What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
31 miles this morning. Felt good the entire way. The heat was getting to me by mile 28, so i had to hop up on the boardwalks and cool off under the showers.

Taking the weekend to rest and then back to it on Monday.

Run folks, run.

JillC LI

Yesterday did 4 miles with an 11:00 min/mile pace. Not great but its done. Been having a little ankle pain. Husband did some muscle strength tests and said I have a strength deficiency in my left ankle which may stem from knee issues I have had in the past. Time for some theraband exercises! Yay! (NOT!)

I used these after my ankle surgery in 2003. They really do help with strength.

Summer runs my DW make me do exactly this. She won't let me in the house until I have dried off outside.

LOL, my family runs from the room when I get home screaming "Mommy stinks!"

Mad Stitch

What should have been an 8 mile run today turned into a 5 mile run when the skies opened up with a lightning and thunder storm. Then it was a mile sprint home using the shortest path possible. I've always been lucky in avoiding storms when I run but it caught me this morning.

Ariel484

What should have been an 8 mile run today turned into a 5 mile run when the skies opened up with a lightning and thunder storm. Then it was a mile sprint home using the shortest path possible. I've always been lucky in avoiding storms when I run but it caught me this morning.

Yep, I had a 5-miler scheduled but I am pushing it to tomorrow. Oh well...we REALLY need the rain!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Running in the rain is AWSOME.
Running in a blizzard is AWSOME.
Running in tropical storm/hurricane is, AWSOME.
Running when it's lightening makes things exciting :D

No excuses!

Mad Stitch

I don't mind the rain but lightening is where I draw the line. I had so much rain running into my eyes I couldn't see where I was going. I think a ruined a pair of ear buds too.

Texas84

4 miles at 1000 today. All I wanted was to beat a 12-minute pace and I did it. Did I mention it's hot? Robins AFB half next Saturday. :eek:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5.6 miles today per Galloway's marathon plan...somehow runkeeper stopped tracking my run when i stopped to use the restroom at the supermarket. I don't have an exact pace.....but I felt good, and really felt in the groove the last half of it.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
5.6 miles today per Galloway's marathon plan...somehow runkeeper stopped tracking my run when i stopped to use the restroom at the supermarket. I don't have an exact pace.....but I felt good, and really felt in the groove the last half of it.

I found runkeeper so frustrating! I used it just after completing the couch to 5k program. I think I used it 3 or 4 times before abandoning it. Is it usually pretty reliable for you? I thought my problems were probably because I was using the iphone 3g.

5.27 miles yesterday @ 9:27 pace

I'm so proud of everyone for sticking with their runs even though its been so hot and humid across the pond. You guys are real troopers! :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ran 7.10 this morning at a 10:22 pace with my hubby. Muggy as heck but with no sun, it was managable.
So was it muggy like this?
attachment

Yep, 6am temp and humidity this morning.

I found runkeeper so frustrating! I used it just after completing the couch to 5k program. I think I used it 3 or 4 times before abandoning it. Is it usually pretty reliable for you? I thought my problems were probably because I was using the iphone 3g.

I'm so proud of everyone for sticking with their runs even though its been so hot and humid across the pond. You guys are real troopers! :D
Nice run and pace.

Yes, Im proud of us for sticking with it. Good job guys. We got heat, humidity, raining on Nick, but we stay strong and run.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Coryna, I just beat you this morning. 7.25 miles, at 9:16 pace.

Buddy, I was hurting today too. Stayed up way too late watching the DVR'd Opening Ceremony, had a drink and didnt eat a good dinner. Triple whammy. I made myself not postpone it till Sunday.

I punished myself and did the hilly course. 444 vertical feet gained and 768 ascended while 786 descended. Quick hills, not long rolling ones with these stats.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Just thought about it. A little over 3 months ago today, I couldnt run a mile without major pain and flare ups. 2 Months ago today I was barely doing 2 miles 3 times a week with minor knee pain. Today, Im in the thick of a schedule, cycling and swimming 6 out of 7 days a week and feeling pretty good. Never thought this day would get here. Always positive vibes to staying healthy.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've had nothing but success with runkeeper in the past. It's been a cheap substitution for a GPS watch for training runs. I think this was a freak instance, as the grocery store has Wi-Fi inside, and that may have thrown off the program. It did save the run, so I just got 2 separate runs recorded.

Edit: It did fail during the princess 1/2 marathon. But I had dropped my phone, shattering the screen on the way to the corrals, so I take partial responsiblity. It tracked me nicely, but it threw me almost 5 miles off the course. By mile 5, it thought I had run like 12 miles already...I shut it down after that.

Other than that, it's been great.

imagination30

run keeper is good to some extint.. like last sunday it was raining so bad on my run i whiped my glasses off with my runkeeper app and it aprently stoped the session , i was like what the crap. but other than .. its good !

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
run keeper is good to some extint.. like last sunday it was raining so bad on my run i whiped my glasses off with my runkeeper app and it aprently stoped the session , i was like what the crap. but other than .. its good !

I might have been doing something wrong. I'd keep my phone in a spibelt and the program would always shut itself off. I'm glad it works well for others. :)

7.04 miles today 9:36 pace

fmingo36

Coryna, I just beat you this morning. 7.25 miles, at 9:16 pace.

Just thought about it. A little over 3 months ago today, I couldnt run a mile without major pain and flare ups. 2 Months ago today I was barely doing 2 miles 3 times a week with minor knee pain. Today, Im in the thick of a schedule, cycling and swimming 6 out of 7 days a week and feeling pretty good. Never thought this day would get here. Always positive vibes to staying healthy.

Joel, we might just be running together at the TOT10M! That would be
crazy if we were in the same corral and it looks like we are training at just about the same pace.

Glad to hear that the pain is substaining. Sometimes our bodies just a need a
break. It seems like the switch to cycling and swimming has been very good to your knees.

Kristia

7.5 miles - 11:12 pace. Thank goodness we got up and did it early! It was nice and overcast at the beginning (although really muggy) and the clouds started breaking up just as we were finishing. Also did a 3 mile walk yesterday at about a 16 min/mile pace as per the Galloway program. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom