What did you do?

Phonedave

4 miles today

Never before pain in my left foot, on the outside of the arch. Hopefully it was just something wonky with my shoe and it wont happen again.

-dave

dreamfinder

I've been feeling really sluggish lately. I wonder if my allergies have anything to do with it but my breathing is all screwy and my legs feel like lead. :shrug:

Wouldn't surprise me. Thankfully I don't have bad allergies, but some of my co-workers describe symptoms exactly like you have. They have issues breathing and get all sluggish feeling.

Never before pain in my left foot, on the outside of the arch. Hopefully it was just something wonky with my shoe and it wont happen again.

Happens to me occasionally to. Usually goes away after an off day. Hopefully does that for you.

Did my 5k at race pace and felt great today, no issues at all. Good feeling.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks for the reminder.

I need to start working in more strength, stretching and core.

Time to dust off the 'ol P90X Dvds.:eek:
I started 1 month ago making myself do some core work everyday along with 30-60 push ups in different hand positions. Im just taking my favorite stuff from the P90X dvds. I dont have the energy to do that course again right now. :lol:

Only got in 4 miles today.

I've been feeling really sluggish lately. I wonder if my allergies have anything to do with it but my breathing is all screwy and my legs feel like lead. :shrug:
They can sure do it. Im fighting off something and I take a Claritan everyday. I would hate to see how bad my head would be if I didnt take something

4 miles today

-dave
I bet it is just something weird or a stinger. If it hurts more than 2 or 3 days, I hate to even mutter these words, but I hope you dont have a stress fracture.

Phonedave

6 miles today.

What a great run. I took yesterday off. Today was nice a cool. I took the insoles out of my shoes, made sure there were no lumps, and made sure my socks were OK.

No pain of any kind, just cruising along, no water breaks, no slowing down. Felt like I could have gone forever. Hopefully Wine & Dine feels the same way.

-dave

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
didn't feel like reading 600 posts so i skipped them all. I was complaining on the boards about getting rid of Country Bear Jamboree. I watched the video and only like 1 or 2 animatronics need updating (the video was on youtube in late june.)

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
didn't feel like reading 600 posts so i skipped them all. I was complaining on the boards about getting rid of Country Bear Jamboree. I watched the video and only like 1 or 2 animatronics need updating (the video was on youtube in late june.)

Interesting.:lookaroun

I did 3.1 miles tonight but I had dinner and icecream cake for my youngest's birthday so I was pretty sluggish. Plan on getting up in the morning and doing 7 or 8 miles.

I really didn't realize how much going back into the classroom and real shoes was going to tire me out...have to toughen up and get my butt inn gear.

joel_maxwell

6 miles today.

What a great run. I took yesterday off. Today was nice a cool. I took the insoles out of my shoes, made sure there were no lumps, and made sure my socks were OK.

No pain of any kind, just cruising along, no water breaks, no slowing down. Felt like I could have gone forever. Hopefully Wine & Dine feels the same way.

-dave
Good Job Dave. Glad you are back with no foot injury!

Riiiight. I think if you had read all 600 posts, you would probably have figured out this wasn't or isnt a confessional of your board sins, it is a "what did you do?" on the road/trail from running, walking or biking. But, at any rate, if you feel better then hey, we feel better. :lookaroun

EDIT:The post above ^ got me all off track. Anyway, I felt bad today. No a good run. 3.25 of a 4 mile run was just no fun. I had a decent pace but it hasnt been in the mid 90's in 2 weeks and boy it kicked my butt. 94 when I went out and I just couldnt get that 4 in before I saw Sam in the driveway waiting on me with 1 mile to go. So, I curved it back to the house and Im going to go out tomorrow morning and run first am when it is just me, the sunrise, the woman down the street that lets her dog crap in the middle of the street and the birds. Even if it is just 2 miles.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
good job dave. Glad you are back with no foot injury!

Riiiight. I think if you had read all 600 posts, you would probably have figured out this wasn't or isnt a confessional of your board sins, it is a "what did you do?" on the road/trail from running, walking or biking. But, at any rate, if you feel better then hey, we feel better. :lookaroun

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

fractal

6 miles today.

-dave

Nice and cool here too. Much better run - easy 5 mile run then took my wife out for dinner.

WishIwasThere

I did 13.2 miles yesterday in 2:20. I am so ready for the WDW 1/2. I'm psyched. I just need to find a 1/2 or a 10 K sometime soon so I can send a time in so I'm not in the last corral.

WondersOfLife

Good Job Dave. Glad you are back with no foot injury!

EDIT:The post above ^ got me all off track. Anyway, I felt bad today. No a good run. 3.25 of a 4 mile run was just no fun. I had a decent pace but it hasnt been in the mid 90's in 2 weeks and boy it kicked my butt. 94 when I went out and I just couldnt get that 4 in before I saw Sam in the driveway waiting on me with 1 mile to go. So, I curved it back to the house and Im going to go out tomorrow morning and run first am when it is just me, the sunrise, the woman down the street that lets her dog crap in the middle of the street and the birds. Even if it is just 2 miles.

I'm just saying I usually read all the posts before I post. Ya'll should lighten up! :animwink:

joel_maxwell

I'm just saying I usually read all the posts before I post. Ya'll should lighten up! :animwink:
:brick: Good lord.

And I was saying that you should have read the previous 600 posts and realized this really isnt the correct thread to post a confession that you were complaining about the CBJ and they need to replace 2 AA's. You might have figured that out if you had read the previous posts.

Sheesh! Whatever.

WondersOfLife

:brick: Good lord.

And I was saying that you should have read the previous 600 posts and realized this really isnt the correct thread to post a confession that you were complaining about the CBJ and they need to replace 2 AA's. You might have figured that out if you had read the previous posts.

Sheesh! Whatever.

Well there you have it. Most people on the boards just don't care what other people think and just think about themselves and try every way to make me mad and get banned. :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well there you have it. Most people on the boards just don't care what other people think and just think about themselves and try every way to make me mad and get banned. :rolleyes:

The whole point is, this isn't a thread about the Country Bear Jamboree, but a thread regarding running.

joel_maxwell

I mean seriously, I just dont know what to say.

The whole point is, this isn't a thread about the Country Bear Jamboree, but a thread regarding running.
I thought I made that clear a few posts ago, but apparently, it still hasn't sunk in.

Ok, sticking to the thread theme if that is ok with WondersOfLife, today I felt that yesterday's run was a little disappointing. I was a bit stressed about some of life's challenges today so I went and had a 2 mile jog just to clear my head.

Tomorrow is a nice 4 mile run. I wish I could say it was next Sunday's 14 mile run. :D

Phonedave

Nobody is trying to get you banned or mad.

This thread is in a section of WDWMagic called "Running at WDW" - which concentrates on the sport of running while at WDW.

This thread is called "What did you do" and is where people post what sort of training they are doing in preparation for running in WDW races.

Your post

Has nothing to do with running or training at all. That's what we are trying to say.

-dave

Phonedave

First I went out to RRS.

I picked up some of those spiffy injinji socks. They also had some Nike cool max shorts with built in compression shorts (I like 2 in 1 shorts) but get this, they have a small zip pocket sewn into them right in the waistband at the small of the back. How cool is that? So I had to buy them too. :)

Ran 12 miles today in the new socks and pants. (Getting ready for Wine and Dine :) )

Verdict - the socks are nothing special. My feet did not get quite a numb as normal, but I don't know if thats from the socks. They are very nice though, with no seams, but at $11 a pair, I don't see me buying loads of them.

The pants are great. Pocket holds a packet of GU Chomps perfectly and there is a small inner pocket where I stuck my key and some money (for a water stop). Only problem with the shorts is they chafe a bit. I didn't notice till I got home though. Some body glide should take care of that in the future.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom