What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
42 laps in the pool this morning. Killed it. 2100 yards (1.20 miles)

I swam my first Tri (in May) distance 3 times after warming up for practice at a consistent 4:00 flat. Then I swam my next Tri (in June) distance for practice and then swam 10 laps straight laps to finish the day. I would have gone for 50 or 60 laps. I really felt that good, but my calve and arches in my feet cramped and locked up.

Kind of cool that my shoulders, lats and triceps out lasted my tired legs. To think, 1) a few months ago, 10 laps was my complete workout and was spent 2) I almost contemplated giving up on swimming around December 1. I think I turned that corner quick.

JillC LI

Coldest run of my life -24 with the wind chill. I not only had ice in my gotee but my moustache actually had 3 inch long icicles. I am actually chilled right to the bone right now. I managed 9.4 miles but it was not easy, I had a really hard time getting my air. I had to take it slow but it was so cold I really did not want to. I just wanted to get some decent distance in and come home and get warm. Apparently we are close to record cold temps, just lovely. Tonight we get a blizzard, 84 days and I will be in florida, cannot happen soon enough.

Now THAT is a funny image.
Let me simply say, in the kindest and most awed way possible, you're nuts! :D

Kristia

To my NJ, NY and New England friends out there--BE SAFE out their this weekend!
Should be interesting...I have the Chilly Willy Frostbite 4 miler tomorrow. It is a partial trail/road race which could make for some mucky muddy conditions with all the rain we are having now. Supposed to switch to snow overnight. It is a small race with only about 70 pre-registered so far. Wonder how many of those will be able to show up! We will be there as long as road conditions aren't too bad.

fmingo36

Should be interesting...I have the Chilly Willy Frostbite 4 miler tomorrow. It is a partial trail/road race which could make for some mucky muddy conditions with all the rain we are having now. Supposed to switch to snow overnight. It is a small race with only about 70 pre-registered so far. Wonder how many of those will be able to show up! We will be there as long as road conditions aren't too bad.

Well they picked a perfect name for the race!
Good luck!

Mr mom

Now THAT is a funny image.
Let me simply say, in the kindest and most awed way possible, you're nuts! :D

Yeah, a guy in a truck rubbed his chin and pointed at mine and was laughing his head off, most of my friends just shake their head and say glad it's you because it won't be me

Texas84

9.5 miles this morning. No snow here. Beautiful sunny 40F at 0900. Lots of walkers and one other runner out today. Good to see. New personal distance record with only mile walk breaks. Felt good. Usually run on Sundays but I'm taking Mom & Dad to Savannah to take my middle nephew and his family to lunch. He deploys to Afghanistan this month. :(

For full disclosure I have to include the 6 traffic stops, the one flock of geese stop, and the two dog attacks. But the dogs made me a bit faster. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
8.25 miles today on my last (sort of) long run before 26.2 next weekend. I thought Id be super sore in my shoulders and lats from my swim yesterday but Im not. Yeh.

Mr mom

9.5 miles this morning. No snow here. Beautiful sunny 40F at 0900. Lots of walkers and one other runner out today. Good to see. New personal distance record with only mile walk breaks. Felt good. Usually run on Sundays but I'm taking Mom & Dad to Savannah to take my middle nephew and his family to lunch. He deploys to Afghanistan this month. :(

For full disclosure I have to include the 6 traffic stops, the one flock of geese stop, and the two dog attacks. But the dogs made me a bit faster. :D

I'll keep your nephew in my thoughts etc, Had a few friends and kids of others serve there. Hope he has a quiet and safe tour.

Kristia

Did the Chilly Willy Frostbite 4 miler today. Last night, we weren't totally sure we would make it if the roads were bad. We got about 3 inches here and roads were ok so we braved the weather and went. They had about 70 pre-registered and only 55 or so showed up. It was a mostly road run with a little bit of a trail portion. Thank goodness it was mostly road. That trail was slippery! It was held at a local YMCA camp so we were able to keep warm before the race with the fireplace going. Nice! I was expecting a pretty slow run with the winds and cold. It was 25 degrees with a good wind blowing. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished in 40:16! The woods looked beautiful draped in snowiness! Good run today. Oh and I won my age group. That is a first. I didn't stick around for awards because I am always too slow. It helped that there were only 2 of us in that group! :D

Mr mom

Did the Chilly Willy Frostbite 4 miler today. Last night, we weren't totally sure we would make it if the roads were bad. We got about 3 inches here and roads were ok so we braved the weather and went. They had about 70 pre-registered and only 55 or so showed up. It was a mostly road run with a little bit of a trail portion. Thank goodness it was mostly road. That trail was slippery! It was held at a local YMCA camp so we were able to keep warm before the race with the fireplace going. Nice! I was expecting a pretty slow run with the winds and cold. It was 25 degrees with a good wind blowing. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished in 40:16! The woods looked beautiful draped in snowiness! Good run today. Oh and I won my age group. That is a first. I didn't stick around for awards because I am always too slow. It helped that there were only 2 of us in that group! :D

Glad you had fun and congrats

Mr mom

Thanks ! Hopefully you are making out ok with the crazy weather up your way. We were lucky. We got mostly rain in the beginning and snow for a few hours overnight.

It appears to be over, the big cleanup has begun, roads are now clear and they are working on the sidewalks. Only had to shovel my driveway 5 times, lol

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25 miles on trails...through 8 inches of snow. Felt like I did a full 100 miler. Legs, ankles, quads; all trashed. Almost puked when I downed my recovery drink.

Work schedule changed for tomorrow, so no run. I'm already freaking out.

Run hard folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom