What did you do?

Kristia

congrats @joel_maxwell and @Kristia on your races. my posts (and running) have been a little lacking since the Baystate 1/2 in October. Did something to the back of my knee during the race and took a couple of weeks off, tried a run and about 3/4 mile in, I felt the tweek again. It has been about 2 1/2 weeks since then and will go for it again this week. Was so disappointed I was not able to run the Castaway Cay 5k during our 5 night cruise on the Magic last week. Guess I'm just gonna have to book another so I can check that race off my list.....
Thank you! So sorry about your injury. Knee injuries are the worst.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Early morning 20 miler is fueled by coffee. Get it done.

image.jpg

JillC LI

This will be me in the morning except I have plenty DVR'd that I need to catch up on. I hate the treadmill, but it beats not running at all.

GH is perfect for early morning TM runs. If I don't fastforward at all, I can finish 4 miles before it ends! Plus if I miss a few words here and there over the lull of the mechanism, it's no big deal.

bethram

GH is perfect for early morning TM runs. If I don't fastforward at all, I can finish 4 miles before it ends! Plus if I miss a few words here and there over the lull of the mechanism, it's no big deal.
I'm catching up on Revolution. I watched Days of our Lives for years, from middle school until after my second was born and I just couldn't keep up with the tapes any more. I still watch it a little bit during school breaks.

bethram

3.5 miles on the TM at 9:21 - speed 6.4, which was pushing it a bit but I managed to get through it and watched a full episode. I've managed to clear 3 hours of tv out of the DVR since I got home from school yesterday.

dreamfinder

Speedwork today. 2x1600@5:51 and 2x800@5:44 with 90sec RI in betweens, plus warmup and cool down.

Also I think I'm considering trying the holiday run streak. Do at least a mile a day from Thanksgiving to New Years Day. It would be a big commitment for me, but I'm looking to challenge myself. :)

Sounds like a good goal to me. No way to improve like a good challenge.

Mr mom

another 7 miles, weather is wonky.. 53 yesterday and 15 today, weird. Feel like crap though and cannot put my finger on it as I just have zero energy.

JillC LI

another 7 miles, weather is wonky.. 53 yesterday and 15 today, weird. Feel like crap though and cannot put my finger on it as I just have zero energy.

Yeah, weather here is nutty too this week. Take it easy today - and a little chicken soup can't hurt!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles last night with Mr Toby. I got to work on the boys running etiquette. Deadgum, he will just cross in front of you to mark a bush.

1) Keep your lane buddy!
2) We are here to run, not mark 247 bushes, light post, mailboxes and that A-Holes Audi that wont turn off his brights approaching you... well, maybe that one :cautious:
3) He will NOT run in the street. He has street smarts I guess and will only run on the sidewalk. There are areas I dont like the sidewalk around my neighborhood. Its 9pm. No cars buddy.
4) I do love that visual when we stop at a road crossing and he looks up at my panting, with steam coming from his breath, with the look of "Hey daddy, we are kicking ". He almost has a smile.

Happy Wednesday.

Sumrdog

3 miles last night with Mr Toby. I got to work on the boys running etiquette. Deadgum, he will just cross in front of you to mark a bush.

1) Keep your lane buddy!
2) We are here to run, not mark 247 bushes, light post, mailboxes and that A-Holes Audi that wont turn off his brights approaching you... well, maybe that one :cautious:
3) He will NOT run in the street. He has street smarts I guess and will only run on the sidewalk. There are areas I dont like the sidewalk around my neighborhood. Its 9pm. No cars buddy.
4) I do love that visual when we stop at a road crossing and he looks up at my panting, with steam coming from his breath, with the look of "Hey daddy, we are kicking ". He almost has a smile.

Happy Wednesday.

I love running with my dogs. My old dog Waffles can't tolerate more than 2 or 3 miles these days because she gets really sore...Its kind of sad. But my other running buddy is Otis, he is a German Short Haired Pointer. We live in a rural area with huge fields filled with all kinds of birds and he will sprint across them sniffing out wildlife and then come back to me. He can be kind of an idiot about the cars though luckily they are few and far between...I would really love to put the GPS and a Go Pro on him one of these days. I imagine that if I logged 10 miles he did 15. It would be interesting to see it all from his point of view, looping and sniffing around the fields.

dreamfinder

1) Keep your lane buddy!

Happy Wednesday.

If only. I'd settle for something other than a 50 yd dead sprint before slamming on the brakes to smell/roll in something dead and gross. I know that smile though, usually see it when we have fresh snow and go for snowshoe runes. (She can't sprint then ; ) )

Mr mom

Okay folks I have finally bit the biscuit so to speak. After almost 4 years of running I am finally going to run an actual race. I just registered for a race in march call the hypothermic half. I have gotten a few folks at work into running and one them pushed me to step up and run a real race, so there it is I am committed now.

JillC LI

Okay folks I have finally bit the biscuit so to speak. After almost 4 years of running I am finally going to run an actual race. I just registered for a race in march call the hypothermic half. I have gotten a few folks at work into running and one them pushed me to step up and run a real race, so there it is I am committed now.

Do my eyes deceive me?! Good for you. A Half should be a fun distance for your first race. But why oh why would you choose the HYPOTHERMIC Half?! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom