What did you do?

imagination30

another late night run tnight , had to relif some stress , bad day at work. so i killed a 5.99 @ a 9:24 pace little slower than last night , but ill take it , i have 2 races i have to get ready for a one in sept and one in oct. , should be fun..

LindsayLoves

8.25 miles at a 10:40 pace this morning. PLUS I signed up for the Rock N Roll NY 10K and the Hershey 1/2 Marathon. A very productive morning.

I was going to sign up for the Rock 'n Roll New York 10k but the NYRR changed the date of their half marathon - Grete's Great Gallup to the day after the RnR. I guess I could do both and make it my own mini- Goofy race :D

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
6.36 miles @ 9:38 pace. For the first time in a LONG time I had to drag myself out the door this morning. It certainly could have been a better run but I'm just glad I got out there and did it.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yesterday had 3 miles in 37 minutes. Time was slow and disappointing, but I need to remind myself it's a training run, and I tend to run faster on race days. It was warm and I was uncomfortable. I got in the groove toward the end. I think the longer I run, the more I get in my zone. My only goal was to do about 30 minutes, but I wasn't going to be satisfied unless I hit 3 miles.

By the way...my first mile out is always horrible...I have everything from stiffness to nausea depending on the day (I almost threw up at the WDW 1/2 marathon in mile 1 this year). By the time I hit mile 2 or 3 I finally feel in the groove - anybody have any hints on how to battle this?

Ariel484

I was just about to get online to post that I did 3.6 miles this morning at 9:35 pace! We could've run together :D...

Perhaps we were running together in spirit! :) Today I was really struggling though (3 miles in almost 30 minutes)...so I would have been eating your dust this morning.

...By the way...my first mile out is always horrible...I have everything from stiffness to nausea depending on the day (I almost threw up at the WDW 1/2 marathon in mile 1 this year). By the time I hit mile 2 or 3 I finally feel in the groove - anybody have any hints on how to battle this?

Me too. What's your pre-run routine like? Do you do a warm-up? (I don't really warm-up at all, so I am pretty sure that's why my first 1-2 miles always feel crappy.) How far in advance do you eat/drink?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I usually don't eat or drink at least 30 minutes before I go out...i stretch a bit, but not more than that. I feel like I hit the ground way to hard or something...like my body is getting shocked too hard..maybe just not being warmed up doesn't let me stride properly.

GoofyRacer11

I'd love to hear what you think of asylum. I've been looking at it but there just isn't as much info out there about it like there is with insanity.

Yea I have noticed this as well. I'm on the third day of Asylum already. It is much more challenging than Insanity and I would suggest completing Insanity before starting Asylum. Since I have just started it, I haven't been able to perform some of the exercises because I'm not used to the movements. With that being said, I sweat a lot more and sooner than Insanity. It does work your entire body and about 5 minutes into my first day I thought "what the hell have I gotten myself into." Even though it's going to be tough, I will still push through it. I hope this helps and good luck if you decide to do it!

JillC LI

Yesterday had 3 miles in 37 minutes. Time was slow and disappointing, but I need to remind myself it's a training run, and I tend to run faster on race days. It was warm and I was uncomfortable. I got in the groove toward the end. I think the longer I run, the more I get in my zone. My only goal was to do about 30 minutes, but I wasn't going to be satisfied unless I hit 3 miles.

By the way...my first mile out is always horrible...I have everything from stiffness to nausea depending on the day (I almost threw up at the WDW 1/2 marathon in mile 1 this year). By the time I hit mile 2 or 3 I finally feel in the groove - anybody have any hints on how to battle this?

I sometimes feel sluggish or like my legs are lead for the first mile or two, but not nauseous. And not often. I tend to associate it with not enough sleep the night before. Maybe it's what you are eating/drinking beforehand? I don't eat before any run which will be under an hour, but I do have some cereal or fruit before anything an hour or longer. I also do a short bit of stretching before EVERY run.

Perhaps we were running together in spirit! :) Today I was really struggling though (3 miles in almost 30 minutes)...so I would have been eating your dust this morning.

Nope, you win, I was sleeping in this morning! :D

Kristia

I usually don't eat or drink at least 30 minutes before I go out...i stretch a bit, but not more than that. I feel like I hit the ground way to hard or something...like my body is getting shocked too hard..maybe just not being warmed up doesn't let me stride properly.
I don't have the nausea thing but I know exactly how you feel with the soreness. My shins hurt, my feet hurt, my knees hurt but after I run for a bit it goes away. I mostly stretch after my runs but this has always happened to me even when I used to stretch before. If you find something that works, let me know!

JillC LI

I have signed up as well! They pretty much had me at Chocolate Aid Station! And 2 free tix for their Halloween event Hershey in the Dark!

All right people, you're killing me here. I just checked the web site to see when it is, and I just might be able to finagle it if I can talk my hubby into the trip. I wouldn't be able to train hard, but I could certainly train to run easy and finish. I have never ever ever run a race (or even a training run) with company (other than my son for about a mile), but it would be really cool to run with you gals who have registered for it already - if you're interested. I can't seem to find out any more information about this so-called Chocolate Aid Station, but I did see that the web site says: "The Spa At The Hotel Hersheywill be offering complimentary post-race massages to runners on a first-come-first-serve basis." Woo hoo!
Does anyone know how it works in terms of getting 2 extra Park in the Dark tix for my kids? And how much is the least expensive lodging in the area?

a2grafix

3 miles in 26:40 early Monday morning just after midnight in mid 60s (and falling) and low humidity. Neighborhood deserted, me and my music and the nearly full moon. Totally getting into the Tower of Terror 10-miler mood.

Next up on the running agenda - 2 30-minute runs and the dreaded 8 miles early Sunday. Planning a new route as to not go around in circles.

Kristia

All right people, you're killing me here. I just checked the web site to see when it is, and I just might be able to finagle it if I can talk my hubby into the trip. I wouldn't be able to train hard, but I could certainly train to run easy and finish. I have never ever ever run a race (or even a training run) with company (other than my son for about a mile), but it would be really cool to run with you gals who have registered for it already - if you're interested. I can't seem to find out any more information about this so-called Chocolate Aid Station, but I did see that the web site says: "The Spa At The Hotel Hersheywill be offering complimentary post-race massages to runners on a first-come-first-serve basis." Woo hoo!
Does anyone know how it works in terms of getting 2 extra Park in the Dark tix for my kids? And how much is the least expensive lodging in the area?
I just booked the White Rose Motel for overnight @$97 total. It is a no name, no frill motel, a little older but clean and family run. There are so many hotels in the area and a really wide range of prices. The cheapest I saw was $60 for Red Carpet with horrible reviews but others are in the $100-$130 range. White Rose got really good reviews on Tripadvisor so I went with that. Stayed at Travel Lodge last year. Dated but clean. I think you can get extra tix at Hershey that day. It isn't a sell-out type thing like Disney. Not sure if they sell them online. I will run with anyone but you guys will smoke me lol! I plan to go about 10:30 to 11 min miles. Maybe I will be better by then!

fmingo36

I have signed up as well! They pretty much had me at Chocolate Aid Station! And 2 free tix for their Halloween event Hershey in the Dark!

YAY!
Hmmm for some reason I think my time might be a little bit slower for this race. I have a feeling I might need alot of extra TLC at the Chocolate Aid Station. (I wonder if they have chocolate IVs?) ;)

fmingo36

Jill, YES! I would love to run with you!!!
I would imagine that the Park in the Dark tickets would be available at the gate since it's not a Private event. (I'm going to see if I can find coupons as it gets closer)
I even signed my kids up for the kids races on Saturday afternoon. So we are going to pick up our packets, do the kids races, and then attend the Park in the Dark. Should be a fun weekend.

As for lodging, my husband looked into and I think he found something nice and nearby for $120 a night.

JillC LI

Jill, YES! I would love to run with you!!!
I would imagine that the Park in the Dark tickets would be available at the gate since it's not a Private event. (I'm going to see if I can find coupons as it gets closer)
I even signed my kids up for the kids races on Saturday afternoon. So we are going to pick up our packets, do the kids races, and then attend the Park in the Dark. Should be a fun weekend.

As for lodging, my husband looked into and I think he found something nice and nearby for $120 a night.

Cool! If we did this, I'd probably have to drive up Saturday, pick up my packet and attend Park in the Dark Saturday night, run on Sunday (and maybe sign up the kids too - I think mine are older than yours - 10 and 13), visit any other interesting parts of Hershey, and drive home before it got too late in the day. We're a good 3+ hours away. If I can finagle this, I'll ask you for more details on the hotel your hubby found and we can make plans to meet up before the race. I assume your husband is running too? Mine definitely would not be! LOL. The only thing holding me back (other than any possible major events on my home calendar that I am forgetting) is that this is right smack in between my DS's Bar Mitzvah and our (surprise) trip to WDW in December so we have alot of expenses right now. I'll let you know though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom