What did you do?

dreamfinder

Normal 5k at the gym. Still trying to get my legs loosened back up and back to normal.

Yeah, I was shocked that the the other 2 Americans dropped out so early. I was also disappointed that they didn't show more of Meb's race...I mean, he climbed from, like, 15th to 4th place! Boo NBC :(

Agreed. NBC did an iffy job this Olympics. I was surprised that they actually did choose to show both the Mens and Womens marathon live, even though their coverage was a bit meh during the event.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20.75 mi this morning. Last "long run" for the week. Light jogs until wednesday, and walk on Thursday with my pacer to go over race logistics.

Get out and run hard this week!
Its almost "go time"
Hi all. Finally checking in for the first time in days. Sounds like everyone's been keeping busy this weekend. I had a really nice 7 mile run at 10:05 min pace Sunday morning which was surprising since I had insomnia the night before and only got a total of about 2 hours combined of sleep. After my early run, I showered and headed to Fire Island with my family for the day where we did our usual 5 mile round trip walk along the beach into one of the little towns and climbing the lighthouse (192 steps). Last night I sure slept well!
Ok, I need to go here to train for Ruffner Mtn. I really need to run stadium stairs about once a week starting yesterday (for that mid October Race)

Witchy Chick

I got 2 miles in on the TM last night. Right calf was tight the whole time, so I cut the running off at 2 miles rather than pushing it. Some IT updates were needed on the TM (DH bought a TM with built-in tablet so he has some "entertainment" while running). While the updates were running, I did some lunges and stretched out both calves nice and good. Prob should've fired up the TM and ran some more. haha

Witchy

Mickey&Minnie

4 miles last night at a very slow pace. Below marathon cut off pace but barely...oh well it will get better and I always run faster on race day. I followed up my run with an hour yoga class and a zumba class. It was my normal monday night.
My hubby is out of town for 2 weeks so I hope to get a lot of gym time in. Looking forward to it.

JillC LI

Its almost "go time"
Ok, I need to go here to train for Ruffner Mtn. I really need to run stadium stairs about once a week starting yesterday (for that mid October Race)

I'm not sure this would be a good place to do that training. It's spiral staircase with narrow metal steps and a rope as a handrail, and the top 8 steps are a ladder to the outside viewing area. If there's anyone else going up or down, you really have to wait to go at their speed if you get stuck behind them.

Last night I squeezed in 5 miles outdoors, and despite the heat and humidity, I kept up a 9:49 minute pace which surprised and pleased me. For the past few days I've had a strange pulled muscle pain in the outer side of my lower calf (what muscle is there? - it's not the calf or shin muscle but somewhere in the middle) but it actually felt better to run on it than walk on it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.57 miles this morning.

Jogging close to 10 mi tomorrow.

Walk on Thursday.

It's weird, before every race, my body starts feeling these little annoying pains that I've never felt before. It's like the body is going through a check list of the punishment I'm about to place on it. People, this s--t is going to hurt, alot.

imagination30

wasnt feeling it that much tonight so , i decided to take a shorter route.. , so my 5.42 wasnt the best i have had.. kinda sluggish.. @ a 8:57 pace , going to up and take a look at the 10 k course tomorrow .. :)

Texas84

I have a confession: I've been on the road and haven't done anything for 9 days. I'm home now and got my lazy self out of bed at 0530 today for a 3-miler. Took it slow and felt good. Beat my ToT goal pace with an NS. It's still freaking humid. Final push for Disneyland! :D

LindsayLoves

From yesterday afternoon. 4.01 miles @ 9:23 pace.

My monthly goal of running under 10:00mi average for all my runs this month looks like it might just happen if I keep having runs like that. Yay! :D (hoping I just didn't jinx myself....)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm in a taper this week....I really wanted to run last night, but my wife reminded me that I am supposed to be healing up a couple nagging injuries, and that if I want to run 16 miles on Saturday, I better save it for the course.

We run the Madison Mini Marathon on Saturday. it has a brutal stretch through the University Arboretum that goes uphill for about 3 miles. It killed us last year.

The good news about that race is the fact I'll collect 2 medals for it. One for finishing that race, and another for finishing the M2 Challenge for finishing both the Summerfest Rock n Sole 1/2 and the Madison Mini. (Both races are run by the same company.)

After the morning 1/2, I'll go onto Warrior Dash in the afternoon, where I will be running with my co-workers. I'll collect 3 medals in total. :)

Kristia

I'm in a taper this week....I really wanted to run last night, but my wife reminded me that I am supposed to be healing up a couple nagging injuries, and that if I want to run 16 miles on Saturday, I better save it for the course.

We run the Madison Mini Marathon on Saturday. it has a brutal stretch through the University Arboretum that goes uphill for about 3 miles. It killed us last year.

The good news about that race is the fact I'll collect 2 medals for it. One for finishing that race, and another for finishing the M2 Challenge for finishing both the Summerfest Rock n Sole 1/2 and the Madison Mini. (Both races are run by the same company.)

After the morning 1/2, I'll go onto Warrior Dash in the afternoon, where I will be running with my co-workers. I'll collect 3 medals in total. :)
Sounds like a busy weekend! :)

Mickey&Minnie

Wow that's a busy race day! Enjoy every bit of it!

Mickey&Minnie

No running yesterday but got together with some girl friends and played tennis for two hours. It was a wonderful workout and felt pretty good with the cross training of sorts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5.10 mile this am. I have gotten so accustom to negatively splitting things, I dont even realize im doing it till Im done. I guess the "start out slow" mentality of a (for others it is different) 9:30 pace, get comfortable, then speed it up.

This am:
9:31 flat
9:26 hills
9:08 hills
8:50 flat'ish
8:20 flat

Im starting to look at shoes. My legs are constantly sore and fatigued. I dont think it is the swimming or biking. It is a different sore than exercise sore. i think it is from the impact. Never had this, so im looking seriously at a pair of Hoka's. High price tag, but if you get double the mileage, extra life out of your legs, Im down with it. Thanks Nick for the questions answered today. I think ill call you contact tomorrow and discuss. Bondi B's or Mafate here I come.

Witchy Chick

It's weird, before every race, my body starts feeling these little annoying pains that I've never felt before. It's like the body is going through a check list of the punishment I'm about to place on it. People, this s--t is going to hurt, alot.

BoB is this weekend? Good luck!!! Hopefully those aches and pains don't bother you too much.

Wow -- busy Saturday. Good luck in your races!!

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
5.10 mile this am. I have gotten so accustom to negatively splitting things, I dont even realize im doing it till Im done. I guess the "start out slow" mentality of a (for others it is different) 9:30 pace, get comfortable, then speed it up.

This am:
9:31 flat
9:26 hills
9:08 hills
8:50 flat'ish
8:20 flat

Im starting to look at shoes. My legs are constantly sore and fatigued. I dont think it is the swimming or biking. It is a different sore than exercise sore. i think it is from the impact. Never had this, so im looking seriously at a pair of Hoka's. High price tag, but if you get double the mileage, extra life out of your legs, Im down with it. Thanks Nick for the questions answered today. I think ill call you contact tomorrow and discuss. Bondi B's or Mafate here I come.

No problem buddy. Alot of us ultra peeps swear by them, others hate them. Friend of mine just got sponsorship from them.
They are pricey, but worth it. You won't believe how light they are compared to your reg shoes, especially for their size. Given what we talled about, you might be suited to the Bondi or the Stinson EVO. The Mafate is alot of shoe and holds up well in bad conditions and the 150 mi weeks. I'm glad I got into those before every ultrarunner starting jumping on the bandwagon: loving them or hating.

imagination30

went and got fimluar with the 10 K course, at montesano state park in huntsville al today.. yay! .. and then came home and ran 6.32 miles , and i hit mile 6 @ 53:37 , yes!..... and did it all in a pace of 8:57

Kristia

4 miles @ 10:21 pace. I am pretty pleased with that! :) Not so pleased with my Garmin 405 watch lately though. Seems like lately everytime I do an evening short run the satellites are off. When I do my weekend long runs during the morning it keeps track of mileage fine. Not sure what is up with that. It is usually about .05 miles off but is sometimes off by as much as 0.1 miles. Hoping it is just the weather...

LindsayLoves

3.92 mi @ 9:45/mi. Felt great in the beginning and wanted to go for 5-6 miles but then my stomach said no and I had to restrain myself from getting sick the last mile and a half. Glad I could fight through the near puke situation though I wasn't so lucky by the time I got home...:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom