What did you do?

6laurac

20 miles is too short.
25 miles works, but just getting warmed up.
30 miles is just right for a daily.

If I ran 30 miles one way I could be at work! Might be dead by that time but, hey, I'd be at work. If you ever write a book please let me know so I can get a copy. That kind of running is a beautiful thing

6laurac

The finish line picture is full of awesomeness!

Walked three miles at the track with friends last night. One girl talked about doing the Rock n Roll half in New Orleans. That would be three weeks after WDW. Wonder if I could do that???

Congrats to @6laurac and @a2grafix for getting back on the road!

Thanks gotta get back to running on a regular basis since I have a 10k in a week and a half. Thankfully, my legs have not forgotten what to do.

bethram

Almost bit it yesterday folks. I saw the school bus turn the corner yesterday about 0600 during a 3-miler so I jumped into a yard and the bus came into the yard and just missed me! Stay safe out there!

My 3-miler this morning was almost race speed. Just felt good. The cold is coming to Georgia. 30's tomorrow morning.

I'm glad you weren't hurt!

That's one nice thing about running at 4am, I hardly ever see anyone but the paper guy and he knows to watch out for me.

bethram

I wanted to Like this because I "liked" that the bus missed you, but I was afraid you might think I was "liking" that it almost hit you! That's scary! A few weeks ago I was running around my neighborhood, and DS was following me on his bike. We got to a corner, waited for the light, and then DS followed me as I crossed the street. As I was doing so, a driver decided to make a left turn without checking whether anyone was crossing because he was too busy on his cell phone looking the opposite direction. I knew I could race across quickly without him hitting me, but I also knew that he would likely then plow right into DS on his bike behind me, so I slowed and started screaming and waving my arms to protect DS because there was no time to do anything else. The whole thing took a few moments. At the last second, the a-hole saw me and swerved away from us. And then he kept driving and never apologized. My heart was racing furiously because I truly thought I might get hit trying to protect DS from getting hit,and yet there was never a moment of hesitation about what I would do. So glad you're OK too.

That's SCARY! I'm glad you both escaped unhurt!

fmingo36

After the Hershey 1/2 , my knees needed a bit of a break and with no races on the horizon I am enjoying some down time. Still getting in my yoga workouts and a little bit of extra core workout---family cruise coming up in 2 weeks!!!

Sumrdog

I had an unplanned day off yesterday so I decided to get my 11 mile run done. I left at noon and it was gorgeous out, 47 degrees and sunny. I felt really good, so much so that I decided to tack on a few miles and did 13.1. It was the furthest I have run since the Princess Half and I beat my time by 22 minutes. ( of course my foot was messed up for the PHM)
So I have 8 days in a row of work to look forward to and I am so glad I got that run in!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4 miles last night then I read about a semi-local Ultra. I love how they call the 27 mile option a "fun run"

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=23921
Hmmm, you must be referring to the Lake Martin 100. I did the 27 mile fun run last year, then 3 more to make it a 50k. I guess Ill see you there. Im going to do the 50 option this year.... and you will love the course.

David Tosch, the race organizer does a fantastic job. The venue and ground are incredible on Russell Farms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom