What did you do?

fractal

9.10 just now. I took it really easy as not to re-injure myself...turned off my pace alert on my 305 (set to go off if I drop below 9:00) and ran a slow 10 min pace.

Some pain in my left knee and lower back but not awful, and it went away at the 4.5 mile mark.

I'm just going to ease back into my routine and see what happens. 10k race in a few weeks.

Good to see you back. Seems like a smart way to ease back into your routine.

Phonedave

I know exactly how you feel. I had a conversation with Nick about this same subject. I have a pair of Mizunos in a neutral pronation. Love the shoe. They have around 200 miles on them too. The fit perfect the first 100 and naturally, the cushion has settled a little in the arch. On my right leg, Im getting some knee pain and right above the inside ankle.

I need to get a new shoe with a little more arch support so on the tail end of miles (100-400ish) they will fit perfect. On the front end, they might be just a little too much, but they always settle. *sigh* Such a pain.

Thats exactly what mine are - neutral pronation. I have notice lately that they feel like they are leaning to the inside, if that makes any sense. Almost like the heel cup is still there on the outside, but missing on the inside. But then that may just be the arch collapsing. I started getting knee pain in my right knee recently too, but I get that from time to time (my knee is built wrong according to the othopedist - he offered to rip it apart and rebuild it, I said no thanks). My it IS a result of the shoe though.

I think I will stop by RRS and pick some new insoles up and see what happens.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thats exactly what mine are - neutral pronation. I have notice lately that they feel like they are leaning to the inside, if that makes any sense. Almost like the heel cup is still there on the outside, but missing on the inside. But then that may just be the arch collapsing. I started getting knee pain in my right knee recently too, but I get that from time to time (my knee is built wrong according to the othopedist - he offered to rip it apart and rebuild it, I said no thanks). My it IS a result of the shoe though.

I think I will stop by RRS and pick some new insoles up and see what happens.

-dave
WOW. same feeling here. It feels like I over pronate in the right foot due to a break down in the shoe. Weird.

The cheapest alternative would be some new insoles for another 200 miles. Ill definitely get a new pair a little after the W&D for my preparation for a FULL. I cant double my training mileage with this problem not corrected.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Once it is healed, try some core exercises. I do some every day. Plank mostly but I find it really helps strengthen that lower back fro long runs.

Glad you are back at least 50%. :wave:

Thanks Joel...but I feel like I'm at 20%:dazzle:

I'll def do some core workouts.

I added up my mileage so far this week and it's like 30 miles...i feel so lazy!

joel_maxwell

Thanks Joel...but I feel like I'm at 20%:dazzle:

I'll def do some core workouts.

I added up my mileage so far this week and it's like 30 miles...i feel so lazy!
I am running upper 20's this week. I run about the same pace as you do on good days. You wont lose anything. It will be a good break. Wait till that back is healed.

Im about to inflate the exercise ball again to really work the core. After i completed p90X a year ago, I was rock solid in my core and felt I could run so much more efficient. I miss that.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I am running upper 20's this week. I run about the same pace as you do on good days. You wont lose anything. It will be a good break. Wait till that back is healed.

Im about to inflate the exercise ball again to really work the core. After i completed p90X a year ago, I was rock solid in my core and felt I could run so much more efficient. I miss that.

I hear that the p90X is INTENSE. Nice job. Maybe I'll check that out at some point.

joel_maxwell

I hear that the p90X is INTENSE. Nice job. Maybe I'll check that out at some point.
The workouts are hard, or as hard as you push yourself but the most challenging thing is staying strong through the 90 days. You workout 6 out of 7 days. 1 hour a day average.

I was rock solid. Speaking of core, at the end of the program, I could do 300 of the wildest crunches or ab work leg lifts like it was nothing. Dang i need to do that again. :lol:

fmingo36

Beautiful morning for a run. Did a brisk 4.5 miles + a hour at the gym with a trainer. Lots of abs and back exercises. I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

fractal

I bit warmer today. I got in 4.5 miles.

I did P90X 3 years ago. I made it to about day 65 - then on and off for a few more months. Definitely will get you in shape.

That Ab workout is sick! I loved when I was able to breeze thru that and the Yoga workout. I went back to it last winter and both of them crushed me first time. :lol:

joel_maxwell

I bit warmer today. I got in 4.5 miles.

I did P90X 3 years ago. I made it to about day 65 - then on and off for a few more months. Definitely will get you in shape.

That Ab workout is sick! I loved when I was able to breeze thru that and the Yoga workout. I went back to it last winter and both of them crushed me first time. :lol:
Ab Ripper
Plyometrics and
Yoga killed me.

Phonedave

Ab Ripper
Plyometrics and
Yoga killed me.

I did the P90X last year. Yeah, the AbRipper is sick, and it only takes like 12 minutes.

I stated doing the Ab Ripper again. My Tae Kwon Do classes go on hiatus over the summer, but will be starting back up again soon. Core is important for that (especially when you take a kick to the gut :) ). The P90X yoga also made a HUGE impact on Tae Kwon Do as well.

-dave

Phonedave

Today was 5 ugly ugly ugly miles.

I just had no motivation and my legs were just dead - I have no idea why.

On the good side, I bought some SUPERFeet insoles (the green ones) from RRS today. I used them on the run. My right forefoot still goes numb, but no pronation issues at all.

I also bought an ultimate direction water belt - with the sideways bottle holder. I don't like it. There was a HUGE difference to me once I took the bottle out. I think I will keep using it for the pouch function - that was handy, but the bottle just mad a bad run even worse.

-dave

joel_maxwell

I did the P90X last year. Yeah, the AbRipper is sick, and it only takes like 12 minutes.

I stated doing the Ab Ripper again. My Tae Kwon Do classes go on hiatus over the summer, but will be starting back up again soon. Core is important for that (especially when you take a kick to the gut :) ). The P90X yoga also made a HUGE impact on Tae Kwon Do as well.

-dave
When I first did Ab Ripper, I saw that it was 16 minutes total and was relieved that it wasnt an hour and "I can handle this NO PROBLEM"

OMG... I was almost crying/laughing it hurt so bad the first session. Yes, Yoga was nice, but all the "warrior" poses got so tiring.

Tae Kwon Do? Very nice Dave. Ill remember that in the need of some back up one day. :D

Today was 5 ugly ugly ugly miles.

I just had no motivation and my legs were just dead - I have no idea why.

On the good side, I bought some SUPERFeet insoles (the green ones) from RRS today. I used them on the run. My right forefoot still goes numb, but no pronation issues at all.

I also bought an ultimate direction water belt - with the sideways bottle holder. I don't like it. There was a HUGE difference to me once I took the bottle out. I think I will keep using it for the pouch function - that was handy, but the bottle just mad a bad run even worse.

-dave
WOW. Those are the exact pair I got last year. They feel great, but they dont let me foot/arch flex at ALL. This was the other extreme. My knee hurt since my arch wasnt getting to flex down just a bit. So, I took them out. $35 down the drain. I could probably use the Orange color and they would work perfect, I just dont want to risk another $35 on a chance. Ill do a little research and see if the orange give a little more allowance.

If we wore the same size, I would have mailed you mine free. :D Size 9?

Phonedave

WOW. Those are the exact pair I got last year. They feel great, but they dont let me foot/arch flex at ALL. This was the other extreme. My knee hurt since my arch wasnt getting to flex down just a bit. So, I took them out. $35 down the drain. I could probably use the Orange color and they would work perfect, I just dont want to risk another $35 on a chance. Ill do a little research and see if the orange give a little more allowance.

If we wore the same size, I would have mailed you mine free. :D Size 9?

My arches are a tad on the high side anyway, so I guess that helps. I did sort of feel them in my arches, but then at about a mile I had a 50 foot or so run thought 2" gravel. Maybe that 'broke' them, but after I got out of that gravel they felt much better.

And I don't think your size 9's would work in my 11 1/2 shoes :) but thanks anyway.

-dave

joel_maxwell

My arches are a tad on the high side anyway, so I guess that helps. I did sort of feel them in my arches, but then at about a mile I had a 50 foot or so run thought 2" gravel. Maybe that 'broke' them, but after I got out of that gravel they felt much better.

And I don't think your size 9's would work in my 11 1/2 shoes :) but thanks anyway.

-dave
Probably not. :lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Good 5 mile run tonight. Next week I expand past my longest run ever to 6 miles.

Funny part is I feel like I can do it....a few weeks ago I might have scoffed...but speed is coming slowly and the mileage goes by faster, as I am more comfortable and get into the "zone" more quickly when I run consistently each week.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.19 miles on Saturday and 6.28 miles yesterday.

Strange blisters underneath my toenails are forming...which began a few weeks ago. They hurt and I do not know how I got them, and I've never had blister issues before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom