What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30 laps in the pool this morning (1500 yards). I wanted to get 1 mile, but really ran out of time. I have been doing 30second break after each lap, and when I do 2 consecutive laps I take about 45 seconds. I needed to start pushing that to 3-4 consecutive laps and did so today. Laps 25-30 were consecutive or 250 yards straight. Time to ramp up this portion of my training.

I will not unprepared. My biggest fear.

20 miles tomorrow morning. Happy Friday
You're getting to be quite the fish my friend. Nice numbers and hard work.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Great job with the swimming, Joel. And good luck with your 20 miler.

Forgive me for a small parental brag: last night at my daughter's swim team practice, she FINALLY learned how to dive off the blocks! Until now she has been diving off the edge of the pool, but she faced her fear and did it. And then with excitement did it again and again and again! Interestingly, unlike everyone else on her team, butterfly is her best stroke. I love watching her do it.
Thanks. One thing I have learned from adding extra things to my workout. On swim and bike days or swim/bike brick days, dont EVER listen to your brain when you get up on those rest days from running. 99% of the time it tells you that you need to get back in bed and rest up for your running (like mine did this morning in anticipation for my 20 miler tomorrow). I stood there and stood there in the doorway to my garage. 5:30am. Wow, I could get another 1.5 hours of sleep.... then without fail, my heart and stubbornness kicked in and I drove the 6 minute drive to the pool. 99% of the time, so glad I did. Today was no exception.

I might have to employ your daughter as my coach before it is all over with. ;)

joel_maxwell

You're getting to be quite the fish my friend. Nice numbers and hard work.
Thanks Nick. Still feel a little awkward, but I can tell you this, it is a lot like running. It takes me till 15-20 laps in to feel comfortable breathing and relaxing. Just like running, it takes me sometimes till mile 6 to just settle down, and breath through my nose instead of my mouth. Then it becomes machine like. Im still waiting for that feeling in the pool.

a2grafix

Took the week off after running my FIRST EVER HALF MARATHON. Yeah! I sure did! Race report here. Itching to get back on the road and will do so Saturday. My normal 30-45 minute run through downtown Memphis. Going to get ready for an upcoming 10K in mid-February.

Oh, I also entered into my second half marathon. One of the lucky ones, too. The 2013 Disneyland Half. Also looking to enter into the 2013 WDW Wine and Dine Half in November and try for the elusive coast to coast medal. Just have to find the cheap-ish airfare.

joel_maxwell

20.09 miles this morning in 3:09:00. Climbed 2500 ft today and my knee held up pretty good. Crazy little run today. Formed bad blisteres on the outsides of both big toes. Thanks Nick for the tape recommendation.

I encountered the following, most of them were in an electric fence:

2 Huskies chasing a deer through the woods
a Pit Bull
a Schnauzer
a Lab puppy
a mut
a Golden
2 Chihuahua's
a MASSIVE over weight black lab. Looked blind and sweet as could be.

Out of all of them, the pit bull was the friendliest. Breaking stereotypes. I really wanted to stop and rub all over his face. So cute.

Kristia

20.09 miles this morning in 3:09:00. Climbed 2500 ft today and my knee held up pretty good. Crazy little run today. Formed bad blisteres on the outsides of both big toes. Thanks Nick for the tape recommendation.

I encountered the following, most of them were in an electric fence:

2 Huskies chasing a deer through the woods
a Pit Bull
a Schnauzer
a Lab puppy
a mut
a Golden
2 Chihuahua's
a MASSIVE over weight black lab. Looked blind and sweet as could be.

Out of all of them, the pit bull was the friendliest. Breaking stereotypes. I really wanted to stop and rub all over his face. So cute.
Out of all of them the chihuahas would worry me the most! Darn ankle biters lol! Although I love them all. Congrats on the 20 miler! Hoping to get back to running tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be in the low 30's as opposed to the teens that it has been. Yes, I am a wimp!

joel_maxwell

Out of all of them the chihuahas would worry me the most! Darn ankle biters lol! Although I love them all. Congrats on the 20 miler! Hoping to get back to running tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be in the low 30's as opposed to the teens that it has been. Yes, I am a wimp!
Chihuahua's are actually ranked #2 on the most aggressive list of dogs. Dachshunds are #1... we own a Dachshund. I know that to be true. ;)

Thanks. It was a good 20 miler. Barely had some knee IT band issues if I turned to sharp in the cul-de-sac, but after a 40 mile week and swimming 1500 yards yestedray, I think Ill take it.

I owe you a picture of my sweatheart sitting in the pasture as I run by. I called out to her today... and as she was drinking water from the lake (which you know draft horses make SOOOO much noise drinking, at least she does compared to the others) looked up at me as I called her name and gave me this look like, "Hmmm, there goes that silly runner. Yep, stalker!"

Kristia

Chihuahua's are actually ranked #2 on the most aggressive list of dogs. Dachshunds are #1... we own a Dachshund. I know that to be true. ;)

Thanks. It was a good 20 miler. Barely had some knee IT band issues if I turned to sharp in the cul-de-sac, but after a 40 mile week and swimming 1500 yards yestedray, I think Ill take it.

I owe you a picture of my sweatheart sitting in the pasture as I run by. I called out to her today... and as she was drinking water from the lake (which you know draft horses make SOOOO much noise drinking, at least she does compared to the others) looked up at me as I called her name and gave me this look like, "Hmmm, there goes that silly runner. Yep, stalker!"
Haha! Our noisiest drinker was actually my friend's Tennessee Walker. He would slurp and slurp and then pick his head up and he would always have his tongue sticking way out while he swallowed the rest! I have some great pics of him with his tongue sticking out. :D Unfortunately he passed away last summer. :(

fmingo36

Took the week off after running my FIRST EVER HALF MARATHON. Yeah! I sure did! Race report here. Itching to get back on the road and will do so Saturday. My normal 30-45 minute run through downtown Memphis. Going to get ready for an upcoming 10K in mid-February.

Oh, I also entered into my second half marathon. One of the lucky ones, too. The 2013 Disneyland Half. Also looking to enter into the 2013 WDW Wine and Dine Half in November and try for the elusive coast to coast medal. Just have to find the cheap-ish airfare.

Congrats Tim!

Texas84

8 miles today, 43F and sunny at start but really windy. What's up with the wind this year? This is the farthest I've run with only mile breaks. The legs love it. They hated the run/walk starts and stops. Mile 8 was the 2nd fastest. Good day.

a2grafix

Congrats Tim!

Thanks Coryna! I've always had it in the back of my mind for at least several years when I would find enough strength and stamina to run a half marathon. I've mentioned it to my friends, family, but just didn't know when.

Now that I have my first half completed, I will really train for my next half marathon, which is likely the Disneyland Half Labor Day weekend. I am also considering running the Wine and Dine Half in Orlando 2 months later, and follow that one up with possibly the St. Jude Memphis Half first weekend of December. Just have to keep my eye out for registration times for both, and I hear the St. Jude half and marathon fill up quick.

Yeah, a training program will fit me well, just like the Tower 10 miler trainer. I know I can shave off at least 20-25 minutes off my "PR" half time of 2:22.57.

Wow, four half marathons in 2013? Challenge accepted.

imagination30

a nice cold , but not to cold 50 degrees, pulled a 13.1 in 2:00:22 , with a pace of 9:15 , about mile 5 my legs felt loose and i could go all day.. , i could have wrnt more i felt like going more but my gps battery was almost dead.. ughh!--

Runnin'Gator

Thirty mile bike ride in incredible weather... 75 and not a cloud in the sky. It was also dry enough that when I got off the bike barely even a drop of sweat. That's really something for Florida.

a2grafix

4 miles in about 40 minutes, first time running after my first half marathon in Baton Rouge last week. Felt fine, maybe too fine, as I easily hit 2 miles in under 20 minutes. Few peeks of sun and around 64 degrees. I'm digging my first Mid-South winter, so far, but I miss the Great lakes snow and sub-freezing temps. I guess an even trade off 35-39F cold and rain, with some freezing rain or ice thrown in.

bethram

3.67 miles this morning at 9:05 pace.

I never got my long run in this weekend but I did get to go mountain biking both days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom