What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sam and Alison need to get together and complain about us. Grocery store receipt is like 5 meters long.
3 waffles with maple syrup, glass of OJ, 2 cups of coffee before I run. Gels, and granola bars from this local health food store during my run. Ultragen and PB&J post run. Hummus, olives, salads, fruit, vegetable juices throughout the day. Don't get me started on dinner and dessert :D
No kidding... I showed her your pictures from WDW and she said, "OMG, Alison looks normal.... like me". I think they would get along just fine. ;)

dreamfinder

@Donald Duck are you vegetarian? Not to totally thread drift, but all your meal and food postings seem to be carbs and booze (more carbs) with no meat.

Hoping to get some miles in tomorrow. See how the body like me. There, thread back on track.

joel_maxwell

30 laps today in the pool (1500 yards).

While the state shuts down and schools close early and open late today because we are scared of a little snow or ice, I blaze it to the YMCA where my fellow Fridays swimmers are not letting anything stop them. I stayed an extra 10 minutes too... just because i was so excited they were open and didnt cave to the "better safe than sorry" over kill mentality.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
@Donald Duck are you vegetarian? Not to totally thread drift, but all your meal and food postings seem to be carbs and booze (more carbs) with no meat.

Hoping to get some miles in tomorrow. See how the body like me. There, thread back on track.
@dreamfinder - not totally vegetarian, as I still eat fish. I don't eat red meat, poultry, or pork.
I also don't eat cheese; I love it, but it does not love me back :D
Any dairy is usually fat free/skim unless I'm making French toast or pancakes or desserts.
Lots of veggies, fruits, and carbs.

joel_maxwell

@dreamfinder - not totally vegetarian, as I still eat fish. I don't eat red meat, poultry, or pork.
Note to self when you visit Birmingham one day. I would love to have fish every day for dinner. Love salmon. Love it.
Im not sure I could live sans cheese.
Any dairy is usually fat free/skim unless I'm making French toast or pancakes or desserts.
Im not a big veggies or fruits kind of guy, but there are about 3 in each category that ill eat, so I stick to them. I think i eat spinach every day, sometimes twice a day in the baby leaf form.

imagination30

I found why i hate tredmills , but i havent felt good the past few days so i decided to run on the tredmill--- did 4.01 miler .. but when im out side i dont sweat... but on the tredmill i sweat buckets ? why is that lol!

joel_maxwell

I found why i hate tredmills , but i havent felt good the past few days so i decided to run on the tredmill--- did 4.01 miler .. but when im out side i dont sweat... but on the tredmill i sweat buckets ? why is that lol!
No wind inside possibly. Just stagnate, gym air. Nothing to cool you down. Outside, depending on temperature, there is you moving, and possibly a breeze to act as a coolant.

On the flip side, maybe since there is more to look at outside, you dont notice it, but when you are inside, after mile .03, you start getting antsy already

a2grafix

Ran close to 7 miles, I think, through Downtown Memphis and along the Mississippi River. Combo of routes, late afternoon early dusk around 48-50 and dropping as the sun set. Beautiful winter day. Not a cloud in the sky. Just under 60 minutes. Stopped a handful of times to take pix. So lovely out.

Took a day off of work since I worked Thanksgiving in November. Last run before Sunday morning's Louisiana Half Marathon in Baton Rouge. Forecast: 7am start mid-40s with a high of 64.

Side trip to the French Quarter in New Orleans Saturday after I pick up my race gear at the expo.

bethram

6.0 miles at 9:35 pace and 32 degrees. It felt good to be outside again, but it was hard. I can't believe how quickly I got used to the treadmill because I hate it.

joel_maxwell

15 miles this afternoon.

My youngest was up a lot last night cutting 3 molars. Then, Sam wakes me up at 1am telling me something in the house was burning. It appears a water bottle cap had fallen through in the dishwasher and melted. Smelled like a burnt birthday candle. So, I cancelled my 6am run and did it this afternoon. I was reminded why I started running in the morning.

I also think I have a weird thing about negative splitting everything. Mile 9-15 I got faster by 10-15 seconds per mile. I do that all the time now. Weird. By mile 15, I was scooting at 7:44 pace. I made myself slow down.

Time for a bacardi and coke. Cheers! ;)

JillC LI

face a big fan in your direction while on the dreadmill. It helps with comfort if not with boredom!

As for me, 7 miles this morning at 10:08 min pace outdoors. At some points I felt like I was running in place trying to move forward against the wicked west wind. Ugh.

Texas84

First run since Marathon. Man that felt good! 4 miles at 10:57 pace, fast for me. Mile 4 was the fastest. Took 1 minute mile breaks. Nice sunny weather but a bit breezy. 46F at start, 51 at finish. I'm trying to get cuz to move from her 3:1 to mile breaks for the Publix Half in March.

bethram

I went bike riding with my family. We tried out a short loop at our local mountain bike trail, but my DS couldn't handle it. I ended up riding for another 20 minutes or so in my neighborhood with DD (9) at her pace.

a2grafix

I ran 13.1 miles this morning with 4,000 or so of my friends in lovely Baton Rouge. Couldn't ask for perfect conditions. About 39-40 at the cannon start by Louisiana's lieutenant governor and finished 2 hours 23 minutes later in the low 50s. My first-ever half marathon.

Yeah, I can do this again. Registration for the 2013 Disneyland Half is Jan. 22.

Runnin'Gator

I ran 13.1 miles this morning with 4,000 or so of my friends in lovely Baton Rouge. Couldn't ask for perfect conditions. About 39-40 at the cannon start by Louisiana's lieutenant governor and finished 2 hours 23 minutes later in the low 50s. My first-ever half marathon.

Yeah, I can do this again. Registration for the 2013 Disneyland Half is Jan. 22.
Congratulations. I imagine you'll probably enjoy running the Disneyland Half just as much.

imagination30

beautiful run this afternoon of 13.1 with a pace of 9:17 ... and ran it in 2:00:45, but this was no easy run... it was out run the dog sunday i guess... , everywhere i turned dogs every where and also about mile 5.. i ran into a torn bush.. , that was laying on the curb... ouch!!!! to say the least!

dreamfinder

Sat was 13.1@8:00, Sun was 6.2@7:00 followed by 4.5 on the bike. Both runs were on the TM. Felt pretty good, a little stiff to start with on Sat, but got better as it went on. Good to see all the other runners from Marathon weekend getting the cobwebs out as well.

Ahh, Pescatarian. Veggie here, couldn't give up the dairy/honey to go vegan. It's way to hard to get enough protein without that as an option in a pinch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom