What did you do?

Phonedave

If I choose to do p90X again this upcoming spring to its entirety, Ill probably skip the yoga too. The rest is awesome.

I have found all this running has KILLED my yoga.

I have to make room in my schedule, and when I decided to start running more, something had to give - and it was yoga.

Well, man can I tell it's missing in Tae Kwon Do. I go to do kicks that before were nothing for me, and all of a sudden I am going "what is this pain in my groin all about?" I have lost so much flexibility. The yoga portion is something I have to put BACK into my rotation. It seems that the balance portion is still there though. Every so often my TKD instructor likes to throw something at the class. She had us doing crow last Wed (thats the one where you put your knees on your elbows and balance only on your hands). It is a strenght and balance pose - at least I couid still do that (and watching the rest of the class fall all over the place gave me some smug satisfaction if I do say so myself :) )

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Crunchy Frog .... I hate it, but I LOVE it.

"This is not Ab Ripper 100 or 200, this is Ab Ripper 392"

Is it bad that I can hear that thing in my sleep.

-dave
"Thats where the money is, GETTEM UP"

Lord, I can quote in my head the whole 16 minutes

The thing I find humerousis, after do all that ab work, the last thing I want to do is go into Child's pose. I want to lay on my stomach and do a vinyasa.

I have found all this running has KILLED my yoga.

I have to make room in my schedule, and when I decided to start running more, something had to give - and it was yoga.

Well, man can I tell it's missing in Tae Kwon Do. I go to do kicks that before were nothing for me, and all of a sudden I am going "what is this pain in my groin all about?" I have lost so much flexibility. The yoga portion is something I have to put BACK into my rotation. It seems that the balance portion is still there though. Every so often my TKD instructor likes to throw something at the class. She had us doing crow last Wed (thats the one where you put your knees on your elbows and balance only on your hands). It is a strenght and balance pose - at least I couid still do that (and watching the rest of the class fall all over the place gave me some smug satisfaction if I do say so myself :) )

-dave
I will remark and say that my flexibility was outstanding after that 90 days. I think yoga did that, but it is such a painful DVD as discussed above.

I know that question in my head too Dave.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.61mi just now. Muscle cramping in the back of my leg very late in the run. It's pretty cold today, and my stretching outsisde was half-a__ed, so I'm sure that is the cause.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Good work! How far did you go?

...10.61 miles :lookaroun

Just kidding around. Thanks! 10.61 miles from my house, to the boardwalk heading north, and back.
MOn-Fri is usually 10-13 miles every morning, Sat is 22-26 and Sun is 6-10. Throw in a timed run of 4-5 hours for my training for the ultra in March.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
...10.61 miles :lookaroun

Just kidding around. Thanks! 10.61 miles from my house, to the boardwalk heading north, and back.
MOn-Fri is usually 10-13 miles every morning, Sat is 22-26 and Sun is 6-10. Throw in a timed run of 4-5 hours for my training for the ultra in March.

LOL! sorry, misread your previous post, thought that was your pace! Wow you go long distance - regularly!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
LOL! sorry, misread your previous post, thought that was your pace! Wow you go long distance - regularly!

No sorrys, it's all s____s and giggles here!

Yeah I'm not a speed guy. Love the long distances. Avg pace is typically 8-9 min on training runs, 7:30-8 on races, but sprint the last 3miles (half-marathons) at around 6:30. Speed is just not my thing.

joel_maxwell

5 Miles this AM. First run in many months where it was a bit chilly starting out. Ill have to get use to this again. It was about 40 outside.

38:38 - 7:43 pace

Phonedave

The thing I find humerousis, after do all that ab work, the last thing I want to do is go into Child's pose. I want to lay on my stomach and do a vinyasa.

I never understood that child's pose either.

After we do abs, my Tae Kwon Do instructor has us lay on our back, bring our knees to our chest and then drop them to one side and hold it, then drop to the other side and hold it

I have started doing that. The vinyasa (or cobra or even upwards facing dog) is great for stretching in the long direction, but when you go to the side with your knees, it gets things going crosswise too.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22.35 miles today in 3.5hrs. I'll post the issues I had, later, for those who are interested :lookaroun...but right now I gotta take a shower, because, damn.

Wilt Dasney

13.1 miles in 2:40 (12:12 pace). Plan called for 13, but I threw in the extra 1/10th to make it a one-man half marathon. :D

It's amazing to me how I can feel pretty comfortable toward the end of a long run like this, and then as soon as I stop and start walking, *BAMMO* instant stiffness and pain. You would think the body would prefer to walk. :shrug:

So...I "only" have to double this distance in the next 10 weeks and I'll be good to go for WDW. :lol:

Phonedave

14.05 miles today.

Did the Galloway thing again, just for kicks. Run 4 min, fast walk 1 min. Wash rinse repeat 31 times.

My time at 31.1 miles was 4 minutes FASTER (2:28:35 vs 2:24.35) with the walking, than my time at the Wine and Dine half - which I ran the whole way (well, walked for about 30 seconds) and there were hills and the headwind from hell today. Maybe Galloway knows what he is talking about :)

-dave

joel_maxwell

14.05 miles today.

Did the Galloway thing again, just for kicks. Run 4 min, fast walk 1 min. Wash rinse repeat 31 times.

My time at 31.1 miles was 4 minutes FASTER (2:28:35 vs 2:24.35) with the walking, than my time at the Wine and Dine half - which I ran the whole way (well, walked for about 30 seconds) and there were hills and the headwind from hell today. Maybe Galloway knows what he is talking about :)

-dave
:eek:... i think you mean 13.1. :D

Wow Dave. That is interesting. Im glad im not the only one that is getting results like this. 4 minute difference is impressive.

I will try a few different routines once I get into the 14, 15, 16 weekends. Probably as discussed before, Ill do one with a 4mile/1 minute walk and a 5 mile/ 1 minute walk to see what is best.

I dont know if Im disciplined enough to stick to a 4min/walk 1min pace. I think I would get to ansty over that 2 hours.

Nice job Dave. Very impressive.

Phonedave

:eek:... i think you mean 13.1. :D

Wow Dave. That is interesting. Im glad im not the only one that is getting results like this. 4 minute difference is impressive.

I will try a few different routines once I get into the 14, 15, 16 weekends. Probably as discussed before, Ill do one with a 4mile/1 minute walk and a 5 mile/ 1 minute walk to see what is best.

I dont know if Im disciplined enough to stick to a 4min/walk 1min pace. I think I would get to ansty over that 2 hours.

Nice job Dave. Very impressive.

Yeah, that was a bit of a typo :) (or maybe wishful thinking)

When I have been doing these, I set the times in my watch (4/1 or whatever) and the number of intervals to do. I have a rough idea of how many miles it will come out to (for example, I knew that last one would be a half marathon distance, and maybe a bit more). Then I just run it.

I do get antsy and want to run in the walk sections at times, but then I tell myself - no matter how much distance I cover, I am still committed to being out here for 2:35 today, run or walk, it does not end the workout any sooner. That seems to help, at least for me.

I will say that while I do walk when 'told to' I walk a bit faster than his plan says. My watch is always flashing "slow down" in the walk sections. But I am WALKING, using that different set of muscles that he recommends.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Yeah, that was a bit of a typo :) (or maybe wishful thinking)

When I have been doing these, I set the times in my watch (4/1 or whatever) and the number of intervals to do. I have a rough idea of how many miles it will come out to (for example, I knew that last one would be a half marathon distance, and maybe a bit more). Then I just run it.

I do get antsy and want to run in the walk sections at times, but then I tell myself - no matter how much distance I cover, I am still committed to being out here for 2:35 today, run or walk, it does not end the workout any sooner. That seems to help, at least for me.

I will say that while I do walk when 'told to' I walk a bit faster than his plan says. My watch is always flashing "slow down" in the walk sections. But I am WALKING, using that different set of muscles that he recommends.

-dave
Yes, I recall him saying not to walk too fast or it defeats the purpose. I swear Im going to have to get a 305 one day. That watch sounds incredible.

Texas84

8 miles this AM on the Galloway half-marathon plan. Felt pretty good. My left knee felt a little weak with 2 miles to go but it cleared up after my walk break. Even had a mild sprint at the end.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Waiting.....

Sorry to leave you hangin there Joel!

Ok, so 22.35mi yesterday.
Super cold. I've been having queezy stomach issues as of late, so just a mere 2 miles into the run I felt like I was going to puke. The queeziness lasted up unitl 5.91 miles and then subsided. I was taking it slow and got into comfortable groove. Saw many runners on the boardwalk with horrible form...
Hips started to get sore pretty early on around mile 8-9. I took a gel and more water at my halfway point (while still moving) and headed back home. Calves started cramping up and started to feel the lactic acid build-up around 12-13. I sort of zoned out and put the pain on the backburners. However, around mile 15.5, my blood-sugar just dropped. That was a first. I got a cold sweat, felt faint, and queezy. That got me into a small panic. Mile 16 there is a 7-11 right on my route, so I didn't have to go off course. I took 15 seconds (paused my 305) to by a banana, and ran while scarfing down said fruit in 2 bites. That helped big time. Not sure why that happened since I had a pretty hearty breakfast and was well hydrated.
Oh well. Thats my story. 75 1/3 miles total for the week. And Joel; GET THE 305 ALREADY! So, worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom