What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

Ran 5 miles this morning at an 8:00/mile pace. I will be performing the Game Day asylum workout in a couple hours. I will be increasing my mileage soon so I can gear up for upcoming races and ultimately the goofy challenge. My next official race will probably be the Towpath Half. I want to do the heroes run and Akron Half in September, but my brother is getting married in the middle of the month so I'm going to be busy with best man duties. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

Later Days!

Kristia

No running today but I actually did some cross-training. Well, not your conventional cross-training! :) Time to start stocking hay for winter so we loaded 60 bales into the trailer brought it home and had to lug it up a flight of stairs into our hayloft. We had a pulley but it broke so now doing it the hard way. I think I sweated more doing that than I do when we do a long run! Tomorrow we have an 8 miler on the schedule!

Mad Stitch

10 miles today in the high 60's with a misty rain. It sure felt good running in those conditions after all the heat and humidity we all have been experiencing. Now the ramp down begins as I head into the stretch for the Disneyland Half Marathon.

imagination30

proof that mama wants her body back isnt for just women... , i learn tonight , thats its insanity for women. haha .. - did 2 videos tonight , mamma wants her body back , then Mamma wants her abs back.. wow!.. and combine that with my run in the morning.. !- did a hour of core tonight!

fmingo36

An hour of yoga and a 5.75 miles run this morning. Tough run for me. Just wasn't into it mentally and I think I pushed my pace at first to "get it over with". But then I had a hard time with my heartrate and breath control on the loop back. Oh well-lesson learned--keep to my comfortable pace.
Hoping to get another mile or so in at the track later with my daughter.

a2grafix

Technically ran 3 miles the past 2 days, in about a 12-hour span. Each were 1.5 miles. Let me explain.

On Sunday had to complete the almighty and sometimes challenging Air Force fitness exam, which calls for waist measurement, sits and push-ups in 60 seconds and a 1.5 mile timed run. Everything is based on age group and I'm in the 40-49 range. Some of the requirements are reduced but the challenge is there. Saturday evening I was thinking of running 3 miles, my normal outing, but it was so cool outside in Northwest Ohio, about 68 and falling with 50 percent humidity, so I decided to challenge myself and run 1.5 miles just to see where I am at.

I did the Air Force fitness test in early May as a practice and I did really good, except for the waist. If you fail any of the 4 components you fail the test. I was 1 inch over my waist max. Since I have been training for the Tower of Terror 10 miler since late May, I've have been able to get a good pace and rack up the miles. Last night I ran a little over 12 minutes, about 12:05 for the 1.5 mile. My split was around 8:03, which is not too bad for a 42-year-old.

I also ran through CardioX from P90X last night, just in case. Didn't eat too much over the 12-14 hours - a protein mix shake with fresh fruit, a bowl of cereal with fresh fruit, and a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit and a cup of coffee. I was feeling it come test time.

Come Sunday morning, I ended up getting 1 inch under my waist max, so I was good since I can pump out the sits and push-ups. I did 41 push-ups and 45 sit-ups, which is almost max for my age range. Then came the run - 3 laps around the base solar track, which is 800 meters one lap. I was in the first of two heats, the faster heat based on my mile split times, and I finished the run in 12:42, some 2:10 under the max run time for my age group. It was a nice mid-morning for a run, low 70s with low humidity, bright sunshine, and a 5-10 mph wind from the west. Pretty nice. The 12:42 was my PR as last time in May I ran 12:59, and that was before the Tower 10-miler training program kicked in.

I was surprised that my 800 meter split time was 3:55 and my 1 mile split time was 8:20. Ran really well, though some thought I could break the 12-minute mark. Felt really good, steady, and passed a few younger runners in my heat.

On top of that was tempted to run 3 more miles tonight, but ended up watching the London Games closing ceremonies. I guess a run is in store Monday.

dreamfinder

Sat was 9 mi on TM followed by like 8 on the bike (didn't pay attention), Sun was 3 outside with my DW at her pace, then 9 on the TM followed by 15-20 minutes of core/pylo. Noticed that my IT band was ridiculously sore/tight again, wondering if that is the source of my recent issues. Going to try to focus more on getting that loose again going forward.

Watched parts of the mens marathon Sun morning, was a bit disappointed to see Hall bow out so early, along with the 3rd guy (whose name escapes me). Glad to see Meb finish 4th, it had seemed like he was going to be way out of it during the middle of the race.

Ariel484

Watched parts of the mens marathon Sun morning, was a bit disappointed to see Hall bow out so early, along with the 3rd guy (whose name escapes me). Glad to see Meb finish 4th, it had seemed like he was going to be way out of it during the middle of the race.

Yeah, I was shocked that the the other 2 Americans dropped out so early. I was also disappointed that they didn't show more of Meb's race...I mean, he climbed from, like, 15th to 4th place! Boo NBC :(

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
3.5 miles in a late workout last night after work with coworkers. Going to be a light week with 2 races on Saturday looming...

Joshua&CalebDad

I got my 2.5 in this morning in about 25 minutes. I'll push up to three miles next week and then start training for my 8k in November, which is my new hurdle. On a side note, it was so pleasant to run this morning. Granted it was 5 am but at least it was only 60 and not 75-75 like it has been all summer. Come on fall, I can't wait for cooler weather to start running in the afternoon again, these AM runs are brutal.

I'm hoping to do a five mile bike ride tomorrow and every other day thereafter to prepare for a race I have in two weekends. Wish me luck.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.75 mi this morning. Last "long run" for the week. Light jogs until wednesday, and walk on Thursday with my pacer to go over race logistics.

Get out and run hard this week!

JillC LI

Hi all. Finally checking in for the first time in days. Sounds like everyone's been keeping busy this weekend. I had a really nice 7 mile run at 10:05 min pace Sunday morning which was surprising since I had insomnia the night before and only got a total of about 2 hours combined of sleep. After my early run, I showered and headed to Fire Island with my family for the day where we did our usual 5 mile round trip walk along the beach into one of the little towns and climbing the lighthouse (192 steps). Last night I sure slept well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom