What did you do?

Mad Stitch

5 miles tonight, and some guy tried to run me down with his truck! I stepped foot into the crosswalk before this guy even reached the stop sign. He then sped up and ran the stop sign, turned 90 degrees straight at me, and then swerved around me at the last second. I really don't think it was a case of he didn't see me. The sun was still up, I was running west while he was driving east so it's not like I ran up beside him from behind, and he turned sharply enough that he was in the oncoming lane just before he would have hit me. What a jerk.

LindsayLoves

5 miles tonight, and some guy tried to run me down with his truck! I stepped foot into the crosswalk before this guy even reached the stop sign. He then sped up and ran the stop sign, turned 90 degrees straight at me, and then swerved around me at the last second. I really don't think it was a case of he didn't see me. The sun was still up, I was running west while he was driving east so it's not like I ran up beside him from behind, and he turned sharply enough that he was in the oncoming lane just before he would have hit me. What a jerk.

Ugh what is wrong with people?! A few months back I had a guy come down a LONG driveway and as soon as I was crossing it he floored the gas and nearly hit me making no indication that it was a mistake.

LindsayLoves

4.90 mi at 9'01" average. It was supposed to be a short run because I did a hill loop twice and thought I would be beat, I felt so good I tacked on almost a mile more. Also felt so good I almost forgot to stretch afterwards, oops!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this am in 50 degree weather. What an awesome morning. I passed this guy walking his dog and he was in sweatpants, a jacket and beanie cap. Dude, it isnt 30. I was in my running shorts and a tech shirt.... and sweating pretty good.

Swimming tomorrow. The pool will be chilly. Very chilly!

Mr mom

Im not sure what region you are in, but it was delightful in Alabama.

HAHAHA, I was in Alabama a few years ago in october, it was 87 plus humidity. That would be a hot day in the middle of July where I live. Hot by the standards we go by where I live would most likely be sweater weather for you,lol. Drive to Maine, go north a few hundred miles into Canada, then turn east to the atlantic ocean and you will find Halifax NS, where I live, a warmer place in the province compared to where I am from.( Cape Breton Island) Where I grew up early may was when the ice flows came down from up north and it never got above 70 until july.

Mr mom

My usual 6.4 and weights and abdominals. Off to New Hampshire for Nascar now, give my body a break and my belly food it craves,lol

joel_maxwell

HAHAHA, I was in Alabama a few years ago in october, it was 87 plus humidity. That would be a hot day in the middle of July where I live. Hot by the standards we go by where I live would most likely be sweater weather for you,lol. Drive to Maine, go north a few hundred miles into Canada, then turn east to the atlantic ocean and you will find Halifax NS, where I live, a warmer place in the province compared to where I am from.( Cape Breton Island) Where I grew up early may was when the ice flows came down from up north and it never got above 70 until july.
Dont get me wrong. I got married on December 26 years ago outside. It was 60 and sunny. Everyone was concerned about the weather and I laughed and said, "It is Alabama. We have a 50/50 chance that we will be sweating in our suits during the service" Im sure we will have a heat wave come back through.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just around 25 miles this morning. Pretty much the same all week. IT is feeling better.

Getting a long run in tommorrow, 30+ miles.

I might be running the Oil Creek 100 in October as well. A buddy of mine had to pull out due to injury and is trying to transfer his bib to me. For those who don't know, OC100 is killer. It's a 4 point race qualifier for the UTMB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, 166km or 103 miles) in France through the alps; which one needs a total of 7 points to register. So, hopefully I'll get his bib, earn 4 points, and get another bada-- 100 miler buckle!

Cheers to the Fall!

Witchy Chick

As mentioned in previous posts, training has been a struggle for the past couple of months, particularly with lung capacity issues that I never have experienced before. I had a cough that lingered for about six weeks this summer.......I think the mystery is close to being solved.....Finally, we looked in the storage areas in the basement on the non-painted sheetrock surfaces, which had a stamp reading "MADE IN CHINA."

Oh my goodness!! Glad that you found the problem. Hopefully, removing the drywall gets you all back into good health soon.

Low 30s here. But age has nothing to do with it. Yes, most people do post their fastest times in their 20s-30s, but as you get older you tend to get endurance built up. That said, you can definitely do better. You just need to keep at it and keep it up.

Ooops. Don't read that last post of mine where I stated I did no running for two weeks. :oops:

Did the Color Run 5K this morning with family and friends. Then danced my off for 2 hours after that.
SO MUCH FUN!!!

Very cool. I’m going to be on the lookout for that race in the future. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Tex and Mad Stitch – belated congrats on your coast to coast medals, and your PRs! Awesome!!

Fievel – congrats on your Tough Mudder!!

Kristia – congrats on your PR in the RnR half!! Very cool looking medal.

OMG. I would have been livid (and scared to death).

OK -- I'm all caught up (I think). :D If I missed "congrats" to anyone -- my apologies. And......congrats. ;)

Witchy

JillC LI

Idiots.

Just around 25 miles this morning. Pretty much the same all week. IT is feeling better.

I might be running the Oil Creek 100 in October as well. A buddy of mine had to pull out due to injury and is trying to transfer his bib to me. For those who don't know, OC100 is killer. It's a 4 point race qualifier for the UTMB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, 166km or 103 miles) in France through the alps; which one needs a total of 7 points to register. So, hopefully I'll get his bib, earn 4 points, and get another bada-- 100 miler buckle!

Cheers to the Fall!

It'd be cool to run through the Alps, dontcha think?

As for me, debating whether to do my 4 miles on the TM or outdoors later today. It's a speedwork day, and I can be more on target with my speedwork on the TM, but the weather is so lovely in the 60s with no humidity. Since I have no internal pacer, my outdoor speedwork is always all over the map pacing-wise. We'll see.

fmingo36

Cheers to the Fall!
If anyone can do it, You can!

Texas84

In two years I've had maybe three idiots try to play "Get as close as possible to the runner." Most drivers here have been awesome and some even stop if there is two-way traffic.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Side note: Maintaining my toenails constantly is a pain in the a--. They cause too many issues during races and I don't need that extra problem during my 500 mile...so, I am having them surgically removed, and acid poured into the nail-beds to keep them from growing back.
Good bye!

fmingo36

Side note: Maintaining my toenails constantly is a pain in the a--. They cause too many issues during races and I don't need that extra problem during my 500 mile...so, I am having them surgically removed, and acid poured into the nail-beds to keep them from growing back.
Good bye!
Now that's a pretty thought. o_O

joel_maxwell

Good bye!
When I stay at your casa for our group marathon one day, please keep those feet away from me. I have a mild foot phobia and toenail'less feet might do me in. :D
Don't you wish you were Mrs. Machine...Alison will be getting a nice necklace with 10 charms after this surgery :D
I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

Oh dear God! LOL

Other than that, I would do that same if I was running 500 miles.

Kristia

Good bye!
I just had I think the most visceral shiver after reading that....
Don't you wish you were Mrs. Machine...Alison will be getting a nice necklace with 10 charms after this surgery :D
She is one lucky girl! If only my husband was that thoughtful...NOT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom