What did you do?

fmingo36

I am not a machine like you! I need a break in between my marathons! Hmmmm....maybe. I will have to sleep on that one.

We could do the 1/2 together!

Just realized that NJ Marathon is the same weekend as Broad Street 10 miler which we are planning to do if we get in through the lottery.

Opps...nevermind. ;)

We were thinking about the AC Marathon in Oct but that is the same weekend as the Hershey Half and it has a 6 hour time limit which scares me a little. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have a problem with it but my 2 marathons have been far from perfect! I think I would rather do Hershey anyway.

I am pretty sure we'll be signing up for the Hershey 1/2 again. It's close, I have family that came to cheer me on and I liked that we got to go to the park. Plus Jill is joining us this year...right Jill?

There is another 1/2 marathon in Lancaster, PA in the beginning of October that is Red Carpet/Movie themed. It looked like it might be fun and I really liked the medal.

Kristia

We could do the 1/2 together!

Opps...nevermind. ;)

I am pretty sure we'll be signing up for the Hershey 1/2 again. It's close, I have family that came to cheer me on and I liked that we got to go to the park. Plus Jill is joining us this year...right Jill?

There is another 1/2 marathon in Lancaster, PA in the beginning of October that is Red Carpet/Movie themed. It looked like it might be fun and I really liked the medal.
If I don't get into Broad Street, I might do the half with you. Lottery winners will be announced on Feb 19th so I should know by then. Does the NJ Marathon and Half sell out quickly? I definitely want to do Hershey. Love doing the park at night even though it was kind of crowded. It will be great if Jill joins us! How's the hip? When do you go see the doctor? The red carpet theme sounds fun! I know there was a half in Oct out in Lancaster that I wanted to do in Bird-In-Hand. Not sure if this is the same one or not. Don't know if I can swing that and Hershey though since I have to find someone to horse sit!

fmingo36

If I don't get into Broad Street, I might do the half with you. Lottery winners will be announced on Feb 19th so I should know by then. Does the NJ Marathon and Half sell out quickly? I definitely want to do Hershey. Love doing the park at night even though it was kind of crowded. It will be great if Jill joins us! How's the hip? When do you go see the doctor? The red carpet theme sounds fun! I know there was a half in Oct out in Lancaster that I wanted to do in Bird-In-Hand. Not sure if this is the same one or not. Don't know if I can swing that and Hershey though since I have to find someone to horse sit!

New insurance kicks in Feb. 1. Have to find a doctor and schedule my appointment soon.
I have not run, done yoga, or worked out with weights in almost 2 months. Giving my body a bit of a break but it doesn't seem to matter.

Thinking about taking advantage of this weather and putting on my sneakers this morning and going for a nice long walk.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Need a rhyme so we can put it at Haunted Mansion. :)

3 miles this morning, 50F at 0600. Thick fog, visibility of maybe 2-300 feet. If I saw a headlight I didn't even take the chance and got off the road. OK run with poor sleep, upset stomach, runny nose and slightly twisted knee. No excuses! ;)

Bad weather on the way to the southeast. Stay safe Joel!
Damn right you did!

Yeh, If I would have gotten to work today about 3 minutes sooner, that sheet of rain wouldnt have kicked my a-double-s. I sat in the car patiently debating my 200 yard walk from the back parking lot, and then made a break for it. My shoes are still soaked and my pants just dried.

Damn right!

It's official...I registered for the Viaduct 150 mile, just a little more than a month after McN500 mile.
My wife is super okay with it.
That means 1 of 3 things:
1. She's having an affair :eek:
2. She doesn't want to have to deal with my moody-ness :mad:
3. or she is the most loving and understanding wife, EVER :D

I think #3 is about right.

I love how we have slowly started getting our wives mentally accustom and conditioned to think like us. Sam often will look at the weather and make comments about making sure I get my run in. I like to think that we are brainwashing them, but I think #2 in your list is a known result of not getting to run so being supportive is the less of the 2 evils. :D

New insurance kicks in Feb. 1. Have to find a doctor and schedule my appointment soon.
I have not run, done yoga, or worked out with weights in almost 2 months. Giving my body a bit of a break but it doesn't seem to matter.

Thinking about taking advantage of this weather and putting on my sneakers this morning and going for a nice long walk.
An acquaintance of mine had to have his hip replaced. He now has a bionic hip. Sounds pretty cool. 3 months later, we was running long distance again. He was walking a few miles 3 weeks after. Just in case of the worst case scenario, just think about that.

joel_maxwell

You definitely have a well diversified workout regime
LOL, Thanks. I had to evolve. I am signing up for 1 Duathlon and 2 Triathlons this spring. I think both cycling on the trainer during the winter months and swimming has really aided my running. It is hard to tell sometimes since my legs are always jelly and worn out, but I really feel strong and healthy. I will shamelessly admit that some of the weight lifting is to maintain a good physic, and some is targeted areas to aid in swimming and cycling/runner. Toned endurance muscle, not bulk.

Question: I want to register for these 3 events now. However, I have a marathon February 17th. I am paranoid that if I spend some major $$$ on 3 entry fees, then get into my full and get some freak injury, this money will go to waste. I think I should wait till the 18th to register, but I dont want them to fill up and it helps in training knowing you just spent that cash. Am I over paranoid? Maybe if I go ahead and register, Ill run that marathon safer and not do something stupid like last year.

JillC LI

We were thinking about the AC Marathon in Oct but that is the same weekend as the Hershey Half and it has a 6 hour time limit which scares me a little. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have a problem with it but my 2 marathons have been far from perfect! I think I would rather do Hershey anyway.

Yes, let's all do the Hershey Half this year! I've been running for over 17 years and I still have yet to run a race with a friend!
(As I typed that, I thought it actually sounded kind of pathetic, but there it is. All my running friends are in cyber-space. My IRL friends are not runners. The race last year against my son doesn't count as running with a friend.)

Absolutely #3! You have a keeper!!!

He sure does!

JillC LI

I love how we have slowly started getting our wives mentally accustom and conditioned to think like us. Sam often will look at the weather and make comments about making sure I get my run in. I like to think that we are brainwashing them, but I think #2 in your list is a known result of not getting to run so being supportive is the less of the 2 evils. :D

Apparently it doesn't work exactly the same way with husbands. Sure he supports my running because it makes me happy and healthy, but instead of encouraging me to get out despite the weather, he often thinks I've lost my mind.

joel_maxwell

Apparently it doesn't work exactly the same way with husbands. Sure he supports my running because it makes me happy and healthy, but instead of encouraging me to get out despite the weather, he often thinks I've lost my mind.
Oh, Sam definitely thinks I have lost my mind. "So you are excited and potentially going to not sleep well with anticipation to go run 20 miles in 35 degree weather... at 5:30am on a Saturday? You have lost it!" and I personally love when i get home during the week from my workouts and wake her up, she says, "Did you get up at 5 to get your swim in? I dont see how you do it" I kind of like hearing that once in a while. :D

Mr mom

Oh, Sam definitely thinks I have lost my mind. "So you are excited and potentially going to not sleep well with anticipation to go run 20 miles in 35 degree weather... at 5:30am on a Saturday? You have lost it!" and I personally love when i get home during the week from my workouts and wake her up, she says, "Did you get up at 5 to get your swim in? I dont see how you do it" I kind of like hearing that once in a while. :D

My wife does not know where I get the energy after everything else I do and my job is very physical but also mental( I work on a dementia unit) I also have a lot of dealings with government and a lot of other fun. So by the end of a day I am usually pretty burnt out but my running keeps me sane, clears my head and lets me re focus. My wife knows when I have not run or exercised, I'm cranky. She does worry that I will go overboard on it though. If she was married to someone as dedicated as Nick I think my wife would have a breakdown

joel_maxwell

My wife does not know where I get the energy after everything else I do and my job is very physical but also mental( I work on a dementia unit) I also have a lot of dealings with government and a lot of other fun. So by the end of a day I am usually pretty burnt out but my running keeps me sane, clears my head and lets me re focus. My wife knows when I have not run or exercised, I'm cranky. She does worry that I will go overboard on it though. If she was married to someone as dedicated as Nick I think my wife would have a breakdown
I missed my Wednesday morning run due to storms and potential tornado type weather. It looked narley outside so i didnt chance it. Last night, after the kids were in bed, i geared up for a 4 mile run with 15-20 mph winds near a lot of woods.

Sam said, "Why dont you just do this in the morning?"
Me: "Because I have to do 8 miles in the morning"
Sam: "Wait, so you are going running at now (8:30pm), then getting up at 5:30am and running another 8? That is stupid. Why?"
Me: "Because the schedule calls for 4 miles today, 8 miles tomorrow"
Sam: "But there isnt even going to be 12 hours between your runs"
Me: "Correct. But today is today, and tomorrow is tomorrow. Gotta follow the schedule unless you are injured."
Sam: "I will never understand you runners. Never. Just go.... and try not to get hit by a falling tree, car or a deer"

I'm sore but I ploughed through as I said I would and pulled out 13.1 miles today
Very nice. I like plowed. Might start using that.
Just under 25 miles on the trails.

Body is taking a beating.

Run hard.
Par for the course... just another day in Nick world. :D Nice work.
My easy Thursday run became a speed run when I couldn't get myself out of bed. 3.65 miles, 9:05 pace, 36 degrees, 15-25 mph wind gusts.
Good work. It was blustery today too in my neck of the woods.

joel_maxwell

4.26 last night. Then got my neighbors 6 boxes off their front porch and put in the back porch. They sat in the rain all day. Who orders a blower, edger and other things from Horchow** and then goes out of town for a week. **If you dont know Horchow, a throw pillow can be $200.

8.25 this morning.

Take that Sam!

Mr mom

It was windy here today 45 mile an hour wind gusts but it was also 50 degrees, no snow in the beard today but apparently we could be in for record lows next week. I can't stand this up and down cold weather. I really wish I could afford to retire south of the border, even my wife would go to florida if we had enough money in the bank, at least for 5 months of the year. Good job Joel on sticking with your program and I would expect nothing less of Nick than what he has done.

JillC LI

3.5 miles this morning on TM. Half mile reps at 8:30 pace. Wasn't sure I'd finish considering how little sleep I got last night. First I kept being awakened by awful calf cramps which rarely happens. Then the 60 mph winds hit Long Island around 1AM and caused DD to come down to our bedroom in fear. Some towns on the north shore of LI that were spared during Hurricane Sandy had severe fallen tree damage last night. Many school openings were delayed. We're fine though. And I finished my workout.

joel_maxwell

It was windy here today 45 mile an hour wind gusts but it was also 50 degrees, no snow in the beard today but apparently we could be in for record lows next week. I can't stand this up and down cold weather. I really wish I could afford to retire south of the border, even my wife would go to florida if we had enough money in the bank, at least for 5 months of the year. Good job Joel on sticking with your program and I would expect nothing less of Nick than what he has done.
Thanks! My biggest fear is not being prepared. So... the conversation above makes perfect sense in my world.

Let me know if you ever make the move down south. We need more runners!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom