What did you do?

Kristia

14 miles @ 11:37 pace. Felt really good today. We started our "official" marathon training by adding a walk at each mile for a minute since I know we aren't going to be able to run the whole thing straight through!

a2grafix

6 miles Saturday night in about 53 minutes (give or take 8:50 split) along the Mississippi River on Mud Island at dusk / twilight. Just looping around. Tried to get into Mud Island Park but it closed an hour earlier. Nice easy run, crossed the bridge twice. Stopped about a minute or so because I really didn't know how far the park trail covered (Should I go forward or should I go back??). It was around 80 at dusk with 55 percent humidity. Nice first Saturday of fall for a run. Might do 4-4.5 miles tonight, though a little cooler in the 60s.

Funny thing. Nearing my apartment for my cool down and stretch I saw a truck that had a graphics wrap that said 'Start 2 Finish." I was walking at the time, cooling down and not quite at my stretching spot. Still had quarter-mile to go, so I got my butt in motion and ran a few extra to reach my finish line.

Tower, I have trained for you. I am ready. See you Saturday night in Corral C. As Tony would say - "Bring It! X me!"

imagination30

a nice 75 degrees out side this afternoon.... a beautiful run .. 4.26 miles @ a 8:22 pace. (could have went longer but my calfs started cramping from my 8 miler yesterday :( )with 40 pushups post run..

dreamfinder

Weekend was by the book. 6 mi on Sat, 2 easy, 2 a MP, 2 easy. Felt really weird to do just that and at that pace. Sun was 13mi at 8:19. Once again, felt a little weird to be going at that pace. Putting my trust in the plan...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
After the Sept. 29 race I have told myself I am not going to stop running. I am already looking forward to running several 5Ks in and around the Memphis region. I have to, I need to keep active.

Definitely the toughest part for me! I sometimes need to have a race in the schedule to keep running especially when I first started. Now it is becoming a habit but I still like to have a race to look forward too! Good luck at the TOT race!

Not even six months in to my taking up running, I've come to realize that I need to be signed up for a 5K in order to get myself to stick with it. It's not that I don't enjoy it, I have come to, but it's too easy to let life get in the way.

JillC LI

This past year my hubby and DS got into playing paddleball. Yesterday I joined them with DD for the first time. I had played a lot of tennis as a kid but never paddleball. Because the racquet is shorter than a tennis racquet, I kept misjudging my swing, and the ball would pass just beyond my racquet. But when I finally started to judge it correctly, I had a pretty solid swing, and I was able to keep some strong rallies going with my hubby and even get a few points off him when we tried a game. We all played for over an hour, and it was exhausting but a blast. Today, though, my shoulder and arm are killing me! LOL. Oh, and to top off the cross-training yesterday, we all rode our bikes from home to the paddleball courts 2 miles away and back for a little added exercise.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi all!! I haven't checked in in forever! How is everybody?

I've been in a serious funk for about three weeks now. :( Back to school for the kiddos likely has me out of sync. Getting a 2- and 4-year-old ready every morning for preschool is just wearing me out. I am trying to juggle so much right now, that running/caring for myself is coming in dead last.

I did no running at all last week of Aug/first week of Sept, but got back into it last week. Got in two TM runs of 1.6 miles each, and banged out another 1.6 mile run this past Monday when I was extremely PO'd at my husband. :mad:

Anywho.....I'm signed up for a local 5K next weekend, but I'm a little worried since my 2-week layoff has totally sapped my endurance. I'm due to run tonight and I'm gonna try for 2 miles.

Hope everyone is doing well, and sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. ;)

Witchy

You're not alone--I slacked off for most of the month of August (totally not accustomed to running in heat/humidity), and I don't even have the excuse of kids! I've been doing better the last two weeks--I have to, if I don't want to feel like a total failure at the Happy Haunted 5K this weekend!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
This past year my hubby and DS got into playing paddleball. Yesterday I joined them with DD for the first time. I had played a lot of tennis as a kid but never paddleball. Because the racquet is shorter than a tennis racquet, I kept misjudging my swing, and the ball would pass just beyond my racquet. But when I finally started to judge it correctly, I had a pretty solid swing, and I was able to keep some strong rallies going with my hubby and even get a few points off him when we tried a game. We all played for over an hour, and it was exhausting but a blast. Today, though, my shoulder and arm are killing me! LOL. Oh, and to top off the cross-training yesterday, we all rode our bikes from home to the paddleball courts 2 miles away and back for a little added exercise.
I love playing or doing a sport you havent done in a long time and feeling the burn/pain on the second and third day in muscles you didnt know existed. When you are sore that day or first thing the next morning, you know it is going to be bad. ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning.

115 push-ups (after every run for the last few weeks).

IT started up again around mile 18. I'll be rolling and icing tonight.

Shooting for 165-170 mi this week.

No slacking off folks!! Find your fire and run like hell!

Mickey&Minnie

wasn't that great of a run day for me. I was able to squeeze out 4 very slow miles, but then headed to the gym and hop on the bike for 8.5 miles. I think the heat was getting to me outside and those dang bugs that kept flying in my face. I feel like I redeemed myself tho after my stationary bike ride with a nice leg workout and yoga.

Mr mom

Back from NH, no running there, unless 20lbs of crap and 2 mile walks counts,lol Back to normal today 6.4 and 30 minutes with the weights.

Kristia

wasn't that great of a run day for me. I was able to squeeze out 4 very slow miles, but then headed to the gym and hop on the bike for 8.5 miles. I think the heat was getting to me outside and those dang bugs that kept flying in my face. I feel like I redeemed myself tho after my stationary bike ride with a nice leg workout and yoga.
Miles are miles! Its good you were able to do them. Luckily the weather here is nice and cool although I hear it might be 80 with thunderstorms tomorrow!:eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Shut down all "other" training this week except for running. I want to be as fresh as possible. It is a foreign and odd feeling to be honest. I almost feel as something is wrong in my legs as apposed to something right. Rested Sunday and today. Weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom