What did you do?

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
Just got in from a wonderful 7 mile run. The weather was great...64, breezy, no humidity.
Felt like I could have gone farther, but fought the urge.

AUPr8Hd

8.41 miles for me this evening. Weather was great with temps starting in low 80's and dropping to low 70's by finish. I felt good, which was nice since I spent all day Saturday tailgating :ROFLOL:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
6 miles at about 11 pm last night....longest run of my training so far, but did it without taking a walking break, which shows how far I've come.

I made sure to eat right all day, and I think that made a big difference, as I tend to feel really fatigued if I don't eat well the day of a long run.

Phonedave

Just got in from a wonderful 7 mile run. The weather was great...64, breezy, no humidity.
Felt like I could have gone farther, but fought the urge.

I did that too. I got to 10, and I was feeling it, but thought about pushing it out to 13.1 Then I thought the better of it. Now, with the Wine and Dine 1/2 less than 4 weeks away, is not the time to knock yourself out for a few days.

-dave

Blueliner

12.5 miles today. 6am and a AWESOME 63 degrees at start. It was dark. Loved it. I covered 12.5 miles in 1:45 seconds less time than it took me to cover 11 miles 2 weeks ago. Awesome run today.

12.5 in 1:43:30. 8.17 pace.

Nice work! The Birmingham weather is really nice right now in the early morning. I set out this morning with plans for 11 miles. At some point between miles 4 and 5, I developed a pain in my right foot, on the outside/top, almost straight down from the "ankle bone." I pushed on and got to 7 miles before I decided to shut it down and see what the deal was. I still have not figured it out. Hopefully a little rest will cure it.

Texas84

Macon, GA Labor Day 5K this AM. Best time yet. If only the weather could stay like it is right now. I only took 3 walk breaks.

Wilt Dasney

Ran my first 10K today, the US 10K Classic in Atlanta/Marietta. It was quite a spectacle. 16,000 people showed up to cycle, skate, wheelchair, walk and run. Before the race, they had three skydivers parachute onto the course right in front of the start while the National Anthem played. One of the skydivers had a giant American flag attached to him. I think it would be impossible to witness that with so many people around and not be pumped up to run.

So, as for the results...the course was a pretty hilly stretch of highway. I got chewed up a little in some places, but I still managed to outstrip my best training pace over this distance and brought it home in 58 minutes...1,266th out of 2,998 runners who were being timed. I couldn't be happier with the result.

Also...About an hour after I finished, the men's pro cyclists finished their 100K race that had taken place on the highways and on Dobbins Air Force Base. That was a heck of a spectacle, watching those guys battle down the stretch at breakneck speed. Afterwards, I used the runners $10 discount to get into Six Flags White Water. It was a really fun day all around.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice work! The Birmingham weather is really nice right now in the early morning. I set out this morning with plans for 11 miles. At some point between miles 4 and 5, I developed a pain in my right foot, on the outside/top, almost straight down from the "ankle bone." I pushed on and got to 7 miles before I decided to shut it down and see what the deal was. I still have not figured it out. Hopefully a little rest will cure it.
Thanks. It was a perfect run.

Ah, that is no good. I hope rest is the cure. I really get OCD about stingers and soreness. I almost have to let me body run its course. Last time I had some serious Achilles tendinitis, I iced my right foot so much in 24 hours I actually got frost bite and my skin was white and then was burned for 1 week. Nice. :lookaroun

DisneyRunner

Today I did the hills in my neighborhood, four miles. I think it was my best time ever, inspite of the wind. It is very windy here. On occasion, I could feel the breeze through my shoes. I almost got pushed over at one point.

fractal

93 degrees today.

Got in 5 miles - 4 of them running.

I'll take it. Last mile felt great but had to stop in time to catch son's water-polo game and daughter's field hockey game.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It's been a few days since I have posted, so here are my numbers as of late:

10.12 last Thursday (did I post that already?)
Rest day on Friday (forced by my wife)
10.15 Saturday
10.17 Sunday
5.58 Monday (Labor Day)
13.21 yesterday

Pretty nice weather all around.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It's been a few days since I have posted, so here are my numbers as of late:

10.12 last Thursday (did I post that already?)
Rest day on Friday (forced by my wife)
10.15 Saturday
10.17 Sunday
5.58 Monday (Labor Day)
13.21 yesterday

Pretty nice weather all around.
I was about to send out a missing persons report for Donald Duck. Glad to see you back.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Having trouble getting my short runs in this week....lots of baby prep going on in this household, as the C-Section is scheduled for Monday.

Maybe tomorrow after work I can get in a run. I'd like to get in at least one of my short runs before another 6 mile run on Saturday or Sunday.

DisneyRunner

I went to the Y today. I did strength training, a half hour on the step mill, a three mile run and a quarter mile walking cool down. Every workout, I include core and stretching.

fractal

I went to the Y today. I did strength training, a half hour on the step mill, a three mile run and a quarter mile walking cool down. Every workout, I include core and stretching.

Thanks for the reminder.

I need to start working in more strength, stretching and core.

Time to dust off the 'ol P90X Dvds.:eek:

fractal

Only got in 4 miles today.

I've been feeling really sluggish lately. I wonder if my allergies have anything to do with it but my breathing is all screwy and my legs feel like lead. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom