What did you do?

JillC LI

Awwwww -- that is so sweet!! I am trying to guesstimate when my DH might be marathoning near our resort (or in MK) so we can give him some early morning support. Keeping this idea on the down low so we can surprise him. :)

Just a suggestion, but you might not want to surprise him. It is easy to get absorbed in the race and not hear the spectators individually, just as a whole. My sister and DH were standing about 20 feet apart before the Finish Line of the NYC Marathon, and I saw my sis, but I didn't know my DH was going to be at that spot and I never saw him which was the only disappointment I had about the whole race because he worked so hard to get to that spot and support me for those last few feet. (I had seen him at Mile 17 though, thank goodness. I knew he was going to be there and it was great to look forward to seeing him there.)

That is very sweet and a great idea!
My hubby couldn't be with me when I ran my first marathon so when I got to the 26 mile marker, I called him and gave him a play-by-play of what I saw the last .2 miles and as I crossed the finish line. So he was "there with me" as well.

Include my hubby in that group as well. And Jill, I absolutely agree with you...it's their way of weasley out of the sick kid duty.
Although if it happens in the middle of the night, it usually ends up with one of us cleans up the kid and one of us strips the bed, puts new sheets on, start the laundry, etc.

Aw, I love the phone call thing. As for sharing nighttime sick duty, it usually falls on me, but I make sure to make plenty of noise and jostle the bed enough that a hibernating bear would not be able to sleep soundly through it! ;)

Switched up the Galloway marathon plan for the week doing M/W/S instead of T/Th/S. Last run on my home turf for a week (Central Park) 5mi @ 51:50, 10:21/mile before a long drive to the other side of the state (Buffalo) on Friday for a weekend family reunion. Kind of excited to run in the old neighborhood, hopefully it'll treat me well. I look forward to not having to dodge tourists on bikes, pedicabs, hansome cabs, and crazy NYPD officers that cut you off at every turn.

Welcome aboard (pun intended). I hope you enjoy your home turf run - that sounds really nice.

As for me, 4 miles of speed work this morning - reps of (1/4 mile at 8:25 min/mile x 1:30 min at 10 min/mile). It was REALLY hard for me and I almost decided to forego the last rep, but I didn't. Yay me!

Witchy Chick

Just a suggestion, but you might not want to surprise him. It is easy to get absorbed in the race and not hear the spectators individually, just as a whole. My sister and DH were standing about 20 feet apart before the Finish Line of the NYC Marathon, and I saw my sis, but I didn't know my DH was going to be at that spot and I never saw him which was the only disappointment I had about the whole race because he worked so hard to get to that spot and support me for those last few feet. (I had seen him at Mile 17 though, thank goodness. I knew he was going to be there and it was great to look forward to seeing him there.)

Good point. The only times I've been cheering him was the W&D half (where he did not see me) and the VA Beach full (where he did see me.....twice). I had a cowbell at VA Beach; maybe that helped. LOL

I think VA Beach, too, we had planned to "meet" around mile 12 or so. I was eating a huge b'fast (and drinking Mimosas :p ) when I got his 10K split texted to my phone. I guesstimated when he would be hitting the 12 mile mark (near where I was). I settled my tab, walked ~ 2 blocks to the course, waited ~ 5 minutes and there he was. :D

For the WDW Marathon, I'm fairly certain my in-laws are going to want to "be there" to support DH. As early as the runners go near the resorts and through MK, I figured this might be a good thing to do before we have breakfast that morning.

I'll have to talk it over with MIL as we get closer to the trip.

Oh, and off of that topic -- my doc is recommending Naproxen 2x day and icing my knee after running. She also mentioned physical therapy, but I might hold off on that for a few weeks to see how the meds/icing goes. Oh -- and a precautionary Xray.

I'll be on schedule to run on the TM tonight. :)

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles this morning.

Just under 25 miles yesterday.

Monday and Tuesday both 25-ers I think? Log book isn't in front of me.

Hip pain for two days. I run hard this morning and my mutant healing factor kicks in...hip is fine.

I hate the few weeks prior to a race, since I haven't been killing 30 milers every other day. Going for 30 tomorrow.

BoB100 in a few weeks. It's psychotic to say that I'm using it as a training run for time for my 500 miler :D

Run hard. Don't complain. And enjoy life.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Switched up the Galloway marathon plan for the week doing M/W/S instead of T/Th/S. Last run on my home turf for a week (Central Park) 5mi @ 51:50, 10:21/mile before a long drive to the other side of the state (Buffalo) on Friday for a weekend family reunion. Kind of excited to run in the old neighborhood, hopefully it'll treat me well. I look forward to not having to dodge tourists on bikes, pedicabs, hansome cabs, and crazy NYPD officers that cut you off at every turn.
Welcome to WDWMAGIC, and the running section! A great bunch in here.

Kristia

Yesterday did 4 miles with an 11:00 min/mile pace. Not great but its done. Been having a little ankle pain. Husband did some muscle strength tests and said I have a strength deficiency in my left ankle which may stem from knee issues I have had in the past. Time for some theraband exercises! Yay! (NOT!)

Today had a fun afternoon at our annual barbeque and kayak outing at work. Boy my shoulders are sore!

Texas84

3 brutal miles this AM. Going to have to put a towel at the front door if this keeps up. It's like running through a hot shower. Sure feels good when you're done though.

Witchy Chick

2.1 miles on TM in 33 mins. Iced knee afterwards (which felt GREAT). Gonna search the house for some Naproxen since I did not have time to pick up my 'scrip.

Witchy

Mickey&Minnie

Had a horrible run tonight. Was only able to do 2 slow miles before the nausea and dizziness set in. Thankfully I was at the gym so was able to sit down and catch a breather. I decided then to just do weights intermittently as I rested to catch my breath. Hope to make it to the gym tomorrow morning to get a catch up run in.

Have a great run everyone!

dreamfinder

3 brutal miles this AM. Going to have to put a towel at the front door if this keeps up. It's like running through a hot shower. Sure feels good when you're done though.

Summer runs my DW make me do exactly this. She won't let me in the house until I have dried off outside.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
2.1 miles on TM in 33 mins. Iced knee afterwards (which felt GREAT). Gonna search the house for some Naproxen since I did not have time to pick up my 'scrip.

Witchy
If I could find Celebrex on the black market (only for those times in need) and not think it is laced with something else, I would. Celebrex is the nectar of the exercise gods. Naproxen isnt bad either... but Celebrex.... wonder drug. It is amazing how expensive it is and how many insurance companies wont cover it. My boss needed it after back problems, insurance wouldnt cover it and the pharmacy said it would cost him $900 for the script. WOW.
Had a horrible run tonight. Was only able to do 2 slow miles before the nausea and dizziness set in. Thankfully I was at the gym so was able to sit down and catch a breather. I decided then to just do weights intermittently as I rested to catch my breath. Hope to make it to the gym tomorrow morning to get a catch up run in.

Have a great run everyone!
At least you hit the weights and it wasnt a total loss. Nice job.

joel_maxwell

16 lengths in the pool this morning. Slowly, and I mean slowly, I am getting better in the pool. Never thought the crawl would be this difficult to do correctly and efficiently. At least the moved the "triathlon training group" with coach to a different pool. It makes us commoners look a little better.

imagination30

okay this morning 77 degrees wasnt bad , but as my run wore on it got muggier.. , did 5.18 @ a 9:18 pace..
got to start warming up for my two sept races.. a 10k and 5k which is warrior dash!:)

Witchy Chick

If I could find Celebrex on the black market (only for those times in need) and not think it is laced with something else, I would. Celebrex is the nectar of the exercise gods. Naproxen isnt bad either... but Celebrex.... wonder drug. It is amazing how expensive it is and how many insurance companies wont cover it. My boss needed it after back problems, insurance wouldnt cover it and the pharmacy said it would cost him $900 for the script. WOW.

Wow indeed. I did find some Naproxen in the house last night, but it was from a 'scrip written in 2006!! LOL I'll be picking up my new 'scrip today -- but worst case, I could always take some Aleve. Doc said to double-up if I took Aleve, so I guess the Naproxen 'scrip is for 400mg or better?

Anyway, after icing the knee last night, I did feel marginally better this morning. So, we'll see.

Day of rest for me today, and getting back to it tomorrow (probably sometime during the day, as we have plans tomorrow night).

Witchy

joel_maxwell

Wow indeed. I did find some Naproxen in the house last night, but it was from a 'scrip written in 2006!! LOL I'll be picking up my new 'scrip today -- but worst case, I could always take some Aleve. Doc said to double-up if I took Aleve, so I guess the Naproxen 'scrip is for 400mg or better?

Anyway, after icing the knee last night, I did feel marginally better this morning. So, we'll see.

Day of rest for me today, and getting back to it tomorrow (probably sometime during the day, as we have plans tomorrow night).

Witchy
Mine was for 500mg a pill *looks around*... and to be honest, Im not a fan of any medication. However, if a tool is there to get me running quicker and it isnt abused, bring it on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom