What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3.5 miles this morning on TM. Half mile reps at 8:30 pace. Wasn't sure I'd finish considering how little sleep I got last night. First I kept being awakened by awful calf cramps which rarely happens. Then the 60 mph winds hit Long Island around 1AM and caused DD to come down to our bedroom in fear. Some towns on the north shore of LI that were spared during Hurricane Sandy had severe fallen tree damage last night. Many school openings were delayed. We're fine though. And I finished my workout.
Wow. Glad you dont have any damage. Nice job getting up and getting it done!

Mr mom

After yesterday I was not sure how I would do and did my first timing in a while. At the 10k mark my time was 49.25. All things considered that was respectable in light of how little I had been running lately and the 13 I did yesterday. 7.8 miles total today, so not a bad week for the first full week of running in over two weeks.

joel_maxwell

Races:
McNaughton 500 mile
http://www.runrace.net/findarace.php?id=13143VT&tab=a3&whosreg=4251

Viaduct 150 mile
https://sites.google.com/site/viaducttrailultramarathon/home/registration/registered-runners

Oil Creek 100 registration in March.

Nice to see my name on the lists. Now I can relax??
No, now it is time to get your a$$ in gear and make sure you are ready. ;)

I plan on doing the 27 mile version of this in March, and quite possibly in 2014 I might be hosting Nick @Donald Duck in mi casa Maxwell for this event to see if he would be doing the 50 or 100. I think we discussed, if Im ready for the 50, I think Nick would run that with me. If Im not, then Id like to see him smoke the 100. The pictures of the landscape are pretty. A little over an hour drive from my house. My aunt and uncle live a few miles from the event on the lake. http://lakemartin100mile.homestead.com/

joel_maxwell

25 laps in the pool this morning (1250 yards). I wanted 33 to make it an even mile, but I read something important yesterday. It isnt the distance you are swimming, it is the form and efficiency that you are maintaining over any distance. So, I have to shift my mind off distance like in running, and efficiency in the water.

Worked up to 5 laps in a row without a break. Just last week I was only at 2-3. Probably could have done 7-8 without my usual 30 second break.

Happy Friday. 13 miles tomorrow.

GoofyRacer11

I was supposed to go to CrossFit last night, but unfortunately I was busy attending
a wake for one of my friend's mom who was our first soccer coach when we first started
playing. But tonight, I'll be attending CrossFit and working out twice as hard in her memory!

joel_maxwell

I was supposed to go to CrossFit last night, but unfortunately I was busy attending
a wake for one of my friend's mom who was our first soccer coach when we first started
playing. But tonight, I'll be attending CrossFit and working out twice as hard in her memory!
The only part I "liked" in your post. Peace be with you and your friend.

Texas84

I wimped out yesterday so did my 3-miler this morning. Did the afternoon cardio though. Crisp cool 40F at 0600. Just finished the Friday afternoon weights. Sleeping in Saturday then back on the road Sunday. The spring short race notices (5K/10K) are starting to show up.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 miles.

I planned on 50 and told @joel_maxwell possibly 100mi, from my house to Trenton and back, via a single bike path. However, I didn't think it through too well; forgot my money and didn't have enough calories.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Run hard folks.

joel_maxwell

12 miles this morning in 29 degrees and 22 wind chill. It was a warm 22 though. I know that sounds crazy, but I was never cold with only a compression shirt and a long sleeve shirt. Hands were good under light gloves and no tights. I think Im done with tights.

Rough run though. Was no into it today and couldnt wait to get done and pour a cup of coffee.

Mr mom

12 miles this morning in 29 degrees and 22 wind chill. It was a warm 22 though. I know that sounds crazy, but I was never cold with only a compression shirt and a long sleeve shirt. Hands were good under light gloves and no tights. I think Im done with tights.

Rough run though. Was no into it today and couldnt wait to get done and pour a cup of coffee.

Too bad, usually after 7 or 8 miles I start to get into it no matter how rotten I might have been feeling at the beginning. Better run next time

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Almost 25 miles on the trails. Testing out new nutrition this week. So far so good.

So the majority of you think I'm certifiably insane for running a 500 mile non-staged ultra. Well here is the elevation profile...have to run it 50 times. I guess this isn't helping my case :D
image.jpg

joel_maxwell

Too bad, usually after 7 or 8 miles I start to get into it no matter how rotten I might have been feeling at the beginning. Better run next time
This is maybe the 3rd or 4th run since I have been running that I didnt enjoy. That is an average of 1 run a year almost. Ill take that. :D

This is typical. Im good emaotionally all through the climb in a marathon schedule up to the 40 mile week. The week after that on the taper, I taper emotionally that week too. Ill be fine this week.

Almost 25 miles on the trails. Testing out new nutrition this week. So far so good.

So the majority of you think I'm certifiably insane for running a 500 mile non-staged ultra. Well here is the elevation profile...have to run it 50 times. I guess this isn't helping my case :D
View attachment 28491
I think from mile 4.5 to 5 you should get 50 pieces of card board and stash them at the top of the hill and slide down. You better take a lot of pictures with the iphone.
Thanks! Got to use those emotions and endorphins in some positive way!
Good!

bethram

7.5 miles at 9:33 pace, 35 degrees. I set out to do between 7 and 8 miles, just somewhere around 6.5 miles I decided I could do a full 15k. Then at 7 miles a stomach cramp set in that I couldn't work through.

Biked for 50 minutes yesterday, only about 4 miles because we were going at my 5 year old's pace, but it felt good. I think we're getting back on the bikes this afternoon.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I think from mile 4.5 to 5 you should get 50 pieces of card board and stash them at the top of the hill and slide down. You better take a lot of pictures with the iphone.
Good!
I might have a GoPro camera with me at times. If not, whoever is pacing me at that point will be taking pics and video. Before I sleep for an hour or so, I'll try to post which mile I'm at on FB. If I can't I'll be texting Alison and you and you two can post away :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom