What did you do?

Witchy Chick

I had to skip my run today :( While doing insanity yesterday something happened to my knee and its not feeling right and is slightly swollen, no pain though. I'm going to try to stay off it today and will hopefully be ok to run Sunday but I'm worried I'm going to be out for longer than that. I'm really bummed!

I'm sorry about your knee. I hope the Aleve and the ice helps!!

Yesterday I drove to CT to visit a friend. When I got her house she was not home from work yet so I decided to throw on my sneakers and go for a run. Ran about 3 miles. It was hot but I was happy I got a run in.

Nice use of some "down" time. :)

DH neglected to run this morning, so he and I will be duking it out for the TM tonight. LOL Actually, I've been thinking of bumping my run to tomorrow morning anyway. ;) He's due for 3 miles, I think, and I can't seem to get over the 2.5 mile hump. Ahhhh, well.

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
31 miles in 107 degrees (real feel w/ humidity).
Fully loaded pack & vest at just under 30 pounds
9:45 pace.
135 push-ups.
Mowed the lawn.

Lots of pain, no sleep, hot & humid...Excuses??? You won't find 'em here, pal :D

Have a great weekend folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You guys inspire me and depress me at the same time. My goal has been to complete three runs in a week all summer and if I complete my run, it will have been my first time all summer. I am going for a 2.5 miler in the morning with my buddy.
We as a forum should only inspire. We should not depress you because someone else can go further than you, run every day of the week or complete a distance that you haven't. We all have our limitations, but we can accomplish anything that we truly want. We all have to want and work our tails off for those goals. So, let the others around here be an inspiration to keep going or try a new distance or event, but we shouldnt depress anyone since if you really wanted it, you could do it too.

Now, I hope you will report that your 2.5 mile run this morning went well and you plan on running sometime this weekend getting ready for next week. ;)

JillC LI

You guys inspire me and depress me at the same time. My goal has been to complete three runs in a week all summer and if I complete my run, it will have been my first time all summer. I am going for a 2.5 miler in the morning with my buddy.

Be inspired, not depressed. There are some VERY serious athletes on this forum, but there are also some committed runners like me who achieve exactly your goal - getting out there and running about 3x per week. I am one of them. I am not super fast (although I am always trying to improve). I do not go super far (although I did complete one marathon). But I run usually 3x, sometimes 4x per week, averaging 15-20 miles per week (unless I'm training for something long). It's not monsterous. It's not a huge burden. Sometimes I have to work hard to find the time to squeeze in the runs. But I always do. Because it keeps me sane and fit and healthy. I can count on one hand the number of weeks I have missed those 3 weekly runs in the past 8 and a half years. Get up an hour early 3x per week and squeeze in that run. You won't regret it! And welcome to the forum. :)

imagination30

i found this on my fb page from fleet feet running:)
391442_427537937289080_4689607_n.jpg

joel_maxwell

31 miles in 107 degrees (real feel w/ humidity).
Fully loaded pack & vest at just under 30 pounds
9:45 pace.
135 push-ups.
Mowed the lawn.

Lots of pain, no sleep, hot & humid...Excuses??? You won't find 'em here, pal :D

Have a great weekend folks!
I like the 31 miles, but I love the 135 push-ups, and then mowed the lawn. You softy. :cool: LOL

joel_maxwell

Be inspired, not depressed. There are some VERY serious athletes on this forum, but there are also some committed runners like me who achieve exactly your goal - getting out there and running about 3x per week. I am one of them. I am not super fast (although I am always trying to improve). I do not go super far (although I did complete one marathon). But I run usually 3x, sometimes 4x per week, averaging 15-20 miles per week (unless I'm training for something long). It's not monsterous. It's not a huge burden. Sometimes I have to work hard to find the time to squeeze in the runs. But I always do. Because it keeps me sane and fit and healthy. I can count on one hand the number of weeks I have missed those 3 weekly runs in the past 8 and a half years. Get up an hour early 3x per week and squeeze in that run. You won't regret it! And welcome to the forum. :)
Ive missed 3 regularly scheduled training runs in 3 years (not including my 2 serious injuries.) 4-5 runs a week, short and super long distances. It is a mind set that you arent going to miss it, it is a commitment, it is a part of your life and we are fortunate enough to be able to do it.

Jill is a great mentor on this site and she runs short distances. Knowledge doesnt come in long or short distance, just experience.

JillC LI

Ive missed 3 regularly scheduled training runs in 3 years (not including my 2 serious injuries.) 4-5 runs a week, short and super long distances. It is a mind set that you arent going to miss it, it is a commitment, it is a part of your life and we are fortunate enough to be able to do it.

Jill is a great mentor on this site and she runs short distances. Knowledge doesnt come in long or short distance, just experience.

What Jill and Joel said...

100% agree. You two are becoming Dave-status!!!
#gurus

Thanks guys. It really is a part of my life. Just like I can't imagine not waking up and brushing my teeth, I cannot imagine not running. Sometimes when I have to twist myself in knots to squeeze in a longer run on the weekend, my hubby thinks I'm crazy, but it would feel crazier for me to miss it. (Me, the kid who had a note in high school that I had "bad knees" so I could get out of running The Mile! LOL. I guess it's true, with age comes wisdom. Not that I'm old or anything!)

Joshua&CalebDad

I completed my three runs this week and feel good. Sunday I am going for a bike ride with another buddy. On Monday I'll start running again. Hopefully I can get all of my runs in next week again.

I was hoping to compete in the half marathon in January but I don't think I can make that. I will however get a 5k, 8k, and 10k in over the fall. I'll try for a half marathon late next spring and with a little luck be ready forMarathon Weeekend 2014. Its a start.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I completed my three runs this week and feel good. Sunday I am going for a bike ride with another buddy. On Monday I'll start running again. Hopefully I can get all of my runs in next week again.

I was hoping to compete in the half marathon in January but I don't think I can make that. I will however get a 5k, 8k, and 10k in over the fall. I'll try for a half marathon late next spring and with a little luck be ready forMarathon Weeekend 2014. Its a start.

Key word: START

Good for you.

Kristia

Thanks guys. It really is a part of my life. Just like I can't imagine not waking up and brushing my teeth, I cannot imagine not running. Sometimes when I have to twist myself in knots to squeeze in a longer run on the weekend, my hubby thinks I'm crazy, but it would feel crazier for me to miss it. (Me, the kid who had a note in high school that I had "bad knees" so I could get out of running The Mile! LOL. I guess it's true, with age comes wisdom. Not that I'm old or anything!)
That made me laugh! I didn't have the note, but I whined and complained about having to run the mile and thought I was going to die. Look at me now! :)

Kristia

Good job! The start is always the hardest. In the beginning I really had to force myself to get out there. Those days have become less and less and most of the times nowadays I look forward to it. Like Jill said once (I think it was Jill ;)) it is way harder to get from 0-5k than it is to get from 5k to... It seems like once your mind gets over the "OMG how in the world am I ever going to do 5k" it accepts the fact that it can indeed do whatever you want it to do! Happy running!

LindsayLoves

Good morning all! Got a little pre-run motivation coming to this board and seeing all the fantastic things Joel and Jill said, you guys are amazing! It was a wonderful way to get my behind out the door.

3.35 mi @ 9:59/mile. I hate my shorter weekend runs because I do them in my neighborhood which is my least favorite place to run, I always have to struggle through short runs. I know its because I just run where my feet will take me, I need to make a route and stick to it so I have a more clearly defined goal.

Texas84

I learned something today:

NO MORE SUMMER HALF MARATHONS!

Got some bling though.
Running12-08-04011.jpg

I was on pace to shatter my PR even with the 95% humidity (It dropped all the way to 86% at race end) but they threw in 2 miles of trail running at mile 10. The sand and gravel killed me and I staggered in 5 minutes off my PR. Guess I should be happy considering the conditions. It was nice being back at Robins AFB. I used to run those trails, wow, 15 years ago? Going to take a nap now. Be careful out there!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did 4.2 miles on Thrusday evening. I think running in the evening is much better on my feet. I didn't feel like I struggled the first mile like I usually do. However right after that, the spicy food I had a few hours before decided to say hello in my stomach....I wasn't nauseous, but definitely had indigestion.

I'm going to alter my running schedule a bit coming up. I'm supposed to do 7 next weekend, but with 16.2 scheduled the weekend after, I'm going to move the 7 up to next Wednesday. That way I still get my run in, but give my legs a chance to rest.

I might hit the TM tonight after work and see how that feels running at the end of the day again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom