What did you do?

Sumrdog

3.35 mi in 29:35. 9:03, 8:57, 8:35, then the change. nice morning, 65 and little humidity in the Boston 'burbs. Need to start to add some distance, but the weekday runs are tough as I only have so much time before work and after work runs are almost impossible to fit in. Anyone in the same predicament that has found a solution to this?

I feel like I never have enough time either...I have a lot going on. This is my schedule.
Monday: Maintenance run day 7-10 miles, I have to be to work at 8:15 Mondays so I get up at about 5:30am to run.
Tue-Thurs: I work at the hospital and I need to leave at 6:30am so if I run its after work on Weds and only 3-4 miles
Friday: My only day off! Long run day. Since I have Farmers Market at 1:30pm. I need to get my run done early so I get up at about 5:45am
Weekends: I work 12 hour shifts at the hospital every other weekend, so I don't schedule any runs for when I am off work, I don't want to cut into my precious family time.

As you can see I don't usually run more than 3 days a week and it works for me, I make sure to never miss my Monday or Friday runs, I miss my midweek run sometimes. I followed this same plan for my last marathon and I was adequately prepared. My weekly mileages match up with the training plans, I just cut out the extra 3-4 mile days and tack them onto the 6 mile maintenance run day. Hopefully you can find a plan to tailor to your own lifestyle. Mine is an amalgamation of 3 different training plans.

bethram

I've been off the grid at my parents' house for a couple days. I did not run there, but I did get a couple evening walks in with my sister, we did about 2.7 mile in 40 minutes each night.

I ran at home this morning, but neither my garmin or the garmin fit app on my phone recorded my run. I'm estimating 3.5+ miles in 32 minutes or so, but I really have no clue. I did remember though why I don't run on Wednesdays in the summer - trash day. It stunk!

ChristaH

I LOVED the deep water class I took at the fitness center last night. Got my heart rate up and a decent upper body workout without too much stress on my knees. Good 5K run this morning....gradually tweaking down my time before I start adding distance at the end of the month. My PR for 5K was 30:47 before I took three months off due to a skiing injury. I'm consistently running in the 34's now and will be happy around 31. I much prefer to run in the early mornings so it felt pretty good, but I still can't imagine myself running for two and a half hours or more!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Way to give back Joel and Isabeau is just so adorable!!!
Thanks Coryna, but honestly, it was my pleasure. Almost feel guilty that I enjoyed it so much. Maybe I was inspired by David Tosch the race director. He goes out to Hardrock 100 and runs an aid station out there in Colorado every year because he loves doing it so much. I can see and understand why. It was more rewarding in the end for me, then supplying runners with supplies.

I appreciate the kind words about Isabeau. She is such an angel and I couldnt be more proud of her and her attitude towards life.

joel_maxwell

20+ miles yesterday turned into the death march at mile 10. Long story, but was puking at mile 17...really? I screwed up my fuel intake and it's really sensitive stuff, but again, long story...

21+ miles today and felt great. Hauled and glad yestersay was over.

I officially became a Certified Personal Trainer yesterday, after months and months of intense study and practice. Aced the exams, got my business cards, insurance, and ready to roll with my first two clients.

You may die tomorrow, so work your off today :D
Nice job buddy. That is a lot of work and it paid off. I wish I lived closer, Id be your third client.

Gym yesterday. Pool running today. Crazy stuff.

Nick is right. Never take a days run for granted. Im always humbled when an injury sidelines me and 1 day not doing something seems like a week.

JillC LI

Got back from DC late Sunday night. Had an amazing weekend! I now have 18 hrs of yoga for children training under my belt. Need to start my lesson plans and start getting my teaching hrs in so I can complete the process to get my training certificate.
I did manage a 5 mile run on Sunday morning. It was absolutely fantastic. I saw to the Lincoln Memorial, The Korean War Memorial, The WW II Memorial, MLK Jr. Memorial, FDR Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Memorial, as well as a stop at the White House.
Pretty cool run-definitely beats my 3 mile run this morning in which I saw a dead squirrel and a new pothole in the road.
Now off to the gym for an hr. of yoga/pilates.

Nice job on those credits. Way cool running sights (not the dead squirrel!).

I feel like I never have enough time either...I have a lot going on.
As you can see I don't usually run more than 3 days a week and it works for me, I make sure to never miss my Monday or Friday runs, I miss my midweek run sometimes. I followed this same plan for my last marathon and I was adequately prepared.

Yes,we all have to find what works for us. I run 3 days a week consistently and only add a 4th day when training for a longer race. I'll add a 4th day for about 6 weeks this September and early October to prepare for the Hershey Half. I generally modify various programs to find one that works for me as well, keeping the total weekly mileage but playing with the breakdown to suit my schedule,and mixing it up with speed work and tempo runs.

Last edited:

GoofyRacer11

Sorry for the long absence from the forums, but I was offered a business opportunity that I have been working hard at. Today was a CrossFit day and the workout was 8 min amrap (as many rounds as possible) of:

5 Pullups
10 pushups
15 squats

I was able to complete 7 full rounds and 10 pushups. Beforehand I set a new 1-rep max PR in my deadlift of 295lbs. I've also decided to join a local triathlon team, Vertical Runner Triathlon Club, to take on a new challenge and hopefully work my way up to doing an Iron-Man.

joel_maxwell

Pool running today. 45 minutes. So lets compare.

Road/Trail vs. Pool
45 minutes on land equals about 5-6 miles. Pool Im not sure
On Road/Trail, just getting really good and warmed up. In the pool, my legs were pretty good and tired (granted I was digging it for 45 minutes)
Road/Trail might have minimal shock fatigue. Pool I feel none.

All in all, I wish I could have been on land, but the pool was a good work out to take its place. Ironically enough, there was a girl next to me doing the same. She was a cross country runner for Troy University. She was working out an injury too.... and she "Yes Sir'd" me. :cry: I cant believe I got Sir'd. I guess Im looking older.

JillC LI

She was working out an injury too.... and she "Yes Sir'd" me. :cry: I cant believe I got Sir'd. I guess Im looking older.

LOL, there's a young lawyer that I deal with in Texas. We have only spoken by phone and he has no idea how old I look, but he always says "Yes ma'am" to me. Drives me nuts! Every time I tell him he can call me Jill, he says "OK ma'am"!

As for me, 4 miles easy this morning outdoors. Lovely weather.

joel_maxwell

LOL, there's a young lawyer that I deal with in Texas. We have only spoken by phone and he has no idea how old I look, but he always says "Yes ma'am" to me. Drives me nuts! Every time I tell him he can call me Jill, he says "OK ma'am"!

As for me, 4 miles easy this morning outdoors. Lovely weather.
I like manners. I teach my kids manners and demand they use them and respect others. However, I was only shocked because I thought she was about 30. Clearly I was mistaken after she said she was in college on a cross country team. Soooo, I thought she looked a lot older too. Touche' girlfriend, touche'. :p

Kristia

Road/Trail vs. Pool
On Road/Trail, just getting really good and warmed up. In the pool, my legs were pretty good and tired (granted I was digging it for 45 minutes)

All in all, I wish I could have been on land, but the pool was a good work out to take its place. Ironically enough, there was a girl next to me doing the same. She was a cross country runner for Troy University. She was working out an injury too.... and she "Yes Sir'd" me. :cry: I cant believe I got Sir'd. I guess Im looking older.

Sucks getting old, doesn't it? :p Yes Sir'd and injured... it will happen more and more lol. I have gotten Yes mam'd a couple times.

joel_maxwell

Sucks getting old, doesn't it? :p Yes Sir'd and injured... it will happen more and more lol. I have gotten Yes mam'd a couple times.
Ill "yes mam" girls that are younger than me... it is just the way I grew up. I will use the filter though and read the situation if there is a woman about 5-10 years older than me, that probably doesnt want to be mam'd yet, especially by a younger man, so Ill just leave it as a "Yes thanks" etc.

The injured part was something stupid I did. I increased my workout in the gym well passed 10% thinking I was ready and I am learning yet again from a rookie mistake. I got impatient. At least im learning from them.

Mr mom

Road/Trail vs. Pool

lol, I get sir a lot these days the grey hairs show that I have probably earned it. Where I work though I am always feeling young, the folks I deal with are generally over 80. It has been hard the last few years dealing with new staff and realizing that I am old enough to be their dad. worse is when you talk about something that happened 20 years ago and they inform you they were not born yet, ugh

Kristia

lol, I get sir a lot these days the grey hairs show that I have probably earned it. Where I work though I am always feeling young, the folks I deal with are generally over 80. It has been hard the last few years dealing with new staff and realizing that I am old enough to be their dad. worse is when you talk about something that happened 20 years ago and they inform you they were not born yet, ugh
I work with a lot of college kids during the summers and some of them don't even get Seinfeld references anymore. The music they have never heard of kills me too. Most of the time I don't feel to old, but every now and again...ugh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom