What did you do?

JillC LI

Tell Josh--Congrats!!! I have a feeling that you are going to be shelling out the moolah for the Carvel sundaes. :greedy:

That's not a feeling, it's a certainty!

For those of you not in the know, my son and I are running a local 10K in 2.5 weeks, and we have the same bet we had when we ran the local 5K - loser buys winner a large Carvel sundae. Even though he has never run more than 5 miles, I didn't want to tell him that it was a slam dunk for him because I wanted him to be motivated to run his best race, but truth be told, he will likely finish a solid 9 or 10 minutes ahead of me! I'll be happy with my own PR, which I think I can do. I actually had to hint at his likelihood of success the other day because he mentioned that maybe he would run with me the whole way and then lay on the speed at the end to ensure a win! LOL. I want him to really see what he can accomplish so I reminded him that the 5K I ran against him was my PR with a pace of 8:38, and that got him thinking (since he does sub-7 minute miles).

ejsanta13

First half marathon in the books. Ran the Baystate half on Sunday. Finished in 1:56:32. GPS app had distance of 13.36 miles, and a couple of other people had similar on theirs. Overall very happy with the time as my goal was 2:00:00. Was actually a fun time until mile 12.5, that is when I just wanted it over......

imagination30

The finish line picture is full of awesomeness!

Walked three miles at the track with friends last night. One girl talked about doing the Rock n Roll half in New Orleans. That would be three weeks after WDW. Wonder if I could do that???

Congrats to @6laurac and @a2grafix for getting back on the road!

rock and roll events are fun .. I would recommend it!.. im going to register soon for 2014 st . jude country music half , I had such a great time last year in the rain even!

ChristaH

Do the Rock n Roll halfs usually sell out? I'll probably wait until after the WDW and see how I feel. I'd hate to waste over $100 on registration if I can't do it.

Got home late from work and it was too dark to run around the neighborhood so I had to go to the gym and do my 4 miles on the treadmill. Which means there was a lot of sweating. Which means I will be up several times tonight with foot cramps. Ugh.

imagination30

Do the Rock n Roll halfs usually sell out? I'll probably wait until after the WDW and see how I feel. I'd hate to waste over $100 on registration if I can't do it.

Got home late from work and it was too dark to run around the neighborhood so I had to go to the gym and do my 4 miles on the treadmill. Which means there was a lot of sweating. Which means I will be up several times tonight with foot cramps. Ugh.

not really , its just better to get in early due to price hikes .. and such ,, but I wouldn't wait till the day of ... are the week of bc it could be near full but its not like Disney where they sell out the day or week. bc for Nashville this year I registerd in dec. just to get in the 100 range.

Kristia

I think the Philadelphia one sold out about 2 weeks before the event so you should have time to decide after the Disney race. They usually run specials so that you can get a break in price. This year on the 13th of each month (for 2013) they ran a promo code to get $13 of the price.

dreamfinder

Today was 3x1600@5:51 w/400RI and warmup/cooldown.

Echoing @krista, if you are thinking about running a RnR race, definitely look over their website first, and try to figure out what promos they are running. In addition to that $13 off, I recall seeing them also running promos where certain days got you free swag, or the first X number of people to register on such a day got free sneakers, etc.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Some days, you just don't have it. Work, chores, etc... get in the way. That's life. Make the most of tomorrow, even though I hate the word and idea of "tomorrow."
True. Some days, your 2 year old decides to get up 2-3 times in the middle of the night. Yeh... that happened. Looks like another night run tonight. Getting my miles no matter what.
Out of commission today: food poisoning last night and puking for hours. No sleep. Resting and refueling.
Boooo hiss. Sorry to hear this. Puke and rally brother.

JillC LI

Some days, you just don't have it. Work, chores, etc... get in the way. That's life. Make the most of tomorrow, even though I hate the word and idea of "tomorrow."

I had a nightgown as a little girl that had lots of sayings on it including "Someday means never." I didn't understand what that meant then. Now I know that I should just do it (whatever "it" is) now and not put it off for "someday."

Out of commission today: food poisoning last night and puking for hours. No sleep. Resting and refueling.

That's awful. I hope you are feeling better today.

Texas84

Almost bit it yesterday folks. I saw the school bus turn the corner yesterday about 0600 during a 3-miler so I jumped into a yard and the bus came into the yard and just missed me! Stay safe out there!

My 3-miler this morning was almost race speed. Just felt good. The cold is coming to Georgia. 30's tomorrow morning.

Mr mom

When February hits I so wish I was living down south but I do love my country, don't suppose you guys would be too upset if Canada annexed florida though would you, lol
As to flights, ugh, you guys have it so much cheaper than here in Canada, our prices are outrageous.

Anyway I put up another 10 plus miles today

JillC LI

Almost bit it yesterday folks. I saw the school bus turn the corner yesterday about 0600 during a 3-miler so I jumped into a yard and the bus came into the yard and just missed me! Stay safe out there!

I wanted to Like this because I "liked" that the bus missed you, but I was afraid you might think I was "liking" that it almost hit you! That's scary! A few weeks ago I was running around my neighborhood, and DS was following me on his bike. We got to a corner, waited for the light, and then DS followed me as I crossed the street. As I was doing so, a driver decided to make a left turn without checking whether anyone was crossing because he was too busy on his cell phone looking the opposite direction. I knew I could race across quickly without him hitting me, but I also knew that he would likely then plow right into DS on his bike behind me, so I slowed and started screaming and waving my arms to protect DS because there was no time to do anything else. The whole thing took a few moments. At the last second, the a-hole saw me and swerved away from us. And then he kept driving and never apologized. My heart was racing furiously because I truly thought I might get hit trying to protect DS from getting hit,and yet there was never a moment of hesitation about what I would do. So glad you're OK too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom