What did you do?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
By the way...my first mile out is always horrible...I have everything from stiffness to nausea depending on the day (I almost threw up at the WDW 1/2 marathon in mile 1 this year). By the time I hit mile 2 or 3 I finally feel in the groove - anybody have any hints on how to battle this?

I'm always slow to get started too, no nausea though. I think some people probably just take a little bit longer to warm up than others. The way I look at it- I'm happy that every time I run I NS. lol :D

I saw an appropriate quote this morning-
"When I run in the morning, my body spends the first 20 minutes trying to figure out what's happening to it." -Danny Pudi

JillC LI

So after discussing it last night, we're somewhat up in the air about the trip to Hershey. I'm going to have to play it by ear til we get a bit closer. I'd really love to do it with you gals, though, if I can work it out.

On the running front, 3.5 miles of speedwork on the TM this morning. Felt strong.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
"When I run in the morning, my body spends the first 20 minutes trying to figure out what's happening to it." -Danny Pudi
I would say that in the summer time this is spot on for my body. I didnt feel comfortable until mile 3.5ish of 4.10 today.

joel_maxwell

4.10 miles this morning. About an 8:50 pace. A lot of political and social issues were polluting my thoughts the entire run in a negative way.... but at least I left them on the road and didnt bring them back home or to work. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

By the end of the week, my body is screaming, "OK! You made your point!"
Sorry pal, we aint done yet...we're going to be running 500 miles in one shot, deal with it :D

Witchy Chick

Got in 2.06 miles on the TM last night in 33 mins. I felt awful. Not sure if I ate too much during the day (especially dinner) or what. Knee started acting up again too. (Dummy me forgot my previous two doses of Naproxen. Awesome.) About 8 mins into the run, I wanted to quit already. haha Iced my knee after the run, but got interrupted by my should-have-been-sleeping-2-year-old "I want Mooooooooommmmmmyyyy." OY.

I'd be due to run again Friday night, but might bump that to Saturday morning or daytime.

Witchy

Kristia

So after discussing it last night, we're somewhat up in the air about the trip to Hershey. I'm going to have to play it by ear til we get a bit closer. I'd really love to do it with you gals, though, if I can work it out.

On the running front, 3.5 miles of speedwork on the TM this morning. Felt strong.
Hope you can make it!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles this morning.

22 miles yesterday.

Going to grab 30-40mi tomorrow provided I get up early enough.

Start to "taper" next week :mad:

For now, it's time to run...

Joshua&CalebDad

You guys inspire me and depress me at the same time. My goal has been to complete three runs in a week all summer and if I complete my run, it will have been my first time all summer. I am going for a 2.5 miler in the morning with my buddy.

Texas84

You guys inspire me and depress me at the same time. My goal has been to complete three runs in a week all summer and if I complete my run, it will have been my first time all summer. I am going for a 2.5 miler in the morning with my buddy.
I've done a full marathon and several half marathons and these guys & gals depress me. :(:D I trained two years for that full. Take your time and stay healthy. Good luck!

Kristia

Hey anything you do is more than a lot of people do! It took me awhile to get into the groove of running and there are plenty of days that I find it hard to get out there but I force myself and I am always glad I did. My biggest motivation is doing the races that I have signed up to do and my other motivations are being able to come here and post my accomplishments! It is also a great feeling to take that big black sharpie and cross off my training done for the day! And I lost 10 lbs since I started my official Goofy training! Keep plugging away and it will get better!

That said....3 miles-10:40 pace. Not as good as the other day. Humidity is back! Bah humbug!

Eeyore

Premium Member
I had to skip my run today :( While doing insanity yesterday something happened to my knee and its not feeling right and is slightly swollen, no pain though. I'm going to try to stay off it today and will hopefully be ok to run Sunday but I'm worried I'm going to be out for longer than that. I'm really bummed!

I'm passionate about 3 things in my life- my husband, running, and food. Without running the food kind of goes out the window lol at least I still have my wonderful husband! :D

joel_maxwell

Swimming this morning. 14 lengths of breaststroke. Thanks to the Olympic coverage, I have watched those guys and gals swim and im my head, my form looks of that of an Olympian, but I know I look like a fish out of water still. LOL

All that matters is that 14 lengths was a lot easier this week than previous swimming. Granted, I wasnt crawling which still schools me, but I have changed my weekly schedule to make swimming on T & TH's, crawl on T and Breast on TH.

Long Run tomorrow.

Have a great Friday.

joel_maxwell

I had to skip my run today :( While doing insanity yesterday something happened to my knee and its not feeling right and is slightly swollen, no pain though. I'm going to try to stay off it today and will hopefully be ok to run Sunday but I'm worried I'm going to be out for longer than that. I'm really bummed!

I'm passionate about 3 things in my life- my husband, running, and food. Without running the food kind of goes out the window lol at least I still have my wonderful husband! :D
I know the feeling. Give it a day or two off and you will be back and better than ever. Maybe you needed a day or two off.
Yesterday I drove to CT to visit a friend. When I got her house she was not home from work yet so I decided to throw on my sneakers and go for a run. Ran about 3 miles. It was hot but I was happy I got a run in.
That a girl. Never miss an opp to run in a new location. Always changes things up and keeps things interesting.

Ariel484

That stinks! Did you take any anti-imflammatories for the swelling? I hope you are back to running soon!

6.5 miles for me this morning @10:25. Wanted to die at the end.

Mickey&Minnie

Last night it took a while for me to get into my groove, probably around mile 3. During this hot louisiana summer I have had to move my runs in to the treadmill, but yesterday I just wasn't able to lower my core temp starting off. I finally felly better when I almost made my goal of 5 miles. Going to hit the gym this morning before I go and run some errands to get in some more miles.

Eeyore

Premium Member
That stinks! Did you take any anti-imflammatories for the swelling? I hope you are back to running soon!

I took an alieve last night and plan to take one again before bed. I iced it last night too. I'm trying to keep weight off my knee today- no working out at all! It better be only a few days or I may go crazy! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom