

Congratulations @joel_maxwell !! Welcome to the Dark Side. There is NO turning back. You are permanently screwed. Nothing will ever be the same again. The fever will get worse until your body breaks, your mind goes bonkers, and your family just shake their heads in frustration. You will love every minute of it ;-)

20 miles for me in 19 degrees, 13 degrees real feel. Ran along the ocean instead of trails. There's nothing like running on the edge of the world ;-)
*Dr Evil Laugh*

Thanks Nick.

diddy_mouse

Going to do some cross-training today...squats and yoga are definitely my friends. :) Knees are still dodgy and I know it has to do with the crazy weather changes. Sounds like a lot of you had good weekend runs despite the frigid temps!

Sumrdog

I think we all secretly like when people think that - whether it be because of the weather, the distance, or whatever "crazy" thing we're doing with our running. :)
Agreed...My coworker called my running "pathological" after my long run in the cold last Friday. I told him that he is mistaken, All I am is not a quitter. But secretly it felt like a strange compliment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom