What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hotter n Hell 18 miler. This was the aid station that the runner hit twice today. I ran it with another guy and this cheerleader that apparently, was the hit of Peavine Aid Station. At the after party, people kept telling me when they finally got done with the 5 mile climb to my aid station (and then again at 14 mile), they loved her inquisitive questions while helping them stock up on goodies. Now, that didnt stop her from finding "fossils". I made sure she stayed out of the way, but one of the best quotes, "Oh my goodness, those are the cutest shoes. At least they are covered in mud now"

Doesnt look like much, but we drained 20 gallons of water, many oranges, bananas, candy, potatoes, PB&J's and gels etc.
photo 1.JPG

My girl got up at 5:30 and rocked it all day. Killed the pool party at 1pm too. "Fossils"
photo 2.JPG

a2grafix

After a much needed monthly massage, mainly to fix a kink in my left calf and my left foot, ran some 4-4.25 miles early Saturday evening in about 45 minutes. Great night be out - 82F with slight northerly breeze with a tad bit of humidity. Calf appeared stable and did not tense up. Need to drink more water, which I have, and take potassium, which I do in a banana every day. Considering a longer 6-7 mile run Sunday.

One month before Disneyland Half, where has the time gone? I'll be ready.

imagination30

Hot and very sweaty .... walk / run with my mom ..,.. walked about a mile with her , she made the turn to come home I ran about 2 1/2 more miles .. ended up with a 4.79 miler .. this time I wasn't worried about pace.. lol

dreamfinder

Hotter n Hell 18 miler. This was the aid station that the runner hit twice today. I ran it with another guy and this cheerleader that apparently, was the hit of Peavine Aid Station.

Kudos for staffing an aid station!

Sat was 1@8,5@7:03,1@8, followed by 20 mins of core work. Sun was 15@7:47.

Question for everyone, during my run on Sunday, I felt my core seriously engaging. This is something that was fairly new from just a run. Any thoughts on if this would be from continuously modifying my stride in an attempt to shift fully to a forefoot strike? Or more what I should expect since I have been putting forth a serious effort in trying to strengthen my core.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Had a little tightness in my hammy this weekend and was preparing for a business trip, so I skipped my long run yesterday. Was going to make up for it this morning, but didn't get to my hotel until after midnight last night and didn't fall asleep until after one.
So, just a shorter run this morning, 3.5 @ 8:50. My legs have almost forgotten about hills after moving back to the Midwest, and this morning reminded them.

Sumrdog

I woke up at 5am to see my HH off for the work week and then I went out to do my Monday 6 mile run. It's finally cooled off and I felt so good I did an extra lap. So I did 9.6 at a nice easy pace. All this running in the heat must have done me some good, I didn't need any walk breaks!

LindsayLoves

Mentally my running game has been off recently. This weekend I pinned down the reason why. I don't have a goal race to shoot for right now. There are three half marathons I am thinking about in September/October but I have not been able to commit to one and train for it. After a horrendous 4 mile run this afternoon I am taking home some running homework and picking a damn race to train to PR in. No excuses, setting a goal, doing what I can to reach goal, end of story.

ejsanta13

3.35 mi in 29:35. 9:03, 8:57, 8:35, then the change. nice morning, 65 and little humidity in the Boston 'burbs. Need to start to add some distance, but the weekday runs are tough as I only have so much time before work and after work runs are almost impossible to fit in. Anyone in the same predicament that has found a solution to this?

JillC LI

I front loaded my runs last week and I'm back-loading my runs this week due to scheduling issues which means that I have had 4.5 days without a run! Not too concerned though - still works out to the same overall weekly mileage. Gonna do 4 miles when I get home today.

a2grafix

Ran about 4.75 miles in 50 minutes or so, stopping to take pictures, and running on some downtown streets I have not run on. Overcast, sprinkles of rain, 83F and humid. Good run. Comfortable. Downtown Memphis running getting me ready for running most of the 2013 Disneyland Half through the streets of Anaheim. This time next month I will be picking up my race packet at the expo.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles yesterday turned into the death march at mile 10. Long story, but was puking at mile 17...really? I screwed up my fuel intake and it's really sensitive stuff, but again, long story...

21+ miles today and felt great. Hauled and glad yestersay was over.

I officially became a Certified Personal Trainer yesterday, after months and months of intense study and practice. Aced the exams, got my business cards, insurance, and ready to roll with my first two clients.

You may die tomorrow, so work your off today :D

LindsayLoves

@Donald Duck - Congrats on becoming a CPT! Are you going to focus on training runners or branch out a bit?

Today was the 5 mile run home around 9 min/mile. I am not too down on the pace because 1. I had to run over two bridges 2. You can't exactly cut across Madison Ave during rush hour when the light is not in your favor (repeat for Lex, 2nd Ave, etc)

JillC LI

Just finished my 4 miles of speedwork. Half mile repeats at 8:30 pace. Wanted tp slip into my pjs after I showered but I have to go pick up DD from her late camp trip to Dorney Park at 9pm. Sigh.

fmingo36

Got back from DC late Sunday night. Had an amazing weekend! I now have 18 hrs of yoga for children training under my belt. Need to start my lesson plans and start getting my teaching hrs in so I can complete the process to get my training certificate.
I did manage a 5 mile run on Sunday morning. It was absolutely fantastic. I saw to the Lincoln Memorial, The Korean War Memorial, The WW II Memorial, MLK Jr. Memorial, FDR Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Memorial, as well as a stop at the White House.
Pretty cool run-definitely beats my 3 mile run this morning in which I saw a dead squirrel and a new pothole in the road.
Now off to the gym for an hr. of yoga/pilates.

Last edited:

fmingo36

Hotter n Hell 18 miler. This was the aid station that the runner hit twice today. I ran it with another guy and this cheerleader that apparently, was the hit of Peavine Aid Station. At the after party, people kept telling me when they finally got done with the 5 mile climb to my aid station (and then again at 14 mile), they loved her inquisitive questions while helping them stock up on goodies. Now, that didnt stop her from finding "fossils". I made sure she stayed out of the way, but one of the best quotes, "Oh my goodness, those are the cutest shoes. At least they are covered in mud now"

Doesnt look like much, but we drained 20 gallons of water, many oranges, bananas, candy, potatoes, PB&J's and gels etc.
View attachment 29090

My girl got up at 5:30 and rocked it all day. Killed the pool party at 1pm too. "Fossils"
View attachment 29091

Way to give back Joel and Isabeau is just so adorable!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom