What did you do?

fmingo36

Here's a pic from the Expo with all of us in various runDisney shirts. Coryna, you have to post that pic Chris took of us crossing the FInish Line. It's my favorite one of the race.

This picture is much better than the one Chris took with his phone. The only one with the crazy eyes in this photo is the Hershey Kiss!

I will post the finish line picture when I get a chance. I love that one too!

a2grafix

First off, sweet that this thread has made it to 500 pages, and I am on a handful of them. Glad that I found this section and I'm happy to join in with you on runs, Disney or no Disney.

Finally got back on the road after not running for a whole week. Tried to but work and football games and other stuff got in the way. But put in a nice a easy 2.87 miles Monday in Downtown Memphis in about 30 minutes. Nice to get back on the road.

Earlier Monday joined my girlfriend walking her dog in the neighborhood and then we walked 2.5 miles together. So 5.37 miles walking and running.

fmingo36

IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
Here is a few additional pictures from the Hershey 1/2 Marathon w/ @JillC LI & @Kristia.

Love the picture of us about to cross the finish line!

ChristaH

The finish line picture is full of awesomeness!

Walked three miles at the track with friends last night. One girl talked about doing the Rock n Roll half in New Orleans. That would be three weeks after WDW. Wonder if I could do that???

Congrats to @6laurac and @a2grafix for getting back on the road!

Kristia

The finish line picture is full of awesomeness!

Walked three miles at the track with friends last night. One girl talked about doing the Rock n Roll half in New Orleans. That would be three weeks after WDW. Wonder if I could do that???

Congrats to @6laurac and @a2grafix for getting back on the road!
If you can do the the half at Disney than it should be no problem to do another half in 3 weeks. You will still have the endurance after 3 weeks but should still have plenty of time to recover as well.

dreamfinder

Bike and core this AM.

Finish it? Heck yeah. Do it at a respectable pace? Most definitely. Do them both at a desired race pace? Ehhh.... That's up in the air. Most coaches and training plans I've seen usually shoot for an 6-8 week window between longer distance races, where you are shooting for a certain time. However, much like how most people doing the Goofy challenge are content to finish at reasonable times and not shoot for PR's, if you go in with a good training base and plan on having a good time and finishing, then it's definitely doable. Be warned though, once you start doing them a few weeks apart, you may get the bug and start looking for races on consecutive weeks, or even back to backs on the same weekend. (Or even 'GASP' the same day.....)

JillC LI

@fmingo36 and @JillC LI - Did you see the official photos are up. There are a couple good ones. I really like the one of all of us after the race. I might have to order that one! The finish line one is good too!

Yes, there are a couple of nice pics. I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one for $11, and it really p*ssed me off that they tag on another $3 for shipping after it's in your cart. I still bought one though.

My quads are still sore today, but I did an easy 4 miles on the TM this morningto try to work out some of the kinks.

ps - Small brag. DS had his final JV cross-country meet of the season yesterday and PR'd again with a 22:01!

Last edited:

fmingo36

@fmingo36 and @JillC LI - Did you see the official photos are up. There are a couple good ones. I really like the one of all of us after the race. I might have to order that one! The finish line one is good too!

There are a few good ones. I
Yes, there are a couple of nice pics. I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one for $11, and it really p*ssed me off that they tag on another $3 for shipping after it's in your cart. I still bought one though.

My quads are still sore today, but I did an easy 4 miles on the TM this morningto try to work out some of the kinks.

ps - Small brag. DS had his final JV cross-country meet of the season yesterday and PR'd again with a 22:01!

Tell Josh--Congrats!!! I have a feeling that you are going to be shelling out the moolah for the Carvel sundaes. :greedy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom