What did you do?

Banzai

Not Progressing Well at all. I'm approaching the time when I should be fully acclimated to the elevation and I'm noot seeing any progress. I'm only managing about 2.5 miles. I'm starting to wonder if the pollution is also a bigger factor than I appreciated. I may...just may, mind you, resort to te treadmill on Saturday. If nothing else, it will help answer the question. Am I just slower to acclimate or is the pollution outside a bigger hindrance than anticipated?

Texas84

Another Higdon work week. Tuesday 3, Wednesday 5, Thursday 3. 9 this Saturday. Tuesday saw a shooting star. Very cool. Wednesday someone was mowing their yard at 5:30 IN THE MORNING! Riding mower with lights. This morning was in a light rain. I didn't see any lighting until the 2-mile mark. It was way south. Ended up about a minute faster.

Only three more training weeks until Dumbo!

fmingo36

Pool running today. 45 minutes. So lets compare.

Road/Trail vs. Pool
45 minutes on land equals about 5-6 miles. Pool Im not sure
On Road/Trail, just getting really good and warmed up. In the pool, my legs were pretty good and tired (granted I was digging it for 45 minutes)
Road/Trail might have minimal shock fatigue. Pool I feel none.

All in all, I wish I could have been on land, but the pool was a good work out to take its place.

That's the way to get it done anyway you can!

... there was a girl next to me doing the same. She was a cross country runner for Troy University. She was working out an injury too.... and she "Yes Sir'd" me. :cry: I cant believe I got Sir'd. I guess Im looking older.
Yup, the first time you hear that (or Ma'am) it stings! :arghh:

fmingo36

A rainy Thursday morning in NJ meant no camp for my girls which meant a gym workout for me. So I was able to get a class of an hr. of yoga/Pilates. Planning on going to the gym tonight for an hr. of weights as well.
Plus every day getting in 15-20 minutes of yoga with my girls. They are loving all the fun stuff I learned at my training.

LindsayLoves

6 hilly miles in the rain @ 9:14/mile. I meant to do my hill route 3 times, but with the rain and lack of other people it felt like I was running on a country road by myself which is not an experience you often get in the middle of Manhattan and so I had to add in another lap that wasn't very fast but it was just what the doctor ordered!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pool running today. 45 minutes. So lets compare.

Road/Trail vs. Pool
45 minutes on land equals about 5-6 miles. Pool Im not sure
On Road/Trail, just getting really good and warmed up. In the pool, my legs were pretty good and tired (granted I was digging it for 45 minutes)
Road/Trail might have minimal shock fatigue. Pool I feel none.

All in all, I wish I could have been on land, but the pool was a good work out to take its place. Ironically enough, there was a girl next to me doing the same. She was a cross country runner for Troy University. She was working out an injury too.... and she "Yes Sir'd" me. :cry: I cant believe I got Sir'd. I guess Im looking older.
To hell with age! I'm 32, but mentally I'm about 75, and physically I feel 18. So, it just doean't even matter anymore :D

bethram

I slept in this morning because it was the last morning I could before I go back to the grind officially on Monday. Can I send my kids back to school for a week or two before I have to go back for pre-planning? :p

The kids and I went to the mountain bike trail this afternoon and rode the beginner trail twice. I LOVE that DS6 is always asking if we can go so I made sure to fit it in today. I'm having DH take the bike rack off my car this weekend because we'll need to open the back lift-gate multiple times a day to stow book bags :(

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
To hell with age! I'm 32, but mentally I'm about 75, and physically I feel 18. So, it just doean't even matter anymore :D
Trust me. Sometimes I have to remind myself Im 37. I dont care how old I am, I am mentally young, and my body does a pretty good job of keeping up.

Now, Id like to see my calves not lock up in the pool after 40+ laps or about 45 minutes straight of swimming. Id like for them to get with the program!

ChristaH

5k this morning...still tweaking the time down a little, so that's good. Pilates stretch and core class last night.

I'm getting some pain in my left hip. It's on the outside, close to the surface and right where the top of my thigh meets the hip. And it feels like my whole left leg wants to rotate inward at the hip. What does that sound like? Any particular stretches or strengthening I should do to help it? It didn't hurt while I was running, but was pretty bad when I stopped. I know I probably should have iced it, but I was in a hurry to get ready for work. A hot shower and two alleve calmed it down. Tomorrow is a rest day so what is the best way to care for it before I try to run again on Sunday?

Kristia

5k this morning...still tweaking the time down a little, so that's good. Pilates stretch and core class last night.

I'm getting some pain in my left hip. It's on the outside, close to the surface and right where the top of my thigh meets the hip. And it feels like my whole left leg wants to rotate inward at the hip. What does that sound like? Any particular stretches or strengthening I should do to help it? It didn't hurt while I was running, but was pretty bad when I stopped. I know I probably should have iced it, but I was in a hurry to get ready for work. A hot shower and two alleve calmed it down. Tomorrow is a rest day so what is the best way to care for it before I try to run again on Sunday?
Sounds like something I get on occassion which is caused by the hip not quite sitting right in the hip socket. My hubbie is a PT and puts it back in place for me all the time. I know there are some stretches that you can do to try and get it back into place but I will have to ask him tonight. If you lie on your back and have somebody look at your leg lengths, if the hip is out one of the legs will be longer than the other.

ejsanta13

Trust me. Sometimes I have to remind myself Im 37. I dont care how old I am, I am mentally young, and my body does a pretty good job of keeping up.

Now, Id like to see my calves not lock up in the pool after 40+ laps or about 45 minutes straight of swimming. Id like for them to get with the program!

Totally agree on the age thing. I definitely do not feel 38, and have the tendency to act like a 12 year old at times (but what man doesn't?). Feel better @ 38 than I did @ 30. Never a runner growing up (hated it actually) and never had to run any distance for the sports I played. Glad I found out that I actually like getting out and pushing myself to get that extra 1/4 mile in or to get up that hill. Eerily relaxing at times too.....

Mr mom

Always remember the vast majority of folks out there get very little exercise and compared to about 90% of the population in each of our respective countries we stand out for the amount of activity we do. Except Nick who stands out among the top 0.5 % of the world I would think. I am at 45, in better shape than I was at 25 and in far better condition than most people half my age. They can sir me all they want but I will run farther and faster than most of them and that is what counts.

Anyway an end to a good week with another 11.2 miles

Kristia

Always remember the vast majority of folks out there get very little exercise and compared to about 90% of the population in each of our respective countries we stand out for the amount of activity we do. Except Nick who stands out among the top 0.5 % of the world I would think. I am at 45, in better shape than I was at 25 and in far better condition than most people half my age. They can sir me all they want but I will run farther and faster than most of them and that is what counts.

Anyway an end to a good week with another 11.2 miles
I agree...I never used to run and the thought of running a mile non-stop scared me when I was in my late 20's and 30's. Started running 4 years ago when I was 37 and am in way better shape now than I was when I was much younger.

Sumrdog

11.1 miles this morning in a pretty refreshing downpour. By the end my hands were kind of icy cold. I was a little slower than my usual pace, but I accomplished my goal for the day.

I have to agree on this age thing. I am 37 and I think I am much healthier than I was in my 20's. I started running five years ago and was surprised to find out that I actually enjoy it.

I am trying to motivate myself to load up for a rainy farmers market, hopefully people will show up to buy my vegetables...

JillC LI

Totally agree on the age thing. I definitely do not feel 38, and have the tendency to act like a 12 year old at times (but what man doesn't?). Feel better @ 38 than I did @ 30. Never a runner growing up (hated it actually) and never had to run any distance for the sports I played. Glad I found out that I actually like getting out and pushing myself to get that extra 1/4 mile in or to get up that hill. Eerily relaxing at times too.....

I have to agree on this age thing. I am 37 and I think I am much healthier than I was in my 20's. I started running five years ago and was surprised to find out that I actually enjoy it.

Love to hear this from so many people. I also know that my body is stronger and healthier at age 44 than it was at age 22. What a great thing to be able to say. As for the age we act, well, as a community of Disney lovers, I'd say we all want to keep the kid in us alive.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Love to hear this from so many people. I also know that my body is stronger and healthier at age 44 than it was at age 22. What a great thing to be able to say. As for the age we act, well, as a community of Disney lovers, I'd say we all want to keep the kid in us alive.
Absolutely Jill. As others have said, im in better shape now than I have ever been my entire life. I played HS sports and went through many summers of conditioning, so I might not beat my 18 year old self in some ways, but I could crush that person in more ways. Actually, it wouldnt be hard to crush a 18 year old, 130 pound version of myself. Although, my last weight lifting max's at that weight at 18 years old were 220lb on bench, 230lb power cleans, and 325 on squats. Yeh, pretty stupid for someone that small to lift that much on squats, but nobody told me to quit. I couldn't and wouldn't want to do that now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom