What did you do?

a2grafix

Final results have been posted from The Louisiana Half and I actually finished a few seconds faster! Whoo-hoo! 2 hours, 22 minutes, 57 seconds. Had a 6.55-mile split time of 63 min, 22 seconds, for an average of 10 min, 14 seconds per mile. Second half of the course ended with a 10 min, 55 sec pace.

Pretty sure I ran between 12.65 - 12.75 miles, and walked the rest, mainly stopping to gulp down water and powerade.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Heavily debated skipping my swim/bike/lift brick workout today and did. This is my 40 mile week and my legs are not getting enough rest. I have to remember that my marathon is less that a month away and with this heavy week, I just need to get my legs back a little.

Ill resume Tuesdays brick next week. So, What Did I Do Today? got 2 hours more sleep and my legs are thankful.

5.25 miles last night at 8:30

10 miles tomorrow morning.

Mr mom

Heavily debated skipping my swim/bike/lift brick workout today and did. This is my 40 mile week and my legs are not getting enough rest. I have to remember that my marathon is less that a month away and with this heavy week, I just need to get my legs back a little.

Ill resume Tuesdays brick next week. So, What Did I Do Today? got 2 hours more sleep and my legs are thankful.

5.25 miles last night at 8:30

10 miles tomorrow morning.

Giving my body a little break again at the moment

joel_maxwell

Giving my body a little break again at the moment
Even if for a day. It wouldnt have benefited me to go in today and wear myself out more. It would have only hurt me in the moment. I am drained and trying to make it through the next 5 days. Some has to do with workout schedule, family and the office.

10 Tomorrow
5 Thursday
Swimming Friday
20 Saturday

21 miles.
3 degrees outside.
20 mph wind gusts.
No excuses.

Work hard everyone.
Can you move you face yet? Wiggle your nose? ;)

JillC LI

7 miles outdoors on Saturday. 5 miles on TM yesterday. Given that the "real feel" on Long Island for the rest of this week will be in the teens as a high, I'll be sticking to the TM.

LindsayLoves

Currently 20 degrees, feels like 3.

Got in just under 5 miles - forgot the Garmin at home but I know I was fast, its too cold to run slow. I only saw 7 other runners in the 45ish minutes I was out there. Best day ever to run in the middle of the city.

joel_maxwell

7 miles outdoors on Saturday. 5 miles on TM yesterday. Given that the "real feel" on Long Island for the rest of this week will be in the teens as a high, I'll be sticking to the TM.
Nice Job Jill.
Currently 20 degrees, feels like 3.

Got in just under 5 miles - forgot the Garmin at home but I know I was fast, its too cold to run slow. I only saw 7 other runners in the 45ish minutes I was out there. Best day ever to run in the middle of the city.
Very nice. Hope you defrost soon.

Texas84

Tried a different route today and only got 2.7 miles in. Took 1-min mile breaks. 32F at 0600. I'm getting way too used to the cold. Showed in the Marathon. Got back on Power 90 after work.

imagination30

37 degrees this afternoon , got off work and what did i do ... yes you guessed it!.. i ran... and my stupid gps didnt corperate.. ( it would help if i would turn it on, lol) I ended up with 3. 26 miles ... with a 8:25 pace.. ( could have been more .. stupid me... :) , also it was gheting dark so .. yeah you know!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Cardio workout this morning.

-1 temp outside today.

I feel like I'm getting burnt out from training, but guilty as hell when i take a rest day or switch to a workout.

Mental focus keeps having ups and downs on a daily basis rather than my usual long stretches of focus and maybe a week of head games.

joel_maxwell

Cardio workout this morning.

-1 temp outside today.

I feel like I'm getting burnt out from training, but guilty as hell when i take a rest day or switch to a workout.

Mental focus keeps having ups and downs on a daily basis rather than my usual long stretches of focus and maybe a week of head games.
I think Ill give you a pass on -1 degrees and running outside.

This week of a full schedule is always my worst mentally. Really worked on focus this morning and getting into a zen on a 5 mile run, prepping for tomorrows 10 and Saturdays 20.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

This week of a full schedule is always my worst mentally. Really worked on focus this morning and getting into a zen on a 5 mile run, prepping for tomorrows 10 and Saturdays 20.
A 30 miler tomorrow might kick my back into gear.

Mr mom

I'm still feeling like crap, apparently they say I could have no energy for a few more weeks... well that may be the case but I am not about to sit idle for too much longer, it took a long time to build up my speed and endurance and there is no way in hell I am going to allow that to fall off. -2 here today plus windchill bringing it to about -4 or 5. Down right nasty.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Decided to run anyway today after my workout.

Just about 20 miles. Top 5 most miserable runs ever, but good training.

Forgot to wrap my hydration system and hoses with hand warmers, everything froze up. Including my gels. Those were like mini ice packs. Completely bonked with zero calories and no water.

Oh well, no excuses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom