What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good 5 mile run tonight. Next week I expand past my longest run ever to 6 miles.

Funny part is I feel like I can do it....a few weeks ago I might have scoffed...but speed is coming slowly and the mileage goes by faster, as I am more comfortable and get into the "zone" more quickly when I run consistently each week.
As do I. I have to make up 4 miles from this weekend today and then my normal schedule this week plus a 12 miler Sunday. It will be a tiring week, but by Sunday, I think Ill be primed and ready to go.

10.19 miles on Saturday and 6.28 miles yesterday.

Strange blisters underneath my toenails are forming...which began a few weeks ago. They hurt and I do not know how I got them, and I've never had blister issues before.
Oy! I bet you are doing some google searches in your downtime at work today.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.15 miles today. Got a couple pairs of injinji socks (toe socks) from RRS this morning and they seem to do the trick. No friction between toes and I feel like I have better balance because my toes are not cramped up on one another...which was one problem I was having.

It's funny, I was going to by these socks and the Japanese slippers at EPCOT last time I was there.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
As do I. I have to make up 4 miles from this weekend today and then my normal schedule this week plus a 12 miler Sunday. It will be a tiring week, but by Sunday, I think Ill be primed and ready to go.

Oy! I bet you are doing some google searches in your downtime at work today.

I'm an artist and fortunately I have a studio in our house upstairs, so I can just check things out whenever work is drying or I hit a mental block. When universities start the fall semester though I grab a few adjunct classes to teach throughout the year until summer.

joel_maxwell

I'm an artist and fortunately I have a studio in our house upstairs, so I can just check things out whenever work is drying or I hit a mental block. When universities start the fall semester though I grab a few adjunct classes to teach throughout the year until summer.
Just sent you a PM.

fractal

5.5 miles today in the heat. The first 2 miles just sucked! I didn't think I would get even those in so I stopped, stretched and walked for a 1/2 mile and felt great the rest of the way.

joel_maxwell

4 miles. 1 of those miles you run as fast consistently as you can and the others you lightly jog. I did the second mile for this speed run. I dont think I did all that great today on this "magic mile" as its called.

6:33 mile. Here are the calculation through a formula. All estimated times and current paces to shoot for on race day.

5K - 7:06 min/mile (22:01)
10k - 7:32 min/mile (46:42)
Half - 7:52 min/mile (1:42:58)
Full - 8:31 min/mile (3:43:06)
Full Training Pace - 10:31 min/mile (4:35:30) This one is a bit confusing to me. I just dont see how you could "turn it up" by 2 minutes per mile on race day. Oh well, it is all just a formula by Jeff Galloway.

Phonedave

10.15 miles today. Got a couple pairs of injinji socks (toe socks) from RRS this morning and they seem to do the trick. No friction between toes and I feel like I have better balance because my toes are not cramped up on one another...which was one problem I was having.

It's funny, I was going to by these socks and the Japanese slippers at EPCOT last time I was there.

I looked at those when I was at RRS Saturday. Then I put them back. I think the problem I have with midfoot pain in my right foot is because I have started clenching my right toes. Why, I have no idea. I just noticed myself doing it. If I think about it I stop, so thats working for now.

Today was 6.53 miles (I stopped when it got dark). New insoles felt fine and I tried a new lacing pattern and it make a big difference. Shoes feel loose in the front but still tight around the heel/ankle - I like that.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I looked at those when I was at RRS Saturday. Then I put them back. I think the problem I have with midfoot pain in my right foot is because I have started clenching my right toes. Why, I have no idea. I just noticed myself doing it. If I think about it I stop, so thats working for now.

Today was 6.53 miles (I stopped when it got dark). New insoles felt fine and I tried a new lacing pattern and it make a big difference. Shoes feel loose in the front but still tight around the heel/ankle - I like that.

-dave

I began clenching my toes because I was being cautious of my other injuries, and I think that was just the reaction:shrug:. But I put on the injinji socks and my feet and toes make great contact with the shoes and the ground and I feel so balanced with each step.

For the longest time I wanted to get Vibram 5 finger shoes and waited for my size to become available (love running barefoot) but as of late, I see too many yuppies and pop celebrites wearing them because they think they're cool, but they haven't run a day in their lives.

Anyway, grab a pair and try 'em out Dave.

joel_maxwell

I began clenching my toes because I was being cautious of my other injuries, and I think that was just the reaction:shrug:. But I put on the injinji socks and my feet and toes make great contact with the shoes and the ground and I feel so balanced with each step.

For the longest time I wanted to get Vibram 5 finger shoes and waited for my size to become available (love running barefoot) but as of late, I see too many yuppies and pop celebrites wearing them because they think they're cool, but they haven't run a day in their lives.

I tried these on this past weekend while at a local store. I thought I was for sure to not like my toes being seperated, but WOW, they were really comfy and I did a few laps around the inside of the store. I wouldnt mind a pair to try and get use to. Like you said though, it is so hard to get something, as silly as this sounds, like the 5 finger vibram due to the trend. It is the furry ugg boots of 2 years ago. Next year, the trend will shift to something else; luckily.

DisneyRunner

Lets face it, I'm starting over. After nine days at Disney and missing this weekend, I'm at ground zero. Today, I did a run/walk four miles. Tomorrow, I plan on strength training plus some type of cardio. I will have a time constraint to work with.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Lets face it, I'm starting over. After nine days at Disney and missing this weekend, I'm at ground zero. Today, I did a run/walk four miles. Tomorrow, I plan on strength training plus some type of cardio. I will have a time constraint to work with.

I hate the feeling of starting all over again. You'll get it back soon. We all get like that.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I tried these on this past weekend while at a local store. I thought I was for sure to not like my toes being seperated, but WOW, they were really comfy and I did a few laps around the inside of the store. I wouldnt mind a pair to try and get use to. Like you said though, it is so hard to get something, as silly as this sounds, like the 5 finger vibram due to the trend. It is the furry ugg boots of 2 years ago. Next year, the trend will shift to something else; luckily.

There's one guy who lives by me who wears them (Vibrams). He runs at a slow pace and wears a camelbak...but he does a marathon distance like every other day... his calves are freakin' pistons.

Phonedave

There is a (very breif) article on them in the current NJ - USATF newsletter. I looked at them too. When I run I try to minimize my heel strike. Not eliminate it, but just minimize it. It would be interesting to run a few miles in the 5-fingers.

-dave

dreamfinder

I bought a pair of the 5 fingers a month ago. They are wicked comfy. I love walking in them, so much safer than barefoot with all the broken glass on the roads around my home. Haven't done more than a quarter mile run in em though, tapering up with them doesn't really fit into the training schedule right now. I am a little concerned with their durability though. The seams on the toes, and that fabric in general may not hold up real well. And surprisingly, the soles are showing some strange wear in places. Hopefully it doesn't affect them as I normally hear great things about Vibram soles (and have no issues with the ones on my winter boots).

joel_maxwell

I bought a pair of the 5 fingers a month ago. They are wicked comfy. I love walking in them, so much safer than barefoot with all the broken glass on the roads around my home. Haven't done more than a quarter mile run in em though, tapering up with them doesn't really fit into the training schedule right now. I am a little concerned with their durability though. The seams on the toes, and that fabric in general may not hold up real well. And surprisingly, the soles are showing some strange wear in places. Hopefully it doesn't affect them as I normally hear great things about Vibram soles (and have no issues with the ones on my winter boots).
Did you get the running version of the 5 finger? I tried on the trail version. The place I visited didnt have the running style, but I know that the trail and I think the runner version have very nice medium arches for good support. That is one thing that i really liked.

It was a trying to get my 4 and 5th toe in the right sleeve though. :lol:

dreamfinder

Did you get the running version of the 5 finger? I tried on the trail version. The place I visited didnt have the running style, but I know that the trail and I think the runner version have very nice medium arches for good support. That is one thing that i really liked.

It was a trying to get my 4 and 5th toe in the right sleeve though. :lol:

I went for just the sprint. I got them as much to run, trail run/hike, go romping in the river with the dog. And the bikila aren't meant to get all nasty like that. If you are just going to run in them, then yeah, the bikila would probablly be a better option.

fractal

One of my worst days in awhile.:(

The first mile was brutal. My legs felt like lead. I stopped after a mile and a half to stretch and started to feel better. Ran another mile but by then my body was telling me to stop - so I did.

I walked back a mile, ran another 1/2 and walked the rest in.

I don't know if it was the heat or my aching hamstrings from pulling crab grass all weekend. Probably both.

Texas84

Also felt horrible today but went anyway. Might still be recovering from a weekend in Savannah. Fall is approaching. Nice day today. Wanted to quit after 2 miles but something kicked in and I sprinted the final half mile.

Phonedave

Who scheduled all this heat to come back ?

I was going to go out for 3-4 miles today, but I got home from a long day at work and said the heck with it.

Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning to make up for it.

-dave

joel_maxwell

I went for just the sprint. I got them as much to run, trail run/hike, go romping in the river with the dog. And the bikila aren't meant to get all nasty like that. If you are just going to run in them, then yeah, the bikila would probablly be a better option.
How bad do they smell after an exercise? Keen's are horrible smelling. I have never had anything like it. Granted, I dont own a pair, but my daughters will clear a room or make us roll down the windows on the way home from school. No other shoe does that with her feet but Keen's.

One of my worst days in awhile.:(

The first mile was brutal. My legs felt like lead. I stopped after a mile and a half to stretch and started to feel better. Ran another mile but by then my body was telling me to stop - so I did.

I walked back a mile, ran another 1/2 and walked the rest in.

I don't know if it was the heat or my aching hamstrings from pulling crab grass all weekend. Probably both.
Grab grass. I am supposed to have a long run Sunday but with college football on that night and some yard work to do saturday during the day, Ill go with Saturday morning.

Sorry for the struggles.

Who scheduled all this heat to come back ?

I was going to go out for 3-4 miles today, but I got home from a long day at work and said the heck with it.

Maybe I'll go tomorrow morning to make up for it.

-dave
Sometimes you have those days. Luckily, Sunday the weather made my mind up for me. Rained all day.

It was only 86 here today. It felt like a cold front. :D

4 miles
32:35
8.08 pace. *fist pump* I am very happy with this run today. I ran the hilly 4 mile version too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom