What did you do?

JillC LI

Almost 25 miles on the trails. Testing out new nutrition this week. So far so good.

So the majority of you think I'm certifiably insane for running a 500 mile non-staged ultra. Well here is the elevation profile...have to run it 50 times. I guess this isn't helping my case :D
View attachment 28491

:eek:
Don't worry, Coryna has met you and says you're sane so I believe her. ;)

I think from mile 4.5 to 5 you should get 50 pieces of card board and stash them at the top of the hill and slide down. You better take a lot of pictures with the iphone.

LOL about the cardboard idea! Or maybe a sled.

I booked my next trip to the world today. April 30th-May 6th. I miss the Everest Challenge by a day, but the point was to go and not run this trip, as we've run our last 6 trips there, and want something more......regular....

Good for you. As much as we are all dedicated to running and to running at Disney, sometimes you just need Disney for the sake of Disney. :)

As for me, 8 miles yesterday morning at 10:10 pace. COOOOLD. I had to keep making fists with my hands for the first mile and a half until they warmed up and stopped throbbing in pain, even with fleece mittens on.

Texas84

4 miles at noon today. 54F and sunny but that wind! Weather channel said 12 mph but there's no way. I grew up in Texas so I know what wind is and it had to be 25-30. 10:20 pace with mile breaks. That is crusing for me. Garmin says I was at 9 min pace with the tail wind. :D

New shoes today. New Balance 880 v2. Seemed lighter with less heel. Nice shoe. I've been using the 880 v1.

Signed up for the Jalepeno 100 10K in my home town, Harlingen TX. Two weeks from today. Whataburger and real TexMex here I come! :)

Runnin'Gator

Four miles yesterday in somewhere between 34 and 36 minutes. I wanted to run a little slower but felt pretty good so I picked it up a bit the last two miles. Today I did 47 miles on the bike. Again, incredible weather. Clear blue skies and starting to get a tan again.

imagination30

can i just say i love my long run weekends, but Dogs do not.. .. great run , alot of wind, but great run.. , I took some new product for a test run today.. and they did meh for me .. okay i guess. , ( gu chomps - thanks to kristy and shannon..) but I did 11.23 , with a pace of 9:03 .. about mile 5 i got chased by a dang minture dog , i think it was a chuwawa! .. i didnt even look .. but Im more than ready for sping so i can conqur Nashville!

Kristia

4 miles yesterday in about 42 min. Lungs still not totally back to normal but better than my 3 miler earlier in the week. This weekend I have the Chilly Willy Frostbite 4 miler which is a local mostly trail/road race. Supposed to be a nice weekend for it...sunny and 44. Nice running weather as long as the wind stays calm!

GoofyRacer11

Changing up my workout schedule this week. I went to CrossFit tonight instead of running I did the warmup, but instead of doing the WOD I decided to lift heavy weights instead so I can add muscle mass. I did back squats and deadlifts with the following rep sequence: 5-5-3-3-1-1-1. The results are in! I got a PR of 155 for the back squats and a PR of 250 for deadlifts!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4.25 miles tonight. Wonderful weather at 47 degrees and clear. Full belly from dinner, but managed to not get a cramp and pull it in 36 minutes.

Mr mom

No run yesterday so I will have to make it up on Saturday ( snowstorm) Today was a lot of fun sidewalks covered in ice/slush/salt and piles of snow in all the wrong places and of course a windchill that put it at -2. Hard on the legs but it is running in this crap that builds them up for faster speeds come spring. 8.1 miles no excuses need to be given after that one.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
7.5 miles on the bike trainer and the weights. I wanted 10 miles, but got there 10 minutes late. I could have skipped the weights, but I really didnt want to.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 mi on trails today.

Same yesterday.

I think i need to tell the company that makes my wind proof/ water proof / 200% warmer gloves, that my hands are f-----g frozen.

Run long.

Texas84

I've got to brag somewhere, it's not much, but I've lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks using Weight Watchers :)

No, that is a lot. Congrats! I'm thinking about Weight Watchers to try and get that last 15 pounds.

I did my usual weekday 3-miler this AM. About 38F with NO wind for a change. Cruising pretty good until I tripped after dodging a car near the 2-mile mark. The windmill balance thing with the arms took a lot of energy. :)

JillC LI

Just received a free invitation to a B&B in the Berkshires so in 2 weeks we're taking the kids skiing for one day for the first time! I haven't skied in 22 years myself and can't say I've missed it, but I felt guilty not exposing the kids to it, and the hubby used to be an expert level skier. So we're going. Now I have to get the kids snow pants and waterproof gloves for this one-day endeavor, and myself waterproof gloves and goggles (I have a problem with wind blowing in my face while wearing contact lenses) as well. My hands always used to freeze while skiing. Any suggestions on waterproof superwarm gloves that won't break the bank for this one day trip?

TakeMeThere81

can i just say i love my long run weekends, but Dogs do not.. .. great run , alot of wind, but great run.. , I took some new product for a test run today.. and they did meh for me .. okay i guess. , ( gu chomps - thanks to kristy and shannon..) but I did 11.23 , with a pace of 9:03 .. about mile 5 i got chased by a dang minture dog , i think it was a chuwawa! .. i didnt even look .. but Im more than ready for sping so i can conqur Nashville!

This is so weird...your run sounds exactly the same as mine on Saturday! 11.3 miles, about 9:05 per mile! I even had a little yipper dog chase me! :)

LindsayLoves

3 miles yesterday evening in a light snow! I am ready for some spring time running although the snow was a nice touch!

I had some light flurries during my run yesterday afternoon as well. It was very pretty, not the annoying getting in your eyes kind of snow.

Yesterday 8.01 miles @ 8:58 pace, no hydration with me (unprepared) next time I will be prepared but my stubbornness of getting this run in was greater than my need for water. My pace definitely dropped the last 3 miles because of it.

Mr mom

-9 with the wind chill this morning, sidewalks still a little icy. I slipped at one point but my face hit a tree branch prevented me from falling, oh joy. Then at about mile 6 a guy driving a bobcat spreading salt just about nailed me as he was not watching where he was driving, I had to jump into a snowbank to avoid being hit. What a lovely run. Oh well, I still managed 10.1 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom