What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
7.8 miles today in a balmy 0 degrees. The cold snap is supposed to lift this week, my fingers are crossed. Felt good to run on a mental level but physically I think I left one of my lungs out there. I still don't feel well but I don't care I'm running anyway.
Nice job pushing through.

Texas84

7.8 miles today in a balmy 0 degrees. The cold snap is supposed to lift this week, my fingers are crossed. Felt good to run on a mental level but physically I think I left one of my lungs out there. I still don't feel well but I don't care I'm running anyway.
That's just nuts. :D

Mickey&Minnie

First day back to the gym after Disney vacation and my first full marathon.
15 miles on the bike in 54:00. It felt nice to be back. Once my chiropractor completely gets my back alligned I will start back at it running hard and training for something.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25mi on the trails this morning.

Much warmer but there are still patches of ice and slippery roots.

Decided to run a 150 mi race about a month & 1/2 after my 500 miler. I think my wife wants my head tested...

I guess my tombstone won't read: "He was a boring fellow..."

JillC LI

Took the week off after running my FIRST EVER HALF MARATHON. Yeah! I sure did! Race report here. Itching to get back on the road and will do so Saturday. My normal 30-45 minute run through downtown Memphis. Going to get ready for an upcoming 10K in mid-February.

Congratulations Tim! Great job!

20.09 miles this morning in 3:09:00. Climbed 2500 ft today and my knee held up pretty good. Crazy little run today. Formed bad blisteres on the outsides of both big toes. Thanks Nick for the tape recommendation.

Good job on the 20-miler! Glad the knee held up.

It's a weekly run that starts at a fitness store, goes through a pedestrian mall, out along a highway, and back. Afterwards, some of the runners head over to a bar in the mall to hang out. I look forward to it every week.

Sounds like fun!

As for me, on Sunday I ran 6 miles outdoors. It was in the teens with the wind chill. I was well dressed and warmed up after the first mile, except the wind felt painful on my face every time I had to run into the westerly wind. Yesterday, another 3.5 miles on the TM - tempo run at 9:15 pace.

General question to anyone who knows: what length races do you have to run to get the cost-to-coast medal, and do they have to be within the same calendar year or a single time period? Not that I intend to do it in the near future, but just want to keep it in the back of my head. Thanks.

Kristia

General question to anyone who knows: what length races do you have to run to get the cost-to-coast medal, and do they have to be within the same calendar year or a single time period? Not that I intend to do it in the near future, but just want to keep it in the back of my head. Thanks.
You have to run a at least a half marathon in both FL and CA and they have to be in the same calendar year.

Texas84

I guess my tombstone won't read: "He was a boring fellow..."
Need a rhyme so we can put it at Haunted Mansion. :)

3 miles this morning, 50F at 0600. Thick fog, visibility of maybe 2-300 feet. If I saw a headlight I didn't even take the chance and got off the road. OK run with poor sleep, upset stomach, runny nose and slightly twisted knee. No excuses! ;)

Bad weather on the way to the southeast. Stay safe Joel!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Need a rhyme so we can put it at Haunted Mansion. :)

3 miles this morning, 50F at 0600. Thick fog, visibility of maybe 2-300 feet. If I saw a headlight I didn't even take the chance and got off the road. OK run with poor sleep, upset stomach, runny nose and slightly twisted knee. No excuses! ;)

Bad weather on the way to the southeast. Stay safe Joel!

Damn right!

It's official...I registered for the Viaduct 150 mile, just a little more than a month after McN500 mile.
My wife is super okay with it.
That means 1 of 3 things:
1. She's having an affair :eek:
2. She doesn't want to have to deal with my moody-ness :mad:
3. or she is the most loving and understanding wife, EVER :D

I think #3 is about right.

Mr mom

Damn right!

It's official...I registered for the Viaduct 150 mile, just a little more than a month after McN500 mile.

Well with all the training you have done for the 500 miler, a 150 with a few weeks to rest the body sounds like a no brainer to me. And your wife must truly understand your passion for the run. Mine would probably say fine go ahead but don't expect me to push your wheelchair,lol. just kidding she supports my running but she worries when I step it up fearing I run too much.

Kristia

Did my first run since the marathon. Did a easy-paced 3 miles. My lung capacity isn't quite back to normal after my cold. Was coughing and wheezing at the end, but I did it. Thinking about trying the Philly Marathon in Nov after my meh performance in the Disney Marathon. I am feeling the need to redeem myself. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Did my first run since the marathon. Did a easy-paced 3 miles. My lung capacity isn't quite back to normal after my cold. Was coughing and wheezing at the end, but I did it. Thinking about trying the Philly Marathon in Nov after my meh performance in the Disney Marathon. I am feeling the need to redeem myself. :)

Runnin'Gator

Ran track tonight with friends from the pub run. Some 200s and a little extra during the warm up and cool down for about five total. It felt good to just get out and run hard.

Kristia

Just realized that NJ Marathon is the same weekend as Broad Street 10 miler which we are planning to do if we get in through the lottery. I don't know that I can swing two marathon registration fees right now because if I decide to do it then hubbie will do it too. We were thinking about the AC Marathon in Oct but that is the same weekend as the Hershey Half and it has a 6 hour time limit which scares me a little. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have a problem with it but my 2 marathons have been far from perfect! I think I would rather do Hershey anyway.

fmingo36

Damn right!

Absolutely #3! You have a keeper!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom