What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Completed the Hershey 1/2 Marathon this morning w/ @JillC LI & @Kristia, her husband, Dan and my hubby. Official finish time was 2:25:16 (2 minutes shy of PR last year).

Quick race report: It was hilly and there was great conversation. Probably the easiest race I've ever done! Thanks again Ladies!!!
That is awesome. I LOVE when I say to people, "I had a great conversation with "insert person" from mile 17-22 then then we split up" and the response is, "YOU CAN TALK AFTER 17 MILES?"

I bet yall had a great time. Congrats to all. Im kind of P.O.'d since you have met more people on the boards than I have. LOL

fmingo36

That is awesome. I LOVE when I say to people, "I had a great conversation with "insert person" from mile 17-22 then then we split up" and the response is, "YOU CAN TALK AFTER 17 MILES?"

We ran a great pace for all 3 of us and we were talking the whole time. The time FLEW by. I think I looked down at my watch at one point and was like we're at
mile 6.5 and one of the ladies said, I didn't even see the last 2 mile markers!

Im kind of P.O.'d since you have met more people on the boards than I have. LOL

Location! Location! Location!
You need to move up North!

JillC LI

All this planning we do, the life throws you a curve ball. Not the kind where you have to run in the afternoon instead of morning that day, but a little more serious.

@JillC LI per my FB comment a little bit ago on your thread, I thought of you when I asked myself, What should I do about Saturday morning. We had planned 2 months ago to go run 22 mile of the 50k Cheaha course on Oct 18. Well, Thursday as we made final plans of meeting times etc (4am at that since we could camp due to GOV shutdown) I felt ill. I felt horrible and it started getting worse. Both kids have been sick and IM not getting enough rest. Went to the doctor and by the time i got there, I was at 101 and just felt bad. Got meds etc, and today felt much better after getting much needed rest. I texted Sam and said, "I might still go tomorrow since I feel good today" LOL... I cant type her response here, but it was expletives.

I started thinking about next weekend with the BUTS cookout and 50K preview course run, the following weekend and the team I am on for pacing with the Pinhoti 100 and actually made a smart decision. Skip weekend 22 mile run, start fresh Monday on schedule. I emailed a buddy that happens to be the race director for local trail runs and asked his opinion since he has been running his whole life, he confirmed what Jill and Sam would have said, "Rest, wait till Monday and at this stage in your training/experience etc, you probably will benefit from the off days and come back just fine and just as strong."

So, Im doing nothing this weekend. To all that are running, kick . Ill be back Monday. :D

So glad you were smart about things, Joel. Rest up and feel better! And thanks for the support on fb. More on our amazing weekend shortly...

JillC LI

Running the Hershey Half today with @Kristia and @fmingo36 was by far the most fun I have ever had running. And their hubbies are great too. We did not stop talking and laughing the whole time. I was truly sad when it was over. Nick, you would have been proud of the 20 pushups we all did after crossing the Finish Line! It was also great having lunch with all the husbands and kids on Saturday after race packet pickup. A special shout out to you, @wdwmagic , for all the wonderful people you have enabled me to meet on this subforum.

Kristia

To echo @JillC LI and @fmingo36, I had a GREAT time running the Hershey Half! We had so much fun and the miles just flew by. My Garmin died about halfway through (even though it had a 97% charge when I left the hotel) and I didn't really notice most of the mile markers. I hope we can run more races in the future! We got along so well and both Jill and Coryna's families are great too! Ok....when is our next race...sure you guys don't want to do the Philly Marathon with me. Still spots available! :D

Here is a quick pic from before the race.

Hershey Half Marathon 2013 095
by SupersonicNJ, on Flickr

fmingo36

To echo @JillC LI and @fmingo36, I had a GREAT time running the Hershey Half! We had so much fun and the miles just flew by. My Garmin died about halfway through (even though it had a 97% charge when I left the hotel) and I didn't really notice most of the mile markers. I hope we can run more races in the future! We got along so well and both Jill and Coryna's families are great too! Ok....when is our next race...sure you guys don't want to do the Philly Marathon with me. Still spots available! :D

Here is a quick pic from before the race.

Hershey Half Marathon 2013 095
by SupersonicNJ, on Flickr

Great picture! . I'll be posting mine on FB tomorrow--I'll make sure to tag you and @JillC LI .

I just noticed that Dan is # 16 and you are #19. Apparently there were two other people with the last name Adams running the race. LOL

Texas84

Any suggestions on training plans? I did not like Galloway method when I trained for the Princess and threw it out the window less than halfway through the plan.

Hal Higdon convert here. He asks for a lot more miles during the week and it works. Don't worry about breaks. Do what feels best for you. I usually take mile breaks but if I feel good I'll skip a few.

ChristaH

So glad that you guys had a great time running together!! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not sure about all that talking. On my run tonight I tried some GU Chomps and discovered that I can't run, chew and breathe at the same time. I almost choked to death! Throw in talking and I would be a goner for sure!

dreamfinder

Sat was 4@6:34 with 1 warm up and cool down, Sun was 14@8:00. Should have done more on Sunday, but my long runs have been screwed up lately, so I'll take it for now and just push to get back to where it should be. Looks like some good racers were had by all, always great to see recaps and event pics.

JillC LI

I just noticed that Dan is # 16 and you are #19. Apparently there were two other people with the last name Adams running the race. LOL

I'm not so sure about that alphabetical thing. I registered on the second day it opened, and my last name begins Cu..., but I was bib# 809. There were only 500 people in the race so how could they be up to almost 1000 before the letter D?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We ran a great pace for all 3 of us and we were talking the whole time. The time FLEW by. I think I looked down at my watch at one point and was like we're at
mile 6.5 and one of the ladies said, I didn't even see the last 2 mile markers!

Location! Location! Location!
You need to move up North!
Ill say this as politely as I can, HELL NAAHH! LOL... I like it down here to much. I just need air travel to get cheaper.
So glad you were smart about things, Joel. Rest up and feel better! And thanks for the support on fb. More on our amazing weekend shortly...
Yeh yeh yeh... I was happy about it Jill, but I did it. Looking forward to my 5 tonight with my new headlight. Gotta get use to it before Nov 2nd.

@Donald Duck, Nick... like I said, next year. You never know, I might not be able to help pace you since I might be doing it. You just never know.

fmingo36

I'm not so sure about that alphabetical thing. I registered on the second day it opened, and my last name begins Cu..., but I was bib# 809. There were only 500 people in the race so how could they be up to almost 1000 before the letter D?

Oh that was your bib #--I never saw it. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom