What did you do?

Runnin'Gator

I was going to post what I did today, but after seeing Donald Duck's day, I figured it was kinda pointless... nice job, today. You are an inspiration for us.

Runnin'Gator

By the way, I understand what you guys are all going through with the cold. It must have been 65 degrees on my run tonight. It was fricking freezing for Florida.

LindsayLoves

Decided to run anyway today after my workout.

Just about 20 miles. Top 5 most miserable runs ever, but good training.

Forgot to wrap my hydration system and hoses with hand warmers, everything froze up. Including my gels. Those were like mini ice packs. Completely bonked with zero calories and no water.

Oh well, no excuses.

Good training indeed, my body would revolt with no food or water. I would probably take a nap in the middle of the run (I get super sleepy when I am not fueled properly - a lesson that took me a few longs runs to learn)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
By the way, I understand what you guys are all going through with the cold. It must have been 65 degrees on my run tonight. It was fricking freezing for Florida.
If it was 65, i might be shirtless and praying for a sprinkler system to be on so I could run through it.
Decided to run anyway today after my workout.

Forgot to wrap my hydration system and hoses with hand warmers, everything froze up. Including my gels. Those were like mini ice packs. Completely bonked with zero calories and no water.

Oh well, no excuses.
I dont mind running on an empty stomach as long as it is under 15 miles. Well, I dont mind starting off on an empty stomach and prefer that, and can either keep going with built up calories or take a chew pack at 4 miles in to get me through. No fluids though? That is a little more challenging.

joel_maxwell

10.09 miles this morning at 5:25am. It was a glorious morning. 50 at start, a little warm, but over an hour and 30 minutes, it dropped to 43.

Happy Thursday.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
If it was 65, i might be shirtless and praying for a sprinkler system to be on so I could run through it.
I dont mind running on an empty stomach as long as it is under 15 miles. Well, I dont mind starting off on an empty stomach and prefer that, and can either keep going with built up calories or take a chew pack at 4 miles in to get me through. No fluids though? That is a little more challenging.
You know how legit my OCD is about my hydration: I just about had a panic attack when everything froze up. Not because I was going to bonk, but because, well, you know how it is my fellow sufferer :D

joel_maxwell

You know how legit my OCD is about my hydration: I just about had a panic attack when everything froze up. Not because I was going to bonk, but because, well, you know how it is my fellow sufferer :D
If we lived close enough, we might have a weekly coffee meeting together to help each other work through issues. For now, we will continue to communicate via text when challenges arise.

If my water froze, chews were hard as a rock I would set back a little mentally. I feel your pain.

Texas84

3 miles this morning, very nice balmy 46F at 0600. Really did not want to run but I forced mysefl out the door and put it in auto. Ever had one of those nights where it seems like your alarm goes off 30 minutes after you hit the pillow?

Back full into Power 90. Not a fan of the yoga. Getting real tired of the down dog.

JillC LI

It stinks when a run is so memorably awful. Sorry to hear it.

I was going to post what I did today, but after seeing Donald Duck's day, I figured it was kinda pointless... nice job, today. You are an inspiration for us.

It's never pointless to post your own workout. We all do what we can and are entitled to take pride in it. So whaddya do?!

As for me, 4 miles on the treadmill this morning - speedwork. Quarter mile reps at 8:25 pace.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning, very nice balmy 46F at 0600. Really did not want to run but I forced mysefl out the door and put it in auto. Ever had one of those nights where it seems like your alarm goes off 30 minutes after you hit the pillow?

Back full into Power 90. Not a fan of the yoga. Getting real tired of the down dog.
More times a week then I'd like. Last night, woke up at 1:07am and thought it was time to rise and shine. It is kind of a good thing, glass half full, because I smiled knowing I had 4 more hours of sleep.

Some of it is due to the fact I sleep with one eye and ear open listening for the kids.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

It's never pointless to post your own workout. We all do what we can and are entitled to take pride in it. So whaddya do?!

As for me, 4 miles on the treadmill this morning - speedwork. Quarter mile reps at 8:25 pace.
I agree Jill. We don't compete on here, but we do push and certainly support one another. So like the lady said, what did ya do??

Runnin'Gator

Just a little self-deprecation. If I do 30 miles I'm looking for a medal and a masseuse. I did four miles last night and didn't worry about the time. It was probably somewhere around 35 or 36 minutes. Got my pub run tonight which is a 5k.

GoofyRacer11

You know, I have always notice that most times we go to Disney in January the lifeguards are wearing either long sleeves or heavy jackets. I wish we had that type of "cold weather" during winter here in Ohio. I'd probably be wearing short sleeves and I wouldn't have to clean my car off every morning.

Finally getting back into the CrossFit routine! The warmup consisted of a 300 meter row, 3 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats, and 20 pushups. Then we had to set a PR for our handstand holds. The WOD consisted of a 1,000 meter row and power snatches/squats for the following rep sequence: 21-15-9.

Runnin'Gator

You know, I have always notice that most times we go to Disney in January the lifeguards are wearing either long sleeves or heavy jackets. I wish we had that type of "cold weather" during winter here in Ohio. I'd probably be wearing short sleeves and I wouldn't have to clean my car off every morning.

Finally getting back into the CrossFit routine! The warmup consisted of a 300 meter row, 3 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats, and 20 pushups. Then we had to set a PR for our handstand holds. The WOD consisted of a 1,000 meter row and power snatches/squats for the following rep sequence: 21-15-9.

I used to go out to the Outback Bowl Beach bash every year, and you could always tell who was from Florida and who was from up north. With the Gulf being somewhere in the range of 55-65 degrees the Floridians are chilling on the beach and the northerners are splashing around in the water. Cold can be relative. Nice job with the CrossFit.

A 5k for me tonight and a left leg that is killing me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles on the trails yesterday.

Wrapped my hydration system, hoses, valves, and selector switch with handwarmers and selfstick medical tape. That did the trick. The bottle system is insulated and doesn't freeze, but as soon as it goes through the hoses, it's screwed. Have to do it again today.
Run hard everyone.

joel_maxwell

30 laps in the pool this morning (1500 yards). I wanted to get 1 mile, but really ran out of time. I have been doing 30second break after each lap, and when I do 2 consecutive laps I take about 45 seconds. I needed to start pushing that to 3-4 consecutive laps and did so today. Laps 25-30 were consecutive or 250 yards straight. Time to ramp up this portion of my training.

I will not unprepared. My biggest fear.

20 miles tomorrow morning. Happy Friday

JillC LI

Some of it is due to the fact I sleep with one eye and ear open listening for the kids.

Good for you. My hubby could sleep through a mack truck in the bedroom. I'm the light sleeper when it comes to the kids.

Just a little self-deprecation. If I do 30 miles I'm looking for a medal and a masseuse. I did four miles last night and didn't worry about the time. It was probably somewhere around 35 or 36 minutes. Got my pub run tonight which is a 5k.

What kind of pub run?

Wrapped my hydration system, hoses, valves, and selector switch with handwarmers and selfstick medical tape. That did the trick. The bottle system is insulated and doesn't freeze, but as soon as it goes through the hoses, it's screwed. Have to do it again today.
Run hard everyone.

Love your creativity when it comes to your gear.

30 laps in the pool this morning (1500 yards). I wanted to get 1 mile, but really ran out of time. I have been doing 30second break after each lap, and when I do 2 consecutive laps I take about 45 seconds. I needed to start pushing that to 3-4 consecutive laps and did so today. Laps 25-30 were consecutive or 250 yards straight. Time to ramp up this portion of my training.

I will not unprepared. My biggest fear.

20 miles tomorrow morning. Happy Friday

Great job with the swimming, Joel. And good luck with your 20 miler.

Forgive me for a small parental brag: last night at my daughter's swim team practice, she FINALLY learned how to dive off the blocks! Until now she has been diving off the edge of the pool, but she faced her fear and did it. And then with excitement did it again and again and again! Interestingly, unlike everyone else on her team, butterfly is her best stroke. I love watching her do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom