What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Tough 25 miler on the trails. Legs were feeling heavy and forced myself to bonk, only taking in 300 calories.

At least the sun made an appearance and killed the chill a bit.

Run long.

Mr mom

-16.5 with the wind chill, I'm back in the deep freezer again. Took me a few minutes to get the ice off my face, ugh. Anyway I managed to scrape out 11.2 miles. I'm still frozen. Fresh snow made timing it useless..

Mr mom

Tough 25 miler on the trails. Legs were feeling heavy and forced myself to bonk, only taking in 300 calories.

At least the sun made an appearance and killed the chill a bit.

Run long.

I just got my recent edition of d23 insider and did you know there is a recipe there for your tonga toast, looks damn good.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
-16.5 with the wind chill, I'm back in the deep freezer again. Took me a few minutes to get the ice off my face, ugh. Anyway I managed to scrape out 11.2 miles. I'm still frozen. Fresh snow made timing it useless..
Geeezzzz! Only think running worse that running in fresh snow is non packed sand. I cant imagine running in your conditions. I think I would/could man up and do it, but mucho respect for you guys running in anything that is (-). Wow.

Looks like next Sunday will be in the ballpark of a 37 low temp for my full. Probably getting into the mid 40's by the end. You gotta dress for the end temp, so, I guess Ill go a long sleeve compression tech shirt, hat, no gloves (depends on windchill)

Mr mom

Geeezzzz! Only think running worse that running in fresh snow is non packed sand. I cant imagine running in your conditions. I think I would/could man up and do it, but mucho respect for you guys running in anything that is (-). Wow.

Looks like next Sunday will be in the ballpark of a 37 low temp for my full. Probably getting into the mid 40's by the end. You gotta dress for the end temp, so, I guess Ill go a long sleeve compression tech shirt, hat, no gloves (depends on windchill)

I'd wear a pair of cheap gloves that you could throw away, I find my hands chill up at first but later just chuck them. i'd do the same with a hat. Best way to get rid of excess heat is through the head. With those temps I'd be tempted to just wear shorts and shirt but that would feel very warm to me right now.

JillC LI

I'd wear a pair of cheap gloves that you could throw away, I find my hands chill up at first but later just chuck them. i'd do the same with a hat. Best way to get rid of excess heat is through the head. With those temps I'd be tempted to just wear shorts and shirt but that would feel very warm to me right now.

I was gonna suggest the same thing about cheap throw-away gloves. Pick up a pair at the dollar store.

As for me, 3.5 miles this morning on TM. Incrementally increased pace every minute for the middle 2 miles.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was gonna suggest the same thing about cheap throw-away gloves. Pick up a pair at the dollar store.

As for me, 3.5 miles this morning on TM. Incrementally increased pace every minute for the middle 2 miles.
My hands have never been an issue really with those temps. I only wear them for low 30's and below. As far as the hat (it was entry fee swag from Mercedes 2 years ago and obviously made of moisture wicked thin material), I wear it all seasons. Even in the 90's in the summer with no shirt. LOL. I know my body. They give gloves away in the swag bag every year. Worst case Ill take those and ditch them. I wont wear my nice Nike ones. One thing that really makes me feel over heated is hot hands. If my hands are sweating and it is 35 outside, I feel like I pulsate heat.

You know Im not going to plan what to wear 100% since we are more than 10 days out. Local weather cant be predicted within 24 hours, so Ill ease up in thinking what they are saying for 10 days out is accurate. :D

LindsayLoves

6.3 @ 8:46/mile pace. I was only going to do my weekday 5 but with Nemo on the way I am not counting on getting a run in this weekend aka my butt might be stuck in a plow truck for more hours than I would like to imagine.

You win for worst running conditions of the day! Nice run with such crappy conditions.

Mr mom

Coldest run of my life -24 with the wind chill. I not only had ice in my gotee but my moustache actually had 3 inch long icicles. I am actually chilled right to the bone right now. I managed 9.4 miles but it was not easy, I had a really hard time getting my air. I had to take it slow but it was so cold I really did not want to. I just wanted to get some decent distance in and come home and get warm. Apparently we are close to record cold temps, just lovely. Tonight we get a blizzard, 84 days and I will be in florida, cannot happen soon enough.

Mr mom

I didn't renew my D23 subscription...so you will be send this recipe to me. You WILL...

I just got it from the little email they send every week or so, I don't have a subscription to any mag, I'll see if I can make a link to it. The calorie count in that stuff is deadly I would think and the fat content but for you It won't matter.

imagination30

a cold light rain 48 degrees.. this morning ... its actully felt good until i would hit a gust of wind.. brrrr.. but pulled 10.53 at a 9:05 pace.. the last two miles i tryed dodging puddles , but that didnt work so my feet are soaked!.. but it was nice....( i determined to have a awesome half time in april)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom