What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
After looking at some members "Member Since" dates below their avatars, there are respectably a lot of members in here that have been on wdwmagic for a long time. Very impressive place. Dang, Brad has been around 3 more years than I have. Did we have internet back then. LOL

As for me this am, 3 mile run at a 9 min pace average. Then biked 4.25 miles. Swimming tomorrow.

I was around before that date...I was a member of the old boards...June 4, 2001 is when we moved to this forum.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
That's why we need you here Nick....to remind us that the pride of accomplishing what others think is crazy far exceeds all the work and pain we go through to get it done.

It's all relative. I cannot describe the feeling I had crossing the finish line at 4am after running for 100 miles non-stop. My eyes hurt from crying and fatigue. I wanted to puke and laugh at the insanity. I get that feeling every morning when I put on that buckle.
Push beyond what you think is crazy, and that will become normal. And then keep pushing. Rock on man.

Ariel484

Yesterday evening did 3 miles - 10:29 pace. Pretty good considering I didn't feel like going out to run yesterday but I forced myself! Glad I did.

Quite often I find that the times when I don't want to get my a** out the door - but I do - are the times that I have my best runs. :) Way to go!

fmingo36

Up and out early this morning. 7 miles at a 10:30 pace. No sun out but it was still 82 degrees with 81% humidity. BLAH! Heading to gym now for an hour of yoga/pilates. Time to get my OHMMMMM on.

dreamfinder

Well, I didn't get that warm of a reception....... :( :p ;)

Holla next time you feel the urge, we will see if we can hook you up. = p

Only a mile in this morning at the local High School track. My daughter who just turned 8 is training to run The Color Run 5K with me in less than a month. I know she won't be able to run the whole thing but I'm proud of her for even wanting to try. I will say she is fast, much faster than her mother, for short distances. Who knows maybe you'll see her at the 2020 Olympics in the 100, 200, or 400 meter races.

The Color Run looks like fun. But the reports I've heard is that they need to stagger the heats more. End up with a lot of congestion and backups mid course. Speed doesn't seem to be the main point with these ones.

Race last night wasn't bad. Was a minute off my PR, but pretty much right where I thought I would be. Still amazed at the fact that the purse for this race brings in a van of runners from NYC who smoke the course in 14 mins.

Witchy Chick

Holla next time you feel the urge, we will see if we can hook you up. = p

5Ks hopefully won't have me puking. I hope..... o_O

Race last night wasn't bad. Was a minute off my PR, but pretty much right where I thought I would be. Still amazed at the fact that the purse for this race brings in a van of runners from NYC who smoke the course in 14 mins.

5K in 14 mins?? Wowza......

I ran on the TM last night. 2.59 miles in 37 mins. A few minutes in I was feeling slow, so I increased my speed a bit on the back half of the run.

Last four runs have been 2 miles or better; last three have been right around 2.5 (2.65, 2.45, 2.59). Gettin' there....... :)

Witchy

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Only a mile in this morning at the local High School track. My daughter who just turned 8 is training to run The Color Run 5K with me in less than a month. I know she won't be able to run the whole thing but I'm proud of her for even wanting to try. I will say she is fast, much faster than her mother, for short distances. Who knows maybe you'll see her at the 2020 Olympics in the 100, 200, or 400 meter races.
That is so awesome. I think Im going to try and see if Isabeau wants to do the kid marathon here locally. I need to see age requirements etc.

Way to go girl! Be a warrior like your momma!

Up and out early this morning. 7 miles at a 10:30 pace. No sun out but it was still 82 degrees with 81% humidity. BLAH! Heading to gym now for an hour of yoga/pilates. Time to get my OHMMMMM on.
Those are typically my most beneficial runs. From a mental and physical accomplishment standpoint. I probably dont gain anything, since normally if I dont want to go run, I didnt get enough sleep so Im tired.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I decided to ease back into things rather than jumping in with both feet. I thought that was a better strategy to avoid injuring my knee again and relapsing with this stupid cold. So instead of 7 miles I ran 5.31 @ 9.33 avg. pace. I'm aiming for 10K on Sunday and then back to my regular routine starting Weds.

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am. I got serious and I have seen major improvement in the last 2 weeks. I should say results. Swimming is humbling and the hardest thing I have ever done athletically and aerobically. I up'd my laps today with a combo of Breast and Crawl strokes. 24 total.

4 down and backs of Breast
4 down and backs of Crawl
2 down and backs of Breast
2 down and backs of Crawls

Long Run tomorrow. 9 or 10 miles. Cant recall. Happy Friday folks.

joel_maxwell

I decided to ease back into things rather than jumping in with both feet. I thought that was a better strategy to avoid injuring my knee again and relapsing with this stupid cold. So instead of 7 miles I ran 5.31 @ 9.33 avg. pace. I'm aiming for 10K on Sunday and then back to my regular routine starting Weds.
Way to be smart!

fmingo36

Swimming this am. I got serious and I have seen major improvement in the last 2 weeks. I should say results. Swimming is humbling and the hardest thing I have ever done athletically and aerobically. I up'd my laps today with a combo of Breast and Crawl strokes. 24 total.

4 down and backs of Breast
4 down and backs of Crawl
2 down and backs of Breast
2 down and backs of Crawls

Long Run tomorrow. 9 or 10 miles. Cant recall. Happy Friday folks.

I bet it makes you really appreciate what Michael Phelps has been able to accomplish in his swim carreer!
I know I didn't appreciate other runners accomplishments until I started running myself and now know how physically and mentally taxing it can be sometimes.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We had a rough start to the day....the youngest was up at 5:30. My wife was nice enough to take care of her, while I slept. I got up around 7, and then told her to catch some sleep. She woke up about 90 minutes later and started changing into running clothes. She told me she was going to go to they gym, to which I responded, "You know if you workout, I'm going to have to go when you get back."

When she returned from the gym, I went out and got 3.75 miles at a 10:55 pace.

We turned a bad start into a good day :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22 miles in pouring rain and lightening, followed by 135 push ups.

Official taper begins.

Alot of stretching and some core excercises this weekend. Funny (and dumb), but I didn't stretch once when I ran my last 100 in March. I woke up, geared up, ate breakfast, bulls----ed with some folks, and ran my a-- into the ground. I was jogging the next day and running 80% that week. I'm going to assume that was a lucky hand. Not taking any chances this time!

joel_maxwell

Its not always easy :D lol
I know... stubborn usually wins out in my case, so I get really excited when i or someone else does something smart pertaining to a running injury. LOL
I bet it makes you really appreciate what Michael Phelps has been able to accomplish in his swim carreer!
I know I didn't appreciate other runners accomplishments until I started running myself and now know how physically and mentally taxing it can be sometimes.
OMG. Yes... I applaud the guys that I swim next to at the Y. Most are 70.3 swim cap wearing bad a**es. They make me look like a fool out there, but Im getting better. Im really excited about my Breast stroke too. It is getting better and faster. More efficient. Crawl is still whipping me, but Im not going to let it win. Head looking straight down if not 5 feet behind you, butt up and I seem to fly. Get tired and you lose that form, you start to spend more energy etc etc.
We had a rough start to the day....the youngest was up at 5:30. My wife was nice enough to take care of her, while I slept. I got up around 7, and then told her to catch some sleep. She woke up about 90 minutes later and started changing into running clothes. She told me she was going to go to they gym, to which I responded, "You know if you workout, I'm going to have to go when you get back."

When she returned from the gym, I went out and got 3.75 miles at a 10:55 pace.

We turned a bad start into a good day :)
We all have those days with kids. My 1 year old was up last night at 2am... and some people let it wipe them the next day... and some people laugh in the face of life handing you an excuse. Nice job. The drive to the pool this morning was rough, but we did it.
22 miles in pouring rain and lightening, followed by 135 push ups.

Official taper begins.

Alot of stretching and some core excercises this weekend. Funny (and dumb), but I didn't stretch once when I ran my last 100 in March. I woke up, geared up, ate breakfast, bulls----ed with some folks, and ran my a-- into the ground. I was jogging the next day and running 80% that week. I'm going to assume that was a lucky hand. Not taking any chances this time!
You better live on that foam roller this week.

imagination30

85 degrees , but felt like 100 due to the humity.. ( thats alabama , for ya) , but 6.06 miles @ a 9:02 pace. - just hope it cools down by sept 1 , for my 10 k , bc i felt a little slugish out there..

joel_maxwell

85 degrees , but felt like 100 due to the humity.. ( thats alabama , for ya) , but 6.06 miles @ a 9:02 pace. - just hope it cools down by sept 1 , for my 10 k , bc i felt a little slugish out there..
I didnt know or realize you were a fellow Alabamaian. This morning, 72 and 92%. LOVE. IT.

joel_maxwell

8.14 miles this morning. I worked really hard this week so my legs were jelly. That is fine, that is training in itself for the last 10K of a full. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom