What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good morning all! Got a little pre-run motivation coming to this board and seeing all the fantastic things Joel and Jill said, you guys are amazing! It was a wonderful way to get my behind out the door.

3.35 mi @ 9:59/mile. I hate my shorter weekend runs because I do them in my neighborhood which is my least favorite place to run, I always have to struggle through short runs. I know its because I just run where my feet will take me, I need to make a route and stick to it so I have a more clearly defined goal.
That is what we are here for. Reporting, discussing and motivating.
I learned something today:

NO MORE SUMMER HALF MARATHONS!

Got some bling though.
Running12-08-04011.jpg

I was on pace to shatter my PR even with the 95% humidity (It dropped all the way to 86% at race end) but they threw in 2 miles of trail running at mile 10. The sand and gravel killed me and I staggered in 5 minutes off my PR. Guess I should be happy considering the conditions. It was nice being back at Robins AFB. I used to run those trails, wow, 15 years ago? Going to take a nap now. Be careful out there!
Congrats on the Half today. That looks/sounds like a fun half.

joel_maxwell

8 miles this am turned into 9 on accident. I ran my normal route, but headed up a trail that i have been eyeing since we moved in here. It says No Tresspassing/ No hunting... yeah right. So, I took that trail and went up the side of the mtn. Some parts were so steep on the trail, it was easier to speed walk than try to run it. I got to the top to a service trail. Took that a bit and it kicked me out way down from my neighborhood. Hence, the extra mile.

9 miles
9:54 pace
984 vertical feet elevation change
1468 feet ascended
1543 descended

My legs are a bit sore and my knee was a little hot. Ill take it though. It was pretty intense. Here is Google Earth... which I adore. The bottom route gives me 350ish vertical feet so this route dwarfs the normal one.

9mile.jpg

Mickey&Minnie

8 miles this am turned into 9 on accident. I ran my normal route, but headed up a trail that i have been eyeing since we moved in here. It says No Tresspassing/ No hunting... yeah right. So, I took that trail and went up the side of the mtn. Some parts were so steep on the trail, it was easier to speed walk than try to run it. I got to the top to a service trail. Took that a bit and it kicked me out way down from my neighborhood.
View attachment 27987

Wow you are brave...going into unchartered territory. Good job on the run!!

joel_maxwell

Wow you are brave...going into unchartered territory. Good job on the run!!
LOL... It is the best. It is a corporation with those signs, not Johnny Redneck with a shotgun waiting. Im not that daring. They wouldnt even know I was back there. Forgot to mention, while on that service road, I came over a small hill and a fox was sitting there staring at me. He was so pretty.... and then ran past a service truck. Not sure what they were doing, but ran past him and waved like I had been there a 100 times.

Ariel484

I ran my first 5K this morning :D. I am training for the Princess Half in Feb so this was the first step. Now, i just need to work my way up to a 10k so i can get a good time to submit.

Way to go! Congrats on finisng your first 5K!

4.5 miles for me in 46:30. It was overcast but HUMID. Yikes.

Mad Stitch

I learned something today:

NO MORE SUMMER HALF MARATHONS!

Got some bling though.
Running12-08-04011.jpg

I was on pace to shatter my PR even with the 95% humidity (It dropped all the way to 86% at race end) but they threw in 2 miles of trail running at mile 10. The sand and gravel killed me and I staggered in 5 minutes off my PR. Guess I should be happy considering the conditions. It was nice being back at Robins AFB. I used to run those trails, wow, 15 years ago? Going to take a nap now. Be careful out there!

Congrats on the half.

9 miles for me today. I've been starting my long runs at 6 am to avoid the humidity, but it didn't help today. I made it to 7 miles with the last 2 being a walk/run. I hate when I walk, it makes me feel defeated.

joel_maxwell

I ran my first 5K this morning :D. I am training for the Princess Half in Feb so this was the first step. Now, i just need to work my way up to a 10k so i can get a good time to submit.
Nice job. Keep up that hard work and you will double your distance in no time. Stay hungry for that goal.
Congrats on the half.

9 miles for me today. I've been starting my long runs at 6 am to avoid the humidity, but it didn't help today. I made it to 7 miles with the last 2 being a walk/run. I hate when I walk, it makes me feel defeated.
Bwhahaha. I wish 6am could potentially be less humidity around here. This morning, my shirt in the back was so wet, it was slapping me on the back. Yes I know, TMI.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5k tonight.....felt good....My legs feel better in the night, but it's harder to get my brain into that "time to run" gear....I start to wind down right after work, and it's 40 minutes to the gym....i really have to keep myself motivated in between there.

Kristia

6 miles this morning at a pretty horrendous pace. I think this was probably the hottest morning that I have had to run this summer. No excuses though! It is done! By the time I was done the first mile, I was soaked. Had to take a few walk breaks, which I usually don't have to do. Tried to get out much earlier than I actually did but as I was taking my warm up walk my leg and foot started itching. Looked down and had about 100 little pinhead ticks on my foot crawling up my leg!:eek: Had to go home shower and start again. Just not a great morning.:mad:

LindsayLoves

6 miles this morning at a pretty horrendous pace. I think this was probably the hottest morning that I have had to run this summer. No excuses though! It is done! By the time I was done the first mile, I was soaked. Had to take a few walk breaks, which I usually don't have to do. Tried to get out much earlier than I actually did but as I was taking my warm up walk my leg and foot started itching. Looked down and had about 100 little pinhead ticks on my foot crawling up my leg!:eek: Had to go home shower and start again. Just not a great morning.:mad:

Way to commit to the run! Fairly certain I would have called it good after the tick incident. :eek: It looks like its going to be a bit cooler in NYC this week, can't wait for low 80's! Hopefully you'll get a break on the weather too.

Kristia

Way to commit to the run! Fairly certain I would have called it good after the tick incident. :eek: It looks like its going to be a bit cooler in NYC this week, can't wait for low 80's! Hopefully you'll get a break on the weather too.
Thanks. I almost did call it. Low 80's would be great! I am going to hope for that!

imagination30

okay back story , i was planing on runing this morning didnt make that so i decided i would make up for it this after noon,. so im glad i did , bc i love runing in the rain.. not hard rain just enough to cool you off. , so ran 4.39 in 38:41 with a pace of 8:47 , rain on me my frist mile .. then it stoped!:)

dreamfinder

11mi Sat, 9mi Sun. Knee still isn't right. But this time at least I can keep it up over LSD runs, but shorter faster one are causing the most problems. Mostly taking it easy til DL 1/2.

joel_maxwell

After Saturdays high elevation and terrain trail run, my legs and secondary muscles are very sore today. Easy run this morning with no watch. Very pleasant.

Joshua&CalebDad

I live in the armpit of South Carolina, Columbia, so I know your pain. I have been running at 5 am just so that I can complete my run in 75 degree weather. Humidity was a beast this morning. If you have never been to Columbia count yourself as lucky.

By the time I was done with my 2.5 miles I was drenched. On a good note, I started week 2 and I felt great during this morning, didn't start to feel anything until the last half mile. Now on to runs 2 & 3, hopefully I feel as good during them.

JillC LI

Yeah, soreness I can deal with, weather I can deal with, but 100 little ticks crawling up my leg? GAME OVER! Ugh!

I'm looking forward to a cooler run tomorrow evening on Long Island as well.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

My skin is crawling. Thanks. Where's my "hurl" emoticon???

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles this morning. Pulling back just slightly for next weekend's 100mi.

Conversation with some guy at Asbury Park Convention Hall (where I grab some water or iced espresso :D):

Guy in line: How far do you walk?
Me: Hey friend, I may not be sprinting a 5:30 pace, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that you can consider what you just saw me doing, "walking..." ( I was doing a 7:45-8 min pace when he saw me)
Guy in line: oh, sorry. How far do you run everyday?
Me: 25-30 miles every morning. Sometimes further on Friday.
Guy: WOW, what are you training for?
Me: a 500 mile mountain run
Guy: #blank stare............

Run hard folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom