What did you do?

Mickey&Minnie

21 miles this morning. Pulling back just slightly for next weekend's 100mi.

Conversation with some guy at Asbury Park Convention Hall (where I grab some water or iced espresso :D):

Guy in line: How far do you walk?
Me: Hey friend, I may not be sprinting a 5:30 pace, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that you can consider what you just saw me doing, "walking..." ( I was doing a 7:45-8 min pace when he saw me)
Guy in line: oh, sorry. How far do you run everyday?
Me: 25-30 miles every morning. Sometimes further on Friday.
Guy: WOW, what are you training for?
Me: a 500 mile mountain run
Guy: #blank stare............

Run hard folks.

This made me chuckle out loud. You crack me up!

Kristia

Rotten day for me....since we were just talking horses last week...my friend's horse died today. He lived at my house so it was like one of my own passed away. :(

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
21 miles this morning. Pulling back just slightly for next weekend's 100mi.

Conversation with some guy at Asbury Park Convention Hall (where I grab some water or iced espresso :D):

Guy in line: How far do you walk?
Me: Hey friend, I may not be sprinting a 5:30 pace, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that you can consider what you just saw me doing, "walking..." ( I was doing a 7:45-8 min pace when he saw me)
Guy in line: oh, sorry. How far do you run everyday?
Me: 25-30 miles every morning. Sometimes further on Friday.
Guy: WOW, what are you training for?
Me: a 500 mile mountain run
Guy: #blank stare............

Run hard folks.
LOL... nice Nick. Way to represent.

Reminds me of the guys I see around here sometimes and in the past on hot summer mornings. Im a few miles deep into a medium or long run and they blow past me with absolutely no fluids, basketball type shorts and a cotton tshirt. They have the posture as if to say, "Move over slow poke, Im gonna blow past you on my 1 mile run. You run a lot?"

Cracks me up.

joel_maxwell

Rotten day for me....since we were just talking horses last week...my friend's horse died today. He lived at my house so it was like one of my own passed away. :(
Sorry to hear that.
a good record day for me.. lets just say a 6 miler turned in to a 8 .13 miler in 1:17 , and a pace of 9:28 .
a bit of frustion build up so , like forrest , i ran , and i ran!;)
I love when you add distance and it is a) unintentional b) still fun c) you log a better time than expected otherwise.
6.25 miles in 80 minutes
followed by a yoga class and a zumba class
There you go. Nice work out

LindsayLoves

Yesterday afternoon - 4.12 mi @10:08 pace. I was shooting for 5 mi but cut over at my 4 mi point because I was feeling short on energy, not sure if it was due to a light lunch or bad sleep the night before.

LindsayLoves

a good record day for me.. lets just say a 6 miler turned in to a 8 .13 miler in 1:17 , and a pace of 9:28 .

Nice, I felt like I needed a second run after I got home last night due to some frustration, I might make it was 4 run week instead of a 3.

Ariel484

Nice job! :)

6.25 miles in 80 minutes
followed by a yoga class and a zumba class

Wow...that's quite a workout! I would be completely wiped after that. Way to go!

Yesterday afternoon - 4.12 mi @10:08 pace. I was shooting for 5 mi but cut over at my 4 mi point because I was feeling short on energy, not sure if it was due to a light lunch or bad sleep the night before.

Ugh, I hate that. I hope you get it sorted out!

3 miles for me on the treadmill this morning in 30:01 or something. I'm starting to think I needed to get re-fitted for shoes...my current model has worked great for almost 2 years but after losing weight I'm not sure I need a shoe that gives me quite this much stability. The pair I have is new (20 miles on them) and I've been getting some occasional aches in my feet and knees, which is unusual. I'm not sure if they need to be broken in or they just aren't right for me anymore. :confused:

fmingo36

Been visiting family and friends in New England so I haven't been on the boards for a bit but it looks like everyone has been training hard. GREAT WORK ALL!
As for me, I've done a little Mini-New England run about.
Thursday was 3 miles in CT.
Sunday 6 miles in the hilly boonies of New Hampshire. (I ran into a few wild turkeys on this run)
And this morning 5.25 miles in Massachusetts.

Loving the opportunity to run in new places but missing my cross training (no weights, core, pilates and yoga classes for me in a week! :eek:)

imagination30

this morning was kinda a slow run for me , bc of my long one last night , but my feet still felt like i was runing in conreate. ( umm) never the less.. 3.51 miles with a 9:05 pace

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22 miles and 115 push ups.

I hate pulling back miles, but if it helps me grab another 100mi buckle (hoping for sub 20 hour buckle), I'll do it.

Cheers folks...oh wait, it's not even noon yet. Damn.

Witchy Chick

Glad everyone is doing so well with their training.

I did 2.45 on the TM last night in 35 minutes. This is after doing 2.6 on Saturday, so I'm pretty happy.

No duking it out with DH over the TM. ;) We're on opposite days of running schedule, and his big weekend run he is doing outside.

DH got me this shirt for an anniversary gift. I love it!!!

tr-02039-16-T.jpg

It's kind of hard to read, but says "pain now.......wine later." Apropos for me. ;)

Witchy

JillC LI

Sorry to hear about the horse kristia.
Great shirt from your hubby Witchy!
Your New England run-about sounds great, Coryna.
Love the conversation you had yesterday, Nick!
So true about the cocky runners, Joel.

And as for me, last night the temperature dropped into the 70s and the humidity hit a low for the past week, so I made my kids a quick dinner, threw on my running clothes and had a great 8 mile run, finishing just as it was getting dark. Ahh.

joel_maxwell

Been visiting family and friends in New England so I haven't been on the boards for a bit but it looks like everyone has been training hard. GREAT WORK ALL!
As for me, I've done a little Mini-New England run about.
Thursday was 3 miles in CT.
Sunday 6 miles in the hilly boonies of New Hampshire. (I ran into a few wild turkeys on this run)
And this morning 5.25 miles in Massachusetts.

Loving the opportunity to run in new places but missing my cross training (no weights, core, pilates and yoga classes for me in a week! :eek:)
Ahhhh, Is your body in shock with nothing but running? :D
Sorry to hear about the horse kristia.
Great shirt from your hubby Witchy!
Your New England run-about sounds great, Coryna.
Love the conversation you had yesterday, Nick!
So true about the cocky runners, Joel.

And as for me, last night the temperature dropped into the 70s and the humidity hit a low for the past week, so I made my kids a quick dinner, threw on my running clothes and had a great 8 mile run, finishing just as it was getting dark. Ahh.
It seriously cracks me up.

Nice run. Especially the weather.

Kristia

Glad everyone is doing so well with their training.

I did 2.45 on the TM last night in 35 minutes. This is after doing 2.6 on Saturday, so I'm pretty happy.

No duking it out with DH over the TM. ;) We're on opposite days of running schedule, and his big weekend run he is doing outside.

DH got me this shirt for an anniversary gift. I love it!!!

tr-02039-16-T.jpg

It's kind of hard to read, but says "pain now.......wine later." Apropos for me. ;)

Witchy
Awesome shirt!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom