What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
8.13 this morning. Struggling quite a bit with some lingering pains and no energy. I haven't changed my diet, so my wife is guessing lack of sleep since I have to watch my late cartoons and Law & Order.

Feet feel like cinder blocks.

GoofyRacer11

I'm not sure if this is the problem but thought I would give you a tip. You might want to cut down on your weekly mileage. I know you like to run long miles but your body needs rest days to repair and heal itself. Or instead of running the miles all at once you could split it up. Like for a 8 mile run do 4 in the morning and the other half in the evening for example.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I'm not sure if this is the problem but thought I would give you a tip. You might want to cut down on your weekly mileage. I know you like to run long miles but your body needs rest days to repair and heal itself. Or instead of running the miles all at once you could split it up. Like for a 8 mile run do 4 in the morning and the other half in the evening for example.

Yeah everyone always tells me to cut back, and I know my muscles don't get a chance to recover. I'll try some diferent things and let you all know if my injuries subside.

fractal

Wow! After slugging it out all summer in the almost unbearable heat and humidity - today felt awesome. 72 degrees, overcast with a nice cool breeze. 7 miles went down easy peazy. Very enjoyable run. :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow! After slugging it out all summer in the almost unbearable heat and humidity - today felt awesome. 72 degrees, overcast with a nice cool breeze. 7 miles went down easy peazy. Very enjoyable run. :sohappy:
You can send some of that my way ANYTIME. :D

Phonedave

Got back late Sunday (12:30 AM) from a week in WDW, then off to work Monday morning.

Came home and for the first time in a LONG time it was cool out, with a light rain as well (I like light rain). Was not sure what was going to happen since taking a week off in WDW, but did 5+ miles, including running through some big puddles. Splash Splash.

Odd little thing though. First full day at WDW I get back to the room and my legs HURT. I found that pretty strange. Must be a different set of muscles.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Got back late Sunday (12:30 AM) from a week in WDW, then off to work Monday morning.

Came home and for the first time in a LONG time it was cool out, with a light rain as well (I like light rain). Was not sure what was going to happen since taking a week off in WDW, but did 5+ miles, including running through some big puddles. Splash Splash.

Odd little thing though. First full day at WDW I get back to the room and my legs HURT. I found that pretty strange. Must be a different set of muscles.

-dave
When I did the Talladega race, I had been training in a multi elevation environment. When I get to the race, it was 1:44:00 of basically flat terrain. I was twice as sore then I was for my first half which was multi elevation. I guess you are right, more constant with the same muscles.

This is what Im a bit afraid of for the W&D. Ill have been in the parks for 4 days leading up to Saturday night. I guess Ill just have to man up and put my big boy shorts on that night. :D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

-dave

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing it's lactic acid build-up. At the parks you do a lot of standing around and walking, but you never really get your blood pumping or your legs moving, so the lactic acid probably doesn't clear itself out as effectively as when you're running.:shrug:

I've certainly had a similar sensation. The less I do, the more I can feel it in my legs, but it's different than the sort of fatigue you feel after a long run.

joel_maxwell

I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing it's lactic acid build-up. At the parks you do a lot of standing around and walking, but you never really get your blood pumping or your legs moving, so the lactic acid probably doesn't clear itself out as effectively as when you're running.:shrug:

I've certainly had a similar sensation. The less I do, the more I can feel it in my legs, but it's different than the sort of fatigue you feel after a long run.
Kind of like an ache.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
An awful 7.34 miles of zero energy, uncontrolled breathing, constant pain (so much for the high pain tolerance), no focus, and all around unenjoyable run.

I am really struggling this week and last week. :confused:

I hope the rest of you are having a good week.

fractal

An awful 7.34 miles of zero energy, uncontrolled breathing, constant pain (so much for the high pain tolerance), no focus, and all around unenjoyable run.

I am really struggling this week and last week. :confused:

I hope the rest of you are having a good week.

don't run for 2 days. Do a bunch of pushups instead.

After the break I think you'll have a great run. My unqualified opinion ( but it usually works for me ).

:wave:

DisneyRunner

I'm checking back in after being at Disney for nine days. Went out running two of the days. My husband and I ran two miles each day. He runs slower than I do and has a heart condition. Man it was hot. Today I did 4.4 miles. I'm really out of condition. The weather here is much less humid and cooler temps.

Phonedave

I'm checking back in after being at Disney for nine days. Went out running two of the days. My husband and I ran two miles each day. He runs slower than I do and has a heart condition. Man it was hot. Today I did 4.4 miles. I'm really out of condition. The weather here is much less humid and cooler temps.

Hot ?

I just got back from a week in WDW. Hot is putting it mildly - brutal is more like it.

It was close to 90 at sunrise each day. I debated running or not - i choose not. There were times when my shirt was wet with sweat from just walking around - and I am not one of those people who sweats all the time.

The humidity was not helping either.

-dave

frank2271

I did my first 13 mile run last night. Feeling great now, little stiff in the knees. We had a lot of rain yesterday in the Tampa area, so it was only 80 degrees and I decided to take advantage of the "cool" weather. Glad I did, don't know when the next time it gets below 90 degrees will be.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Did about a half mile yesterday and then had a problem with my ankle.:(

I had a lot of problems with my ankles when I first started (the result of being big and fat with tiny ankles, I assume), but I had mostly gotten past that. Haven't had any real problems for at least 6 months, so I'm going to back off and try to not push it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom