What did you do?

LindsayLoves

5.72 at 9:44/mile. Tough start due to a fun party night the night before, felt like I didn't properly take advantage of the super flat terrain speed wise but very glad I was able to get it in feeling the way I did.

Also got some new gear at the store that I can't wait to try out this week!

GoofyRacer11

Ran 6 miles this morning at a comfortable 8:00 minute/mile pace. I will be taking my fit test for
Insanity: Asylum within the hour. Tomorrow will be my first official day of Asylum and look forward
to the challenge. My next race will probably be Cleveland Heroes 5 mile run.

Later Days!

a2grafix

14.1 miles in the past 8 days, with another 3 miles later tonight around midnight or so to round out the week.

July 22 ran 7.1 miles in just under 1 hour (59:45, slightest idea on split times) - the farthest I have run EVER in a run of any kind, and this is due to the Galloway Tower of Terror 10-miler program. Last weekend it called for me to run 7 miles.

July 25 ran 3.35 miles in 30:20 minutes, and that was tough since it was 86 with about 72 dew point. I should have run about 2 hours earlier as it was 16 degrees cooler. Strange morning low of 57, but the southern steam and sun turned what would have been a nice cool run into a tougher. Good news though - broke the 9-minute mile barrier for my first 2 miles.

Saturday late morning ran another 30 minutes and was much better as the humidity dropped into the 40s and it was nice and in the upper 70s. Decided to test myself to see how far / fast I can run in 30 minutes. My target is 4 miles, and so far so good. Ran 3.65 miles in 30:22 (1 mile 8:58, 2 mile 16:31 and 3 mile 25:34). After the first mile got into a groove and ran the second mile in around 8:13.

Felt really good after Saturday's run but I know it's only part of the equation of pacing for a 10-mile run.

Next weekend - 8 miles. Looking forward to it but have to find a music mix that's longer than 68 minutes. Maybe I can run 8 miles in 68 minutes.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Ran 6 miles this morning at a comfortable 8:00 minute/mile pace. I will be taking my fit test for
Insanity: Asylum within the hour. Tomorrow will be my first official day of Asylum and look forward
to the challenge. My next race will probably be Cleveland Heroes 5 mile run.

Later Days!
I'd love to hear what you think of asylum. I've been looking at it but there just isn't as much info out there about it like there is with insanity.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles today, 8:18 /mi pace.
I meant to comment earlier, nice pace.
Nice pace Steve!
^ Yep
Joel, we might just be running together at the TOT10M! That would be
crazy if we were in the same corral and it looks like we are training at just about the same pace.

Glad to hear that the pain is substaining. Sometimes our bodies just a need a
break. It seems like the switch to cycling and swimming has been very good to your knees.
We might be. Im not doing speed work this summer. Until it gets cooler and I have no doubt that Im 100% healed, Im just cruising. Now, When I registered, I put in a time of 1:42:00 from one of my other halves. That is a 7:40 pace. I wont pull that, but Ill be mid 8's. I think that will get me in Corral 1. With that said, I wouldnt mind running with someone if we happen to be next to each other since I wont be going for a PR. :)

Ariel484

10:23 is nothing to be ashamed of! But I am with you...can't wait till the cooler weather!!

Oops...not ashamed of the pace! When I said it was an awful run, I meant that I just FELT awful. That was the discouraging part. :) And yeah, fall cannot come soon enough. I'm ready for temps in the mid-low 60s.

dreamfinder

Sat was a 10mi run at a reasonable pace. Sunday was absolutely nothing. I ended up having to drive into work 3 times over the weekend, and only got about 6 hours of sleep from Friday pm to Sunday pm. Spent more time in my car driving than I did sleeping. Had no chance or time to even think about getting the miles in. And I miss it........

fmingo36

Just shy of 6 miles this morning at a 10:05 pace.
Had a few back spasms during the run. Something I never had experienced during a run before. I stopped and stretch out a bit and then kept on running.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I woke up to a dead Garmin battery this morning- so annoying and completely my own fault. Lol. I had to go with the polar heart rate monitor instead. I did somewhere around 3.3 miles in 32 mins. I was hoping to be faster. It just goes to show how having that average pace visable all along helps me to push myself harder. I really missed my Garmin!

Witchy Chick

I didn’t check in over the weekend, but I did my Saturday night run on Saturday morning (we had plans Saturday evening). I did 2.2 miles in 33 minutes (including 3 min cool-down walk at the end). I think I’d have had negative split if I had been keeping track? I felt pretty good on the back end of my run, so I threw in a couple 5-min run intervals, where I did 4-min run intervals earlier. Whooo-hoooo!!!

Knee feels good – I’ve been icing it after running and (mostly) remembering my Naproxen twice a day (500mg BTW Joel ;)).

I’m due to run tonight (probably after the kiddos are bathed and bedded). I know I still have 5+ months for 5K training, but I feel like I gotta start pushing my distance out past 2, 2.2 miles. I feel "stuck" there (but that's more due to time constraints at this point, I suspect).

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pulling back the miles: just over 120 miles last week.

21 miles this morning. Quads are a bit sore from punching my pace on Friday's 31 miler.

Get out and run, no excuses!

JillC LI

Ran 7.10 this morning at a 10:22 pace with my hubby. Muggy as heck but with no sun, it was managable.

That's the exact distance at almost the exact pace (10:18) that I ran Saturday morning as well. By me though, it started with 95% humidity, but actually started to rain lightly into the first mile, so I turned around, dropped my Nano through my mail slot to keep it dry, and continued to run in the light rain which was much nicer than the original mugginess.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pulling back the miles: just over 120 miles last week.

21 miles this morning. Quads are a bit sore from punching my pace on Friday's 31 miler.

Get out and run, no excuses!
Answer - Foam roller and a IPA
That's the exact distance at almost the exact pace (10:18) that I ran Saturday morning as well. By me though, it started with 95% humidity, but actually started to rain lightly into the first mile, so I turned around, dropped my Nano through my mail slot to keep it dry, and continued to run in the light rain which was much nicer than the original mugginess.
Very nice. I am looking forward to the next day it is raining. I need a rainy day run.

LindsayLoves

4.25 miles at 10'20" pace. Went with the brother who is my marathon partner and he has been slacking on his training so we did a nicely paced run with negative splits each mile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom